Grey/discolored faces

zaraia

Wäre nett wenn ihr die allgemein gültige Forumetikette einhalten würdet.
Dies ist ein englisch sprachiges Forum, also sollte englisch die Sprache der Wahl sein und falls sich deutsch nicht vermeiden lässt, einfach eine Maschinenübersetzung anhängen, da andere vielleicht das selbe Problem haben/haben werden und an einer Lösung dessen interessiert sind.

Wäre nett wenn ihr die allgemein gültige Forumetikette einhalten würdet.

Dies ist ein englisch sprachiges Forum, also sollte englisch die Sprache der Wahl sein und falls sich deutsch nicht vermeiden lässt, einfach eine Maschinenübersetzung anhängen, da andere vielleicht das selbe Problem haben/haben werden und an einer Lösung dessen interessiert sind.

sorry!

when I was here on LL member I did not even know that there ever was such translation programs. to me a friendly human being I have pointed out always posted on German and almost all have accepted it. Here in this case has a German user asked me for help and I've told him German and generally everyone who wants to read the text can sometimes use the translator. I have to use the text in any translators, and I also do not break my jag from the crown when I do that!

german \ deutsch !

entschuldigung !

als ich hier auf LL mitglied wurde wußte ich nicht einmal das es solche übersetzungs programme überhaupt gab . bis mich ein freundlicher mensch darauf hinwies habe ich immer auf deutsch gepostet und fast alle haben es akzeptiert . hier in diesem fall hat mich ein deutscher nutzer um hilfe gebeten und da habe ich ihm deutsch geantwortet und überhaupt kann jeder der den text lesen möchte auch mal den übersetzer verwenden . ich muß bei jeden text den übersetzer verwenden und ich breche mir auch keinen zacken aus der krone wenn ich das tue !

Scharesoft (german forum) advised to target the grey-faced actor via console and type setscale 1. They claim that this fixes the problem. Haven't tried it myself yet though.

Go to your SkyrimPrefs ini file change this fShadowBiasScale = whatever number has. Got rid of my shadow problems

fShadowBiasScale = 2

original

fShadowBiasScale = 0.1500

• 11 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I realize this is an old topic, but I have a solution.. Or at least what worked for me.  

I encountered this problem when installing hair, and body replacing mods.  After fixing my load order the problem went away for every race except Nord Females.  I found that the issue was a conflict between the Head Dirt, Head Tattoo, Head War Paint (Face Tint Layers) for Nord Female NPCs (Actors).  So far the only way I have found to fix it is to modify each individual NPC Actor in the Creation Kit by moving the *Interpolation Value* slider all the way to the right to *1, for each Head Dirt, Head Tattoo, and Head War Paint (dds) listed for that Actor.  I have attached an image to show the screen in the Creation Kit where this is found.  When you are finished editing you will need to save a new *.esp* file.  Also when first opening CK, I only activated the Skyrim.esm, and Update.esm.  I hope this helps anyone that is having this issue.  Also if someone has figured out how to fix this on a Macro level instead of fixing each individual NPC, please let me know.  Thanks! 

post-1325393-0-36311300-1471485225_thumb.jpg

• 7 months later...

I'm sorry to necro this topic, but....

I had a HD meltdown, had to reinstall Skyrim, had to reacquire all my mods.

In the process of reacquiring goodies like SL and so on, I came across a couple of new mods and downloaded those.  One of them requires RaceMenu, which I'd never actually used before.  I still don't "use" it, I just have it in the load order so that the mod in question will work.

EVERY vanilla character in the game has the gray-face bug.

Yes indeed, you read that right.  The ONLY characters that do NOT have it, are Kedris (my personal Khajiit male) and the NPCs added by Populated Cities.  Even the player has it!

I never, ever, had this issue before.

Here's my load order:

Skyrim, Update, HF, DG, DB, HiRes 1, 2, 3

USLEEP

XPMSE (latest, see above, had to re-get everything)

dD RealisticRagdolls

SOS Core, SOS esp, SoS VectorPlexus Regular

SexLab, Zaz

SLA, SLAC

Dangerously Nude

SLKidnapped

PuppetMaster

HorsePenis

Straponbyaeon

Amputator

skyTEST Realistic Animals & Predators

DCO

Dogs of Skyrim, Quieter Dogs

Populated Cities

Paarthurnax Dilemma

Cutting Room Floor

Destroy the Thieves Guild

Improved Helmets Legendary

AutoUnequip Ammo

iNeed

RaceMenu & RaceMenu Plugin

FNIS

AllaKedris (That's the custom follower, plus a retexture of vanilla bodies, hands, faces, and feet)

SkyUI

Before anyone points out that omgz u changed vanilla texturez -- Yes, I did.  And I never had the bug, period.  It's new as of Friday.  The bug WAS NOT present until then. 

The only thing that changed was that  I installed Amputator, which needs RaceMenu, so I then installed RaceMenu.

I don't use ENB of any kind, I don't use lighting or other environment mods.

Amputator Framework itself did *not* cause this -- the faces were fine, though the mod didn't work until I re-read the requirements and added RaceMenu.  Even XPMSE worked fine without RaceMenu.

How can I fix this?  I absolutely refuse to wander Skyrim opening the console and setting NPC weight to 1.  There has to be a real fix for this.

If the issue is caused by RM itself, then I can go try to get advice in that mod's own thread on Nexus, but I need to know if that's the case, first.

If it's something else and the RM thing was just coincidental, then how do I fix this?

Somebody pleeease help, this is the most annoying thing I've had happen other than the damned hard drive crash itself.

• 1 year later...

Archived