Still have trouble with getting mountains to look right with a texture replacer

bigglebojiggle

I use Mod Organizer and I'm 99% sure I've installed the mod correctly. What I do it when I go to install a mod, I choose manual, I right click on data subfolder (or another folder if I happen to get one) when I notice the red text "no game data on top level". I choose "set data directory" and get the green "looks good text."

I can tel that the textures are being used but it looks wrong, I've tried 1k and 2k textures and both look pretty much the same, so I'm wondering if there is something I don't know about when it comes to using texture replacers for mountains.

The pictures I've attached are a semi close-up of a mountain at 1k resolution,

post-356274-0-54496500-1418099713_thumb.jpg

and the ground right underneath it also at 1k resolution.

post-356274-0-02000300-1418099734_thumb.jpg

Any ideas or is this just how it looks?

Just be sure that MO shows the texture pack overwriting the other textures (it should anyway).

Also, if your monitor/screen is small enough, like a laptop for example, there is no visual difference between 1K and 2K textures, and if the screen is small enough even 512 will look the same. So if you're on a laptop with a 15" screen you may as well remove those textures and just run an optimizer for the performance boost.

Just be sure that MO shows the texture pack overwriting the other textures (it should anyway).

Also, if your monitor/screen is small enough, like a laptop for example, there is no visual difference between 1K and 2K textures, and if the screen is small enough even 512 will look the same. So if you're on a laptop with a 15" screen you may as well remove those textures and just run an optimizer for the performance boost.

Hmm, I'm not sure how to have it show if its overwriting other textures, I put all the landscape textures and stuff like that into one folder to help get rid of duplicates, also, maybe it just has to do with my screen size? I use my tv, 44 or 46 inch 1080p Panasonic

Check the "Data" Tab..

Go to the texture folder -> landscape and check if a mod is replacing the rock textures.

Not anymore, I moved all the texture mods into one folder to get rid of conflicts, now though I'm having crashing when using bows, which is odd cause I didn't move anything related to something that modifies weapons (only a texture and mesh folder), I moved nothing else, no scripts or skse folders or anything. It only seems to happen when it wants to show a death animation, which again, I didn't change any animation folders

Archived