NVSE plugin -- What do we need?

prideslayer

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Why yes, this topic is months old. But it was created for this purpose, so... Just putting this here so when prideslayer comes back I can immediately say, "Welcome back, now do stuff for me!" :P

If these things I'm requesting exist already, feel free to let me know. Basically, I need GetActorFullName. The reverse of SetActorFullName, so I can check an NPC (or the player)'s name against a pre-created NPC or a string I provide to see if they match.

• 8 months later...

Well, glad I finally found this. Glad to see the beta 4 file and I'll be looking at it soon hopefully.

I have way too many requests to bother listing here, and they're all kept in a nice spreadsheet doc right here.

I don't have names for some things I want done, as I wasn't sure what to call them. Quite a few are requests for ports from OBSE, but I've got a somewhat extensive list of new functions I want added if possible. I'd love to see some of these get added, as most were put on that sheet due to a desire to have them for an already existing mod idea that lacks functions to make it work.

Example, broken state of locks for a realtime lockpicking mod, setting terminal passwords for same mod, weather functions for a realistic, dynamic, weather system that changes weather based on temp/humidity, and can alter the length of daylight available each day.

Well, glad I finally found this. Glad to see the beta 4 file and I'll be looking at it soon hopefully.

I have way too many requests to bother listing here, and they're all kept in a nice spreadsheet doc right here.

I don't have names for some things I want done, as I wasn't sure what to call them. Quite a few are requests for ports from OBSE, but I've got a somewhat extensive list of new functions I want added if possible. I'd love to see some of these get added, as most were put on that sheet due to a desire to have them for an already existing mod idea that lacks functions to make it work.

Example, broken state of locks for a realtime lockpicking mod, setting terminal passwords for same mod, weather functions for a realistic, dynamic, weather system that changes weather based on temp/humidity, and can alter the length of daylight available each day.

Yeah, you can only fantasize about what all those functions can do in the right hands, like some of those dudes over on the PN team ;)

Me, I'm dreaming of event handler functions, but the activemenu ones look good to me too. And RemoveAllTypedItems could do with inclusion lists as well as exclusion ones to help finetune inventory sorting - but I have no clue if it's possible or not. (I get that a lot.)

Not sure if/when our resident programmers'd make the next leap in expanding nvse; they only just got done with arrays and user-defined functions, and some would probably like to put the new stuff in practice. You'll want to take a look at the NVSE Extender functions in the meantime; they've pretty much turned around our whole way of doing things.

Yeah, you can only fantasize about what all those functions can do in the right hands, like some of those dudes over on the PN team ;)

Not sure if/when our resident programmers'd make the next leap in expanding nvse; they only just got done with arrays and user-defined functions, and some would probably like to put the new stuff in practice. You'll want to take a look at the NVSE Extender functions in the meantime; they've pretty much turned around our whole way of doing things.

People like me you mean? Yeah, pretty much every function is in that list exactly because I already have a use for it, and just need the function to exist so that I can make the mod. A friend of mine worked out all the formulas and values needed to make real-world-based weather including time of day, humidity, temp, etc work in game based on where you are (including all values necessary for Fo3 locations). We just need the functions to allow us to alter the weather accordingly to make it all match up.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived