NOTICE: The new site is now moved to the original www.loverslab.com URL. The site may be up and down during this transition and there is still some tweaks and setup going on, so you may experience the occasional broken link, visual oddity, and other such errors. 

If you notice anything any particular that's broken or have any suggestions or comments, please post them in the following thread: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/87535-new-site-questions-comments-and-suggestions/

The old site will remain accessible for the next week via the URL http://old.loverslab.com

Sign in to follow this  
The Master

How To: Animated Woohoo - A complete Step-for-Step Walkthrough

1.   I think I have it sort of figured out.

2.  The rig master has given us, and some smart person correct me is I am wrong is setting both NPC to root Location zero.

3. Now when I make and animation I use the b_root_bind to move my character around, and the "Y" location is just fine, and works.

4.   However sense both NPC are X == 0 and Z == 0 then when I place my animation in the game they both occupied the same spot, and over lap, and the animation is screwed.

5.  I have determined that the off set is approximately  0.50865 difference, but that word approximately is not very well liked by me.

5-1. By making my animation, and the applying that offset, I can get the animation to look close to right, but it will always be a little off :s which I find sucky!

6.  What I need is an adult rig that actually has the offset built in right, as if I do a lot of b_root_bind movements the math offset matching, and time re locating the animation after making it ( as you would have to make it first where it looked right in Blender, and then move it where it looked wrong in blender after wards to have it right in the game ), and testing afterwards will be troublesome.

7.  Does anyone have Adult rigs made that have the offset figured in from the start ?  Or is there something I am missing something in blender that would auto figure there distance apart or offset for me?

8.   Right now as the rig is I can see many problems in getting a good match up on animations, and this may be why I see so many animations from existing packages that are not very well aligned already.

SIDE Question

Is there a designation for Teen, as alignment on them is always off with and adult, and would this designation be seen by KW and acknowledged so that if I made separate Adult Teen animations they would be used ?

where by I might have  have an "a_BJA" align with a "teen_BJB", and "a_BJB" or have 3 animations with one being adult male, adult female, and another with teen, and the right one would be used, assuming I added them all to the XML for that particular animation would KW use the right one  ? is there a way to make it understand which one to use ?

I don`t know if this is related, but my sim did a 90. In one of the animations she is now facing the wrong direction to him and they are staying far from eachother, in the other they are "on top of eachother"...and not the good "on top of eachother", but merged into :P  Yeah I am definitively doing something wrong. Not had one working animations so far :P And still not even tried getting sound and objects into the animations. We need a mentor/guide! Wish Amra72 was still with us....

Using the b_root_bind "Y" setting it to 180, and tapping i, and clicking rotation to loc the value will get your rotation right.

This is one that unless you are rotating them again, during the animation it may only need to be set in frame one, after that it should stay for the rest of your animation.

I find the rotation, and elevation "Y" seem to be fine, and give no trouble, it is the distance between the NPC that has slowed me to a stand still, and stopped any further animations until I have this fully sorted out.

2. The sounds are a mixed bag, ( finding them is only done by looking at other animation packages that use them, and getting there names ) I have some trouble sorting out, but the Key frame point where you need the sound to begin seem to be definable by dividing the number of frame's to that point by 30.5 ( however if frame rate is set at 24, one would thing that would be the number to use instead ) I think, but that does not seem to be quite right.

Galgat, which rig of the master do you use? The one where both actors are already in the blender file? 

Galgat, which rig of the master do you use? The one where both actors are already in the blender file? 

Yeppers that is the one I use, the adult one.

Don't use that one anymore. Instead, open another one of the rigs, with only one armature in it. Let's say you open the female one.

Once opened, move the female rig a bit to the side. (in pose mode ofcourse)

Then go to file ---> append, and navigate to the folder where you have your rigs stored. 

Click the male rig (buhudain_amrigV2.2.blend, that's the adult one with the proper equipment ;) ) then choose "object" and shift select all files from amBottom to amRig. Then click link/append from library, and voila, you have two actors in your blender file. Save it if you must, so you can open this one when you want to animate again. :)

Don't use that one anymore. Instead, open another one of the rigs, with only one armature in it. Let's say you open the female one.

Once opened, move the female rig a bit to the side. 

Then go to file ---> append, and navigate to the folder where you have your rigs stored. 

Click the male rig (buhudain_amrigV2.2.blend, that's the adult one with the proper equipment ;) ) then choose "object" and shift select all files from amBottom to amRig. Then click link/append from library, and voila, you have two actors in your blender file. Save it if you must, so you can open this one when you want to animate again. :)

Okay that makes more senes, This is why I have been having alignment problems though, and if you follow the masters tutorial it seems to point or I thought it did to using one of the combined rig's.

Okay that makes more senes, This is why I have been having alignment problems though, and if you follow the masters tutorial it seems to point or I thought it did to using one of the combined rig's.

I never used that rig, so I didn't know that either. I always use the append button because I have different rigs with different constraints (I'm goofing around to improve my skills, haha). 

But it's good to know what was your problem, and I hope that others don't use the combined rigs anymore.

have a problem with that male for some reason the penis is not there instead i have this huge thing in there

EDIT what did I do wrong now ?

post-123-0-00453400-1485975890_thumb.jpg

have a problem with that male for some reason the penis is not there instead i have this huge thing in there

:') LOL. I said, from ambottom to amrig. This is what happens when you don't read ;) You imported the rig_bone_vis. 

:') LOL. I said, from ambottom to amrig. This is what happens when you don't read ;) You imported the rig_bone_vis. 

Okay I will try again, and try to read closer  Sorry :blush:

I set up a new file with two adult rigs already in it and deselected all the bones in posemode that do not transform the mesh, as too many people locrot unnecessary bones when animating. If I accidentally unchecked (I don't think I did, but you never know) a bone you do need, just enable it again in the topright window (click the arrow and the eye next to the bone).

AdultAF+AMrigs.rar

No need to say sorry, I had a good laugh :D It was a funny sight, that big bone mesh in the middle of it :P

I do not have an amrig, I have and auRig

Ah yeah, I forgot that weird name those rigs have. From amBottom to auRig, then ;) (I renamed my rig, because the female uses "auRig" too, or else it gets confusing. :) )

now he have no Pee-pee

OK, when you open the rig, do this:

1. Click (select) amBottompenis

2. Click the eye so you see the penis.

3. Click object data.

4. Set value from 0 (default) to 1 (erection)

That's it!  :)

post-1018818-0-51880700-1485977976_thumb.png

Yeah! the dummy has a Penis, and this dummy can see it. :shy:

post-123-0-33757500-1485978401_thumb.jpg

I will start making animations with this rig, and see if I have less problems, thank you Maryjane

post-123-0-18358600-1485978693_thumb.jpg

Yeppers ! i had already been playing with that i just forgot about it. also forgot about turning the eye's on, and off. I turn off stuff all the time when I am building or now animating.

I found the PErection some time back, and had played with it, because I wanted to lengthen it, or enlarge it, but did not find away.

It is to bad no one added a bone to it, or I did not see a bone for it.

Would be nice to give it that bobble when it came out of the orifice, that little boing they do.

Then I assume we will have pitchipoy rig for sims 3 in no time ;) Looking forward to it *eg*

On a different note, I'm finally starting to understand rigging :D

attachicon.gifRigging.jpg

If you get time, and can find dog's with there dinger, I think sims 3 need more creature animations, If I had a rig, I would make some of those, just to give variety to some of the slacker area's in Sim's 3 world's.  I guess the alien rig is the same.

a teen, adult rig both ways af teen, and am teen might be nice to have, if KW can distinguish between the teen, and adult.

There is already a dog/horse rig, but not with their "dinger" afaIk. https://sims3cliptool.wordpress.com/

Yeppers ! I gathered up all the animal's, but have not found any with tool's yet, but I know they exist, as I have seen them in the game.

there are actually not that much info for as long as this game has been around.  However I noticed that many web pages are defunct now, and there pages wiped.

Yes I have noticed as well. Shame really. I would ask Mike24 if he has an animalrig.He did after all make the few animations made for that, so maybe he would be willing to share his rig?