Playable Flame Atronach? I think yes.

View File

Like flame atronachs? good. like the way they look? good. wanna play as one? good.

Well step right up sir or madam this mod lets you play as a flame atronachs with humanoid animations!

May it might not look perfect with the messed up meshes being converted to work with these animations, the neck, pelvis, spine 1, 2. and 3 being sucked in so she looks strange in the front but from the back she looks fine..

The hands however looks really odd. but if you play in first person it probably wont bother you that much, but still.

Please note that even tho you are literally covered in fire you will still get hurt by fire that isnt magic based, like oil traps dragon fire breath and environment fire.

You can wear head gear but some may show clipping, boots and gloves that covers more than the hands and feet might look nice well the others wont.

You can try it out if you want and please tell me how much you like/dislike it.

Stats:

Firebolt starting spell and also unarmed attacks have fire touch spells attached to em so everything you hit will be set on fire, it may cause problems with brawls tho.. So heads up!

Abflameatronach - Fire resist 100% magic based only, Weakness to frost 33%, Firetrail doesnt seem to work, Flame cloak 3p damage, and Waterbreathing for gameplay reasons.

Destrustion - 10

Archery - 5

One handed -5

Enchanting - 5

Sneak - 5

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    11/30/2014
  • Category
  • Requires
  • Special Edition Compatible

Thanks for creating the mod it works well and looks very nice.

One problem though, the atronach characters looked fine as the male sex but I had trouble when I switched to female, it forced the model to have hair (which you could not change the color of) and eyes (which creepily floated in a sea of flame sans eyelids) for me. I don't know if its just a problem with my mod set, or if others are having the same issue but I figured I would bring it up. I can live with the sex being male but it will throw off some quests and mods.

Thanks again for the great mod.

Thanks for creating the mod it works well and looks very nice.

One problem though, the atronach characters looked fine as the male sex but I had trouble when I switched to female, it forced the model to have hair (which you could not change the color of) and eyes (which creepily floated in a sea of flame sans eyelids) for me. I don't know if its just a problem with my mod set, or if others are having the same issue but I figured I would bring it up. I can live with the sex being male but it will throw off some quests and mods.

Thanks again for the great mod.

Not to mention that many of SL mods are female-oriented, Beastess being one of many. The idea is sound though, I must say. Certainly better lore-wise than having Time Lords and Draenei in Skyrim. Not that I am complaining about them, but they are very lore-questioning compared to atronachs, who are already there.

A question, though: Will being a fire atronach mean that you cannot heal yourself? As we are all very much aware, atronachs and automatoi cannot be healed by any known spell. Would this also affect you? I hope not. Not that *I* have need for healing spells(wearing heaviest armor available, enchanted with so much spells that I can take on a legendary dragon with Drain Vitality and be unharmed by it), but in Cidhna mine (if I don't have Secret Helper from Apocrypha for me to carry that armor) I could use healing spells somewhat.

I have just confirmed it: changing into a fire atronach on an existing save causes a CTD(for me, at least). Haven't tried on a new game, but I imagine that the effect would probably be the same.

As for your previous sentence: I am not using a script that prevents me from healing myself. I simply meant that if I play as this atronach you made it could be a bit difficult if I play Cidhna mine and am unable to heal myself(well, beyond using Become Ethereal empowered by meditating with Paarthurnax on Feim). And on the point of that armor, even if I *am* using that armor, I am only very hard to kill. That does not make me immortal in any way. If I jump from the bridge connecting College with Winterhold, even when wearing that armor I would be dead. Become Ethereal is the only legit way to survive that fall. Or jumping into the water, whichever you prefer more.

Hmmmm... no, I haven't. :facebook: Because flame atronach isn't like "ordinary" race, I suppose I would get a CTD because my Draenei is closer to other races than an atronach is. I should have realized it. Though I was wearing only clothes and boots, they were rather skimpy thanks to a mod I have(can't say which one, because knowing exactly what 164 mods do isn't easy). Will do some testing, and let you know what happens.

Hmmmmmmm... I still can't get it to work, clothes or not.

@asenasen: It appears that you managed to make it work for you. What did you do to make it work?

Sorry for the super late response. I didn't do much though, I just installed the mod and throw it at the bottom of my load order.

My skeleton: xpms Extend

My body mod: UNP (I don't think it matters)

Hope that helps fixing your issue.

Well all i did was took the default female skeleton and added a couple bones in it like weaponsword left dagger left  axe left mace left shield back staff left staff.. could that be the problem. or could be the fx fire effect someone untagged the option in tes5edit and it worked for them, dont know how.

No, still doesn't work for me. I place it at the very bottom of active mods, run FNIS(just in case), install it correctly and still can't get it to work. Though I *am* using CBBE instead of UNP, and that *could* be the reason why I'm having problems playing as an atronach, because I don't think that they were made to have as huge tits as CBBE gives you. Just a theory, but a sound one nevertheless.

The minute I saw this mod I decided to give a try because I loved the idea, if I dare say so myself. I wanted to give proper feedback but then I got lazy while changing the screenshot format to make it faster to upload and view them so I wrote everything I needed to say on each screenshot. I do apologize for that.

One thing to mention that I did not write about it much on the screenshot. The hair was from the Elin Race, so I THINK if I deactivated it, I won't see any hair available during the character creation. Oh yeah, I could not change the color too.

Thank you for this mod. I hope you'll be able to keep the good work! Let us know if you need something to try out if that will help in fixing this.

post-284228-0-60497400-1417831943_thumb.jpg

post-284228-0-33955700-1417831948_thumb.jpg

post-284228-0-46671100-1417831952_thumb.jpg

post-284228-0-56714400-1417831959_thumb.jpg

post-284228-0-82628000-1417831963_thumb.jpg

How on earth did the fire trail work for you? i didn't even show up in the active effect list for me nor did it animate on the ground. the issues with the glove part is that i cut off part of the arm that is the length of gloves that covers the hands and wrist it can be easily fixed but cutting off just the hand part and the hand armor part.

The active debuffs are just the way the creatures ability are. they can possibility be marked as normal effects but i am not sure how to do that yet

The hair issue is a funny one yet pretty annoying it happens to races that dont have any hair attached in their morph list thingy, not sure how to fix that it happened to me alot with these types of races

How on earth did the fire trail work for you? i didn't even show up in the active effect list for me nor did it animate on the ground. the issues with the glove part is that i cut off part of the arm that is the length of gloves that covers the hands and wrist it can be easily fixed but cutting off just the hand part and the hand armor part.

The active debuffs are just the way the creatures ability are. they can possibility be marked as normal effects but i am not sure how to do that yet

The hair issue is a funny one yet pretty annoying it happens to races that dont have any hair attached in their morph list thingy, not sure how to fix that it happened to me alot with these types of races

Not sure regarding the fire trail to be honest. The only mod I have that affects creatures (Fire Atronach included) in any way is "More Nasty Creatures" ( http://www.loverslab.com/topic/32953-more-nasty-critters/) but I don't think it is the reason? Can't tell as I'm not a modder myself.

I do agree with you, the hair part IS funny. Now, if only I could change the color to like redish orange, it might be cool.

• 4 weeks later...

This may be silly to ask, but does this race use it's own skeleton and/or mesh? Or does it actually use your default resources? eg, will the XP32 skeleton and bodyslide-generated bodies work for it? Because that would be absolutely incredible!