Question about outfit grouping in Bodyslide 2

Alan47

Hey guys,

I'm currently using CT77's armor mod (see: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/25259/?) and also "I Love Cleavage" (see:  http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/29827/? , for the bodyslide plugin, scroll down to the end of the page in the "files" menu). In bodyslide, one may choose which version of each armor to use (CT77's version or the ILC version) which is very nice.

However, I'm someone who likes to change the slider values in bodyslide every other day. Going through all armors *again* to choose where to use CT77's version and where to use the ILC version is quite time-consuming.

I never used the grouping features of bodyslide, but can you do something like this with it? For example, Bodyslide should remember that for a batch build, it is supposed to use e.g. the meshes for iron and leather armor from CT77's, but glass armor from ILC. If it is possible, how to do that? I'm not afraid of doing a little XML editing if need be.

Thanks,

Alan

Okay, I think I've figured it out. It's a bit more complicated than I would like it to be, but it works. Here's what I did:

1) Go through the "I Love Cleavage" armors and write down the ones I liked better than their CT77 counterparts.

2) Created a *.xml file containing a slider group which enumerates exactly the armors written down in 1)

3) Start Bodyslide

4) Batch-build everything (no group selection)

5) Batch-build *all* I Love Cleavage armors.

6) Batch-build *all* CT77 armors

7) Batch-build the group ceated in 1

8) profit

The reason for steps 5 and 6 is purely defensive: there might be armors not covered by ILC, or CT77. To avoid those cases, I make sure that at least one of them gets a chance to do the override. Step 4 is necessary for non-vanilla armors that support bodyslide.

Archived