Help installing Wrye Bash...

Dreamer102

Greetings,

I've tried installing this supposed utility so that I can recover/fix my 86-hour savegame and not have to start a new character again (3rd time crashing at 86-94 hours in-game...grrr). I don't know if it's a mod that is dying everytime it gets around this point or if it's my pc hardware. I can run the game loaded down with mods without lag, error or issue until it gets to 86-94 hours in-game, then it just lags and starts to crash. With every crash it gives me less and less time in-game until it I get to crashing at 10 seconds in-game consistently.

I heard that Wrye Bash has utilities that can fix your savegame bloat and/or fix any mod conflicts you have, however...I cannot get this thing installed for the life of me. I've tried it 5 times and something is always wrong with that damnable Python system that keeps WRYe from starting.

Does anyone have a guide or packaged installer that I can use to get this installed in my system so that I can play Oblivion again?

:-\

Thanks,

Dm

That's weird. When I tried the installer version from tesnexus, it said I didn't have any of the python requirements then proceeded to hassle me to give the installer the location for all 5 missing python components. Since there was no documentation with the installer, I killed its process, deleted the installer, punched the computer and went to bed.

I will have to try it again and see if it works after bypassing all the stupid prompts for the stinking python software.

Archived