Noob questions: Body Replacers and how to decide?

MisterThief117

Color me confused. There seems to be a bunch of body replacers and they all seem to do different things, have different "features." Some replacers, such as CBBE are more compatible with other mods and have more content such as armors and clothing, etc. 

Everyone seems to recommend CBBE due to the broad range of stuff designed for it. One of the biggest advancements that Caliente released was BodySlide, which from my limited understanding, allows custom morphing of bodies based on the player's preference. 

This is where my brain begins melting. How do all of these bodies work together? I know that you can only have one body replacer installed at a time...but where do these ultimate "replacers" such Project CITRUS fit in? Are these actual replacers I can download and use in-game, or are they just for BodySlide? I'm not even sure if that question makes sense.

Now with all that asked, the body replacer I fancy the most is UN7B, mostly because it has a fully modeled vagina :P

Now I have a ton of questions about this body and how it fits into the mix.

I never see this replacer discussed or even mentioned, so I have no idea what it's even based on or what items it's compatible with.

Are there any other body replacers that have a fully modeled vagina that's as high or greater quality than UN7B?

Is there a thread/wiki/post, Library of Congress document, etc dedicated to all the different body replacers available and their features/compatibility?

There is a plethora of them thats for sure. Personally id shy away from cbbe its a lower polycount body basically meaning stuff doesn't fit as close as it should or could altho having it with bodyslide is friggen awesome. Id lean towards a unp style replacer that includes 7b  there are tons and tons of armor both em and largely you can wear unp armor on a 7b body and visa vera with minimal problems but try that with 90% of unp/7b armors even if theres bodyslide files for it on cbbe and it will be bad very bad.

Yes UN7B has a functional pussy its not complete yet as far as I know only citrus is close to having it work those are the only 2 I know of with the rigging in place atm. I wouldnt base your decision off this id look for one that fits your likes in shape first. UN7B is compatible with all 7B/unp armors some however don't look/work good I am a long term user of it till just yesterday been running it since day 1 release but swapped to unpb  i wanted smaller tits and a different shape on em less 1% supermodel more real world body type.

I'm not sure what you are asking, you seemed determined to make body replacers more complicated then they are.

These bodies do NOT "work together" nor are they meant too. How to use them is extremely simple:

1. Browse the various body replacers until you find one to your liking. I heartily recommend a CBBE based body, lots of sub-types such as CHSBHC, Manga and Bodyslide 2 etc etc and it has the most compatible mods out there. But its a matter of taste. You seem to like UN7B and that's fine (keep in mind that you are not going to see inside the vagina much on a regular basis, so you may want to broaden your criteria on what you'd like to see, but to each their own).

2. Download armor/clothing mods using the SAME BODY TYPE. If you decide to use UN7B, then only use UN7B clothing. If you use CBBE texture based body you can actually get a little more lee way and sometimes make use of other body type armor/clothing mods, for instance, as long as the hips are covered you can generally use ADEC armor/clothing on a CBBE texture based body.

And its that simple.

With a little experimentation, you can use Bodyslide 2 to create your own unique body type and convert armor and clothing of other body types to match your unique one. If you simply can't choose, there are various mods out there that allow you to use different body mods at the same time. The biggest one is called Set Body Spell or something like that. You have to actually DOWNLOAD one of those mods and FOLLOW all the steps they list or it WON'T work. Body mods are not normally designed to be used together.

Armor/Clothing mods usually come into 2 general categories. Stand Alone and Replacer. A stand alone is a mod that adds brand new content into the game, like Dynasty Armor. You'll only want to download stand alone mods that match your chosen body type. Replacers will do exactly what they sound like, they will replace existing armor/clothing already in the game. Again, you want to download replacers that match your chosen body type.

Having Bodyslide 2 or Project CITRUS will NOT automatically make all mods fit your chosen body type. They will NOT automatically make all bodies type compatible with each other. They will do EXACTLY what they say they will do - they allow you to customize your own body and customize/convert existing armor/clothing mods, but you must do all of this yourself using these programs. For more information read their respective threads, as you already should have, they explain everything.

Hope that helps.

• 2 months later...

I'm not sure what you are asking, you seemed determined to make body replacers more complicated then they are.

These bodies do NOT "work together" nor are they meant too. How to use them is extremely simple:

1. Browse the various body replacers until you find one to your liking. I heartily recommend a CBBE based body, lots of sub-types such as CHSBHC, Manga and Bodyslide 2 etc etc and it has the most compatible mods out there. But its a matter of taste. You seem to like UN7B and that's fine (keep in mind that you are not going to see inside the vagina much on a regular basis, so you may want to broaden your criteria on what you'd like to see, but to each their own).

2. Download armor/clothing mods using the SAME BODY TYPE. If you decide to use UN7B, then only use UN7B clothing. If you use CBBE texture based body you can actually get a little more lee way and sometimes make use of other body type armor/clothing mods, for instance, as long as the hips are covered you can generally use ADEC armor/clothing on a CBBE texture based body.

And its that simple.

With a little experimentation, you can use Bodyslide 2 to create your own unique body type and convert armor and clothing of other body types to match your unique one. If you simply can't choose, there are various mods out there that allow you to use different body mods at the same time. The biggest one is called Set Body Spell or something like that. You have to actually DOWNLOAD one of those mods and FOLLOW all the steps they list or it WON'T work. Body mods are not normally designed to be used together.

Armor/Clothing mods usually come into 2 general categories. Stand Alone and Replacer. A stand alone is a mod that adds brand new content into the game, like Dynasty Armor. You'll only want to download stand alone mods that match your chosen body type. Replacers will do exactly what they sound like, they will replace existing armor/clothing already in the game. Again, you want to download replacers that match your chosen body type.

Having Bodyslide 2 or Project CITRUS will NOT automatically make all mods fit your chosen body type. They will NOT automatically make all bodies type compatible with each other. They will do EXACTLY what they say they will do - they allow you to customize your own body and customize/convert existing armor/clothing mods, but you must do all of this yourself using these programs. For more information read their respective threads, as you already should have, they explain everything.

Hope that helps.

Thanks a lot for this explanation!

After installing various body replacer mods I figured out that depending on which clothing/armor I was wearing the body shapes changed drammatically, so I started to doubt that I did something wrong. Indeed, as is now clear.

Install bodychange by arrow team, you can have 10 different bodies installed at the same time and changing them via MCM anytime you want; or by wearing certain outfits (if you configure it on MCM).

Didn't know that, thank you :)

Following this topic, I have a question.

After weeks of non-well-planned modding I found that my character has odd-looking textures and body, so I am planning to clean NM of all mods that create these issues and start a-new. As body replacers I chose UNP.

The question is: how do I make sure I clean all of the mods that affect meshes and bodies and that I am using the standard UNP body? I mean, I think I disable all of the unwanted mods, but still some issues persist, of examples breast areolas non aligned with nipples; textures on hips are odd, and I suspect even face textures are not as they should be.

I would to start a clean UNP body, then make some adjustements here and there to my liking. Would also make this setting work with some mods (like the sexy idle animation http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/53396/? that I love, HDT highhells system http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/36213/? , SG hairpack, bouncy mods and some armors set that are ment for different body mods.

So, how can I do that? Do I have disable all mods, empty NM folder, and that, one-by-one, put back in the folder just the mods that I can/want? Which one firt, UNP body?

And, if I found an armor which is not ment for UNP, should I use BodySlide to converto to UNP system?

As urielmanx7 suggested, I could use bodychange by arrow team, but this - if I got this right - would use differente bodies depending on armors, which is not what i want - to use just one body with all armors and mods.

I hope you guys can help :)

This is the list of my mods.

post-748378-0-46952200-1426413975_thumb.png

post-748378-0-50945400-1426414237_thumb.png

After doing some maths, I think I reached half of my goal. I cleaned up all of body replacer mods and start from scratch with UNBP, then added mesh and animation mods. Now my character look like I wanted to, except for a little detail; i can't figure out where to reduce the space between boobs in RaceMenu/ECE; I guess I have to keep searching.

Now UNBP armors sets work all good with boucing effect; still not beeing able to convert non-UNP, but I will tackle that someday, when I'll have more speartime.

:P

Archived