Is there a mod like Chain Beast in Oblivion?

Yamamaya

• 2 weeks later...

Well it is not like, that it has to be sitting around. The fun part of that mod was getting caught by them and then walked like that. It could very well be used as mode of transportation for other slavery mods for example. Maybe an underground slavery market, that gets their slaves like that from whole skyrim? There are lots of possibilities and you always can add some functions to them too and such.

Honestly, Chain Beasts were what stopped me finishing that Oblivion parasite armor mod, simply because of that bit where you constantly get caught by them. Excessive amounts of waiting is not fun for me.

This seems to be a recurring problem. This is why I wish that more sexlab mods require active participation on the player's part, at least when it seems appropriate.

This is also what tends to keep me away from player slave mods, takes way too much patience for a 'reward' that requires even more patience.

Heh, yeah, I know what you mean. And that almost all slavery mods only seem to consist out of "wait until you get fucked and then wait until you get fucked some more" doesn't help the exitement either, but that's another story.

Anyway, as I already said: When the chainbeasts will get used as mode of transportation or collecting, leading to something else, then it would be great, now wouldn't it?

• 3 months later...

any chance someone could convert the nifs to skyrim then remake the mod to skyrim ? have 1 in each city and 1 in the mage guild im sure oblivion had it so when you do a crime in the city the gaurds put you in jail and then you blacked out to be on the floor near the seating area passed out so the uchain would grab you then cart you to the seat

With all the things one can do  in Skyrim now , it wouldn't be too hard to replicate the Uchain beasts in skyrim , Possible to make it even better maybe who knows 

Chain Beasts and the original playerslave is what probably got me into oblivion modding :s 

Cheers 

One of my favorite Oblivion mods. That mod is just so awesome. I really hope someone will create something similair in skyrim, perhaps Dwemer themed? :D

maybe a bigger version of dwemer spider using arachnaphobia mod for the webbing to drag the people to the chairs

I would like to see a Dwemer version for Skyrim, one that would prey on Falmer as well as adventurers.

Perhaps the back story could be that these Dwemer "chain beasts" were actually exo-skeletons. The Dwemer initially designed these exo-skeletons to be used for work or battle but when they started to take on Snow Elf refugees the Dwemer decided to re-purpose them.

These exo-skeletons were given an "intelligence" similar to other Dwemer Animuncli, tasked with seeking out unruly refugees to subdue them. The exo-skeletons would subdue their targets by forcibly attaching themselves to their target and then send out a shock to weaken them. The exos would then, by force, herd their targets to either a holding cell or some other room for punishment. I guess just blinding the Snow Elves that sought refuge with the Dwemer wasn't enough.

For a quest, the player could hear about a new Dwemer ruin discovered in some caves only to hear the archeologists haven't been heard from in while. Being the curious adventurer the player decides to investigate. As usual the player finds the archeologists dead and decides to investigate further, only to find an interesting Dwemer contraption further in. The player would then unwittingly activate the exo-skeleton and in turn, it would attack the player and latch on to them, forcing them to their hands and knees and shocking them.

I should note the exo-skeleton isn't working properly, having been slightly damaged. Otherwise it would drag the player off to a cell and forever hold them there.

At this point the exo-skeleton would attempt to drive the hapless player to a punishment chamber. After a while it would release control to the player but still be attached to them. The player could come across information that a Control Staff would be needed to remove and shut off the exo-skeleton. The player would find such a staff in the same ruin but unfortunately it's damaged and won't work.

Que the quest that'll take the player to other Dwemer ruins across Skyrim to find parts to create a working Control Staff. It doesn't have to be all new ruings, perhaps just new areas in vanilla ruins. While wondering around Skyrim the player may randomly subjected to the exo-skeleton's control/abuse. Also while exploring Dwemer ruins for parts the exo-skeleton may take control and drag the player off to other punishment chambers.

I had to post this concept otherwise it would fester in my mind, bugging the crap out of me :)

I would like to see a Dwemer version for Skyrim, one that would prey on Falmer as well as adventurers.

Perhaps the back story could be that these Dwemer "chain beasts" were actually exo-skeletons. The Dwemer initially designed these exo-skeletons to be used for work or battle but when they started to take on Snow Elf refugees the Dwemer decided to re-purpose them.

These exo-skeletons were given an "intelligence" similar to other Dwemer Animuncli, tasked with seeking out unruly refugees to subdue them. The exo-skeletons would subdue their targets by forcibly attaching themselves to their target and then send out a shock to weaken them. The exos would then, by force, herd their targets to either a holding cell or some other room for punishment. I guess just blinding the Snow Elves that sought refuge with the Dwemer wasn't enough.

For a quest, the player could hear about a new Dwemer ruin discovered in some caves only to hear the archeologists haven't been heard from in while. Being the curious adventurer the player decides to investigate. As usual the player finds the archeologists dead and decides to investigate further, only to find an interesting Dwemer contraption further in. The player would then unwittingly activate the exo-skeleton and in turn, it would attack the player and latch on to them, forcing them to their hands and knees and shocking them.

I should note the exo-skeleton isn't working properly, having been slightly damaged. Otherwise it would drag the player off to a cell and forever hold them there.

At this point the exo-skeleton would attempt to drive the hapless player to a punishment chamber. After a while it would release control to the player but still be attached to them. The player could come across information that a Control Staff would be needed to remove and shut off the exo-skeleton. The player would find such a staff in the same ruin but unfortunately it's damaged and won't work.

Que the quest that'll take the player to other Dwemer ruins across Skyrim to find parts to create a working Control Staff. It doesn't have to be all new ruings, perhaps just new areas in vanilla ruins. While wondering around Skyrim the player may randomly subjected to the exo-skeleton's control/abuse. Also while exploring Dwemer ruins for parts the exo-skeleton may take control and drag the player off to other punishment chambers.

I had to post this concept otherwise it would fester in my mind, bugging the crap out of me :)

That's a really cool idea. There are so many possibilities with a Dwemer exo-suit. Is it an ancient exo contraption that's been corrupted by time (soulgem that's gone bad, queue the long quest)? A cursed suit programmed to put the wearer through several trials, finally seeking revenge on the falmer? A modern device in disguise, laid out in a ruin as a trap by some sadistic slave master?

Disclaimer - these are suggestions of things I'd likely enjoy in a similar mod made for Skyrim. I wish I was a better programmer, had more time to devote to modding, and/or was able to do animations/modeling worth a damn. Instead, all I have is a chunk of free change and a willingness to spend it and a desire to rant about cool ideas on forums.

Would be neat to have some variations, perhaps - a plant/spriggan, Dwemer exoskeleton, I'm sure Molag Bal would have a number of different variations.

I think the key points for me would be:

a) Interesting combat. It'd be a little boring to me if it was simply 'lose and get caught' or 'get hit and get caught'. Perhaps have them use a projectile attack that slows, and if it hits x number of times within a time period it paralyses? Or Paralyses with a Power Attack, leading to a 'Defeat'-esque struggle (with increasing difficulty for multiple capture attempts within a battle) or a DA-style 'Resistance' bar that is affected by Health, Stamina, and/or Arousal?

Alternatively, perhaps it's not a single 'beast' but a number of smaller pieces that each fight separately, but will combine to capture the player when the situation presents itself.

Ultimately, I'd like to feel slightly afraid if I see one and have to fight it, but not feel like I can't resist - I'd like it to feel dangerous, risky.

As an added bonus, maybe the first spell they cast will be a 'mark and recall' spell that either teleports them near you if you get too far away (or more evilly and possibly bug-ridden) teleports you to them.

B) When the player gets caught, and the beast brings them to the 'punishment' room (or whatever), it'd be nice to both have some variety and have some purpose to the events. Getting dragged back to a falmer cave, strapped to a chair, and forced to watch as chaurus eggs are pumped into any available whole would be so awesome. I'm sure we could all come up with other variations - using them as bounty hunter in the holds (as previously suggested) would be pretty awesome too, or perhaps getting dragged to a spriggan grove and forced to host a seed (starting SD+'s Flowering Spriggan quest, or it's own quest if things get ambitious).

• 2 weeks later...

Archived