Help — Game crashes after deleting skeleton female.nif

vram1974

I'm sorry for my noobness.

I've been playing Skyrim for a few months and started modding a few weeks ago. And when I say modding I mean I actually just downloaded meshes and textures and manually added the ones I wanted in my data folder. I didn't use a mod manager.

I also downloded Caliente tools and began making female shapes and customizing the skins etc etc. I recently downloaded some animations that really made everything nice. It was great.

Then last night I greedily decided to try and increase the physics of the bounce so I was playing around and downloaded Realistic Ragdolls and Force by dDefinder. In the character assets pack there's a skeleton female nif you're supposed to replace.

I ALWAYS back up EVERYTHING but I somehow backed up skeleton beast nif and skeleton female hkx by mistake and OVERWROTE the skeleton female nif. #epicfail

Any game I enter now crashes immediately. If I disable the custom armor and clothes in the meshes folder everything works fine. But it's all vanilla meshes. No skimpy armor or bounce physics from the animations.

Question I have is this: What skeleton do I have to get to restore the skeleton female nif I overwrote like a dummy? Or am I SOL?

when you delete or get rid of the skeleton_female.nif or whatever skeleton and a mod depends on it, the game wont work I've had this happen trust me...the reason why the game works when you get rid of the custom body/armor that had bounce to it is because its not relying on the skeleton file, so you'll need to reinstall the skeleton.

here is a skeleton that will bring back the skeleton_female.nif its my recommended of course there's other ones out there.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/26800/?

you can get a skeleton nif. from plenty of custom skeletons like XPMS Skeleton which is probably the best one but you should use a mod manager   it's more organized and it automatically backs up your files but you should always back it up anyways haha and get FNIS(Fores New Idles in Skyrim) too if you don't have it since you said something about animations.

Thanks for the replies. I haven't tried replacing the skeleton yet but I got this from my error log. Can somebody tell me what it means in English?

[12/08/2014 - 04:15:20PM] Papyrus log opened (PC)
[12/08/2014 - 04:15:20PM] Update budget: 1.200000ms (Extra tasklet budget: 1.200000ms, Load screen budget: 2000.000000ms)
[12/08/2014 - 04:15:20PM] Memory page: 128 (min) 512 (max) 76800 (max total)
[12/08/2014 - 04:15:37PM] VM is freezing...
[12/08/2014 - 04:15:37PM] VM is frozen
[12/08/2014 - 04:15:38PM] Reverting game...

Archived