Armor glows like the sun when in shade

Toof

I downloaded and installed an armor-mod called ''Oblivion chain-mail''.

It looks great, I love to put characters in skimpy outfits, like probably the rest of you.

But,

When in shade or behind a wall or an object the armor glows, as if it was still reflecting the sun off it.

I have 0 experience in modding, so I have no idea why this happens. Is it because of my lighting mod (ELFX)? Or is this fixable by nifskope or other such programs?

I guess the easiest solution would just be to change my armor, but that would be just ignoring it and where is the fun in that? ;)

post-638816-0-25005900-1417469339_thumb.jpg

post-638816-0-27890900-1417469344_thumb.jpg

Looks like I got lost on my way out. I mean because normally I'm not active in this section.

Anyways, although I haven't got any clue how Skyrim Nifs actually work, my first thought is whoever has converted this armor might have messed up the mesh's emissive colour material property. It's something you can easily fix yourself if you have NifSkope installed.

post-14322-0-55554700-1417470634_thumb.jpg

Simply open the cuirass Nif (or the full armor if it's a one-piece outfit), expand the cuirass branch and click on the little palette icon to bring up the material property palette. Check if the emissive colour in the lower right corner is at minimum. With such a glow effect it's probably higher than zero. If so, simply move this slider to the minimum setting, save the Nif and you're done.

Like I said, as I'm not familiar with Skyrim meshes this effect might be caused by something else, but the above is worth a try.

Try to flip normals in nifskope (right click on mesh, select mesh option, then Face Normals in the submenu.

If it doesn't work, also try flip normals and smooth normal in the same submenu.

Flipping normals results in the glow appearing on the back rather than the front

Neither face nor smooth normals worked.

post-638816-0-36619300-1417503999_thumb.jpg

post-638816-0-06664300-1417504007_thumb.jpg

Looks like I got lost on my way out. I mean because normally I'm not active in this section.

Anyways, although I haven't got any clue how Skyrim Nifs actually work, my first thought is whoever has converted this armor might have messed up the mesh's emissive colour material property. It's something you can easily fix yourself if you have NifSkope installed.

attachicon.gifNifSkopeMaterialPropertyEmissiveColour.jpg

Simply open the cuirass Nif (or the full armor if it's a one-piece outfit), expand the cuirass branch and click on the little palette icon to bring up the material property palette. Check if the emissive colour in the lower right corner is at minimum. With such a glow effect it's probably higher than zero. If so, simply move this slider to the minimum setting, save the Nif and you're done.

Like I said, as I'm not familiar with Skyrim meshes this effect might be caused by something else, but the above is worth a try.

There are multiple armor_x.nifs (I didn't touch armorgo, because it looked different from 1 and 0)

It seems like your nifskope version is different than mine, but there was no palette icon. I did find a Emissive Color selection in 'BSLightingShaderProperty' cuirass branch in the block details tab. It was set to black (#00000) in both of the armor nifs.

post-638816-0-12496200-1417504438_thumb.png

post-638816-0-00761200-1417504654_thumb.png

Try This..?

asdasdasdasdasd.png

#ffffff=1 1 1 ...

the_go.nif is the world model.. it has nothing to do with that...

There must be something I am doing wrong, this didn't help at all. It still reflects the sun when it shouldn't. I tried un- and reinstalling my lighting mods and this armor mod, and doing all these steps again, nothing worked.

There was a thread here in Lovers Lab and someone posted a megaupload link.

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/21287-what-mod-is-this-vi/page-320

Very bottom of the page, post by Aleanne

Set the flags of the NiAlphaProperty associated with the NiTriShape named UpperBody:001:1 (the breastplate piece) from 4845 to 4844. Do it for the _0 and _1 meshes. I think that only the _1 mesh matters for this purpose, but better be sure. It worked for me.

Set the flags of the NiAlphaProperty associated with the NiTriShape named UpperBody:001:1 (the breastplate piece) from 4845 to 4844. Do it for the _0 and _1 meshes. I think that only the _1 mesh matters for this purpose, but better be sure. It worked for me.

And there it is ladies and gentlemen. This worked! I didn't notice you replied to my thread earlier.

Thank you so much! Now I can get back to exhibiting my character's scantily clad body around the northern parts of Tamriel.

And there it is ladies and gentlemen. This worked! I didn't notice you replied to my thread earlier.

Thank you so much! Now I can get back to exhibiting my character's scantily clad body around the northern parts of Tamriel.

Justice has been done.

Archived