Character Creation Mods

Myst42

Greetings everyone

I've had both Fallouts for some time now, but they were gathering a bit of dust cause I need to get in the mood of getting the proper mod installment.

Now with New GPU I realize now better stuff is gonna run and it's finally time to start playing seriously

But I need muh pretty main char, or at least a way to make pretty characters again

Going thought Nexus is a contribution, I can see the "most endorsed/downloaded" cosmetic mods to get a general idea

But the whole point of LL is being able to get to the juicy mods, those which are forbidden on Nexus, like hairstyles ripped from the Sims for example

So I ask:

First:

Is there a way I could at least recreate my main character from TES and other places using Fallout mods?

Random pic so you get the idea

2125204-1379767623.jpg

Consider mostly hair, eyes and facial features

Requesting info on both games (FO and FNV)

If said hair does not exist, then how hard would it be to port it from Oblivion or Skyrim?

If recreation is impossible, then just point me to where are the goodies to make pretty characters and I'll have to excuse my main for participating in this adventure and make a new char instead...

Thank you guys

Have a wonderful week!

Guest endgameaddiction

To be able to create your character for Fallout will involve some dreadful work.

I don't play Oblivion, but that looks like a custom elf race. Even with Moonshadow, I don't think you can get anything near the results. I'm not familiar with Construction Set for Oblivion, but I would think that the mechanics behind that and GECK are alike, but different in ways because of complete different games. So the hex codes on your character, it might not be setup the same way it works for GECK and the way savegame identifies it. You could try for something unique with Moonshadow, there is also the CW Doll Race that has elf like headmesh and ears. Otherwise you'll have to swallow that pride and join the Fallout hume class.

The hair would involve work too, but none of either one (race and hair) is impossible as you've seen conversion and ports. You will find some some Oblivion armors from Wasteland Cloth Collection.

Hmm I think the FNV Moonshadow Race  might get you the closest for FNV.

Seeing as it's the same race from where I started editing in Oblivion, that could work...

Just need to see if the head's UV maps are the same to change face textures for mine

To be able to create your character for Fallout will involve some dreadful work.

I don't play Oblivion, but that looks like a custom elf race. Even with Moonshadow, I don't think you can get anything near the results. I'm not familiar with Construction Set for Oblivion, but I would think that the mechanics behind that and GECK are alike, but different in ways because of complete different games. So the hex codes on your character, it might not be setup the same way it works for GECK and the way savegame identifies it. You could try for something unique with Moonshadow, there is also the CW Doll Race that has elf like headmesh and ears. Otherwise you'll have to swallow that pride and join the Fallout hume class.

The hair would involve work too, but none of either one (race and hair) is impossible as you've seen conversion and ports. You will find some some Oblivion armors from Wasteland Cloth Collection

Well, for TES I used mostly the available chargens... in Skyrim you can manually edit vertices with ECE so that's a bonus

For Oblivion, it may have a a bit of CS involved but not much... GECK has face editor right? If there's a way to edit a face which will later belong to your char, it's all that's needed

I know... the pride... too cocky right?  :lol:

But I have faith in me... Seeing Moonshadow Race for FNV gives me a bit of hope

It seems for FO3 I got nothing right? If new char has to be, then new char it is... Still would like to attempt something unique though (Nice Sims hairs for FO3 anyone??)

Regarding porting... My Blender knowledges remember one can port nif files, and re-rig them as desired for another skeleton... no idea how that dismembering option works though

But hair is also different. In Oblivion it's not rigged, it's not even above the head, it's just a static mesh with transform files to make it longer or adjust to the head shape... It's also harder to make cause you need to copy mesh data into a working hair... Plus it's messy cause blender screws up with the alpha maps

But I know it can be done... just not sure what I need to know before attempting the conversion

Guest endgameaddiction

Not true. Fallout 3 and New New Vegas are basically the same. New Vegas is just a step above and has much more scripting because FO3's engine was very problematic. For me I have better stability on FO3 than FNV, but the good side about both is assets are interchangeable. It's 100% to port your character from one or the other. If you have both you can always install Tale of Two Wasteland which allows you to go to both. it basically makes Fallout 3 a mod. Repacking all of FO3 assets into New Vegas's engine. The good side about that is that it makes Fallout 3 look better since New Vegas slightly has better graphics. It's still in the WIP stage so, bugs and glitches are bound to be noticed.

We also have the FaceGen in GECK. I believe Oblivion has as well for the Construction Set. If it's the same, then you know how irritating it is playing with digital clay.

Some useful programs and scripts you'll need to keep your game nice and steady (hopefully).

NTCore 4GB or these

Stutter Remover

NVAC

There's a stutter remover for FO3 as well. There's also the unofficial patches for FO3 on Nexus, though to me it seems to cause more rather than fix, but that's me.

Seeing as it's the same race from where I started editing in Oblivion, that could work...

Just need to see if the head's UV maps are the same to change face textures for mine

The FNV Moonshadow Race I linked uses a version of Oblivion's Head06. You can also check zzjay's port of Head06.

Transferring faces is possible, and the Fallout engine accepts the hexcode facial data from an oblivion face.

However, the Fallout engine uses LESS of the data than Oblivion did so a direct copy will be close, but not exact.

Archived