Hidden Amulets

Fenwood

So, Amulets appear to be missing from all females in the game... I am trying to ascertain the issue, and potentially locate a fix. If you have had a similar issue with a modded game, let me know.

At first, I searched all my mods, and the only ones that appear to alter amulet files are:

-Complete Crafting Overhaul

-Static Mesh Improvement Mod

I made sure they were in the correct order, but no result. considering that is female only, another option is body mods, I use:

-CBBE-base "I Love Cleavage"

Don't beleive it is armor mods, as problem persists when naked. Also, recently, I realized that I can suddenly equip multiple amulets. This functionality was not a primary focus of any mods that I installed.. So part of me wonders if there is a glitch between amulets and the "bones" in which they align with. (Modding older games for instance, one might sacrifice the "Tail" slot to make wings, etc.) So another option is:

-Groovtama's XPMSE

Additionally, I have read most of the mods I installed in detail with the exception of those taken from the "STEP" Guide (2.2.9), which I followed until about step 2.E then went my own way, more sparsely cherry picking mods from it that I found interesting, and filling in the gaps with ones more suited ot my preference.

Once again. Any ideas would be appreciated. These are my best guesses as to the culprit, but if you are aware of mods that hide amulets without expressly being the "Hide Amulet" mods, feel free to throw them out, and I'll compare. It would be silly to throw out all 220 some odd mods to make a big list nobody wants to read. :\

Thanks.

Have you tried loading up a amulet.nif file with you reference body in Outfit Studio to see if it even can show up on your character?

Hmm, nope. Let me give that a try..

Edit: Tried to load up amulets with the CBBE body, Amulets appear, but like 2 feet (If considering a real life reference) beneath the character... Which seems very odd...

Have you tried loading up a amulet.nif file with you reference body in Outfit Studio to see if it even can show up on your character?

Hmm, nope. Let me give that a try..

Edit: Tried to load up amulets with the CBBE body, Amulets appear, but like 2 feet (If considering a real life reference) beneath the character... Which seems very odd...

Equip an amulet on your character type in console tfc and see if the amulet is hanging below your character and this is all amulets including like maras and talos's amulet?

stop stop stop, which race do you use for your character? this problem I have also, when I play with of a custom race!
when I for example with "Moonshadow Elves" games, then appear no amulets (modded). amulets have their own slot and vanilla races,

all amulets should be displayed. except this slot will be of a "armor part" occupies!

stop stop stop, which race do you use for your character? this problem I have also, when I play with of a custom race!

when I for example with "Moonshadow Elves" games, then appear no amulets (modded). amulets have their own slot and vanilla races,

all amulets should be displayed. except this slot will be of a "armor part" occupies!

Argonian Female.

Equip an amulet on your character type in console tfc and see if the amulet is hanging below your character and this is all amulets including like maras and talos's amulet?

Will give it a go... just got the morning routine done.

Edit: It does not. But an Intriguing Revelation! I opened up showracemenu and switched race to Breton, and an amulet appeared... This is my mistake, as I assumed that the issue was with all females, but I had been unable to find an amulet on others.. could be they were carrying but not equipped, on the ones where i founf it.

This means that the problem is potentiall associated with an argonian-based mod:

-HD Argonian Warpaints (Unlikely)

-Argonian CBBE Skin Texture (Unlikely)

-Beast Tints (Unlikely) [These are HD stripe textures for Khajiit, that I happen to overlay on my Argonian to assist with my "Prismatic Mottled" Look.

-Horns are Forever (Perhaps swaps Horns to use the amulet slot to allow for visibility when helments are equipped?)

-Grimoas Plantigrade Feet for Beast Races

-Argonian Fins

-Argonian Improvements - Horns

-Argonian Females Refined

-Bigger Argonian Tails

Hmm, my guess is "Horns are Forever"... I'll test, but if thats the case, that will suck, As I like that mod...

Edit 2 : Horns are Forever is NOT the cause of the issue....

Edit 3: NOR is it: Argonian Females Refined, Bigger Argonian Tails, Grimoas Platigrade Feet...

Edit 4: It is NOT: Agonian Improvements - Horns, Argonian Fins, or HD Argonian Warpaints Either...

Dammit.

Note: Amulets do work for Khajiit.

Other Idea: Race Menu allows for 15 overlays, My argonian, due to me wanting prismatic scales, has 15/15 overlays.. could that be the issue? I think no, but can't be 100% Sure.

If I'm not mistaken, amulets occupy Biped Slot 35 of the partition list. Make sure you do not have anything occupying that slot, otherwise the amulet will not show.

To test, un-equip all items in-game. Then wear only the amulet. If the amulet shows, start equipping each item one-by-one to see which on is causing the clash. If the amulet is not visible nude/naked, then either amulets are toggled off for beast races (through an .esp change or by default), or something on the naked body is occupying the amulet slot.

If I'm not mistaken, amulets occupy Biped Slot 35 of the partition list. Make sure you do not have anything occupying that slot, otherwise the amulet will not show.

To test, un-equip all items in-game. Then wear only the amulet. If the amulet shows, start equipping each item one-by-one to see which on is causing the clash. If the amulet is not visible nude/naked, then either amulets are toggled off for beast races (through an .esp change or by default), or something on the naked body is occupying the amulet slot.

No luck even when completely naked.

But there was an issue where the Wearble latern got stuck and qouldn't unequip, so i disabled that. Still no results.

Additionally, since amulets will appear if I change my race to Khajiit, I am unsure what parts an Argonian may have that a Khajiit does not.

Try swapping between genders using the "sexchange" command. And see if male Argonians are also affected.

If it's not a .nif or item equip issue, the only thing I can think of, is that the jewelry's Armor-Addon in the .esp doesn't have Argonian's toggled--whichever .esp that may be (if you have any jewelry overhaul mods, that may be the cause, otherwise, your vanilla .esm needs an .esp patch to correct it).

Try swapping between genders using the "sexchange" command. And see if male Argonians are also affected.

If it's not a .nif or item equip issue, the only thing I can think of, is that the jewelry's Armor-Addon in the .esp doesn't have Argonian's toggled--whichever .esp that may be (if you have any jewelry overhaul mods, that may be the cause, otherwise, your vanilla .esm needs an .esp patch to correct it).

Yep, male argonians are also affected, it would seem my initial idea of the situation was wrong, as i had not run into a male argonian with a pendant, yet (If there is even one in game)

What "have" all other races and Argonian not?

the ears, Argonian have no ears, I know this does not belong here. but maybe Causes precisely these problems.

Not at all, this is precisely a line of thought that I was looking for that I did not consider.

So.. only Argonians are affected. Meaning:

A) If a mod of mine changed amulets, they forgot to make them visible on Argonians.

B ) For compatibility purposes, a mod might have shifted amulets to an "Ear" slot (if it exists), forgetting that ears don't display for argonians.

For some reason I don't believe it is a Vanilla issue, as it is patched fully with both official and unofficial... and I would think that after 3 years, someone would have noticed.

Edit: NOT XP32MSE...

Archived