Why the heck is this happening? (trying to copy belly bone to unpb body)

So here's what I do:

1. Open Outfit Studio

2. Load the unpb preg mesh as an reference in the "Slider set XML file" section (doesn't matter if _0 or _1)

3. Load the desired body mesh ("Load Outfit") such as femalebody_0.nif (from unpb redux).

4. Don't forget clicking on "unpb_0" in the meshes tab under "new outfit".

5. Go to Bone tab, highlight "NPC Belly" by clicking on it

6. Click on "Shape" and then "Copy Selected Weight".

7. If necessary, adjust the weighting with the brush (you will notice if something looks weird). Since most UNP bodies are pretty similar, most of the time this isn't necessary.

8. File => Export Current. Repeat for the other bodyfile (femalebody_1).

I do this exact process.  For reference I use a UNPB body that has the belly bone weighted for pregancy.  The outfit Im loading is the UNPB redux body.  SO what's happening?  the body I export has gaps at the wrists, feet, and neck, and the breasts suddenly begin sagging.

Why is ALL OF THAT happening when all I'm doing is copying the belly weighting???  I'm losing my damn mind here.  I've tried many different UNPB pregnant bodies as references... just refuses to work.

Were you making sure you weren't getting the body files mixed up and accidentally exporting the _1 into the _0? It takes some practice with the weights but generally it doesn't do what you're having issues with unless you mix up the bodies. Might want to try opening fresh archives and starting over just in case you mixed up the ones you're trying to copy. 

Were you making sure you weren't getting the body files mixed up and accidentally exporting the _1 into the _0? It takes some practice with the weights but generally it doesn't do what you're having issues with unless you mix up the bodies. Might want to try opening fresh archives and starting over just in case you mixed up the ones you're trying to copy. 

Oh trust me, I've opened fresh archives repeatedly.  And every single time like clockwork I make sure to do the _0 body first, then the _1 body - every - single - time.

Every time that it messes up, I delete the exported files and put the UNPB Redux nifs back into the folder.  I've started over more times than I can count at this point.  I'm doing everything as exactly as I can, checking the steps every time I do them, always doing the _0 first, then the _1, both when loading the outfit and when exporting.

THATS why I'm so bewildered that this is happening, because I've done all the basic "make sure you're not messing up something dumb" stuff.

Furthermore, this worked before.  I did this before, and it worked the first time.  Then I did a fresh install and lost the files where I had done it successfully.  As far as I know, I'm doing EXACTLY what I did before, but for some reason this time it's causing gaps and sagging tits.

Then it might be an xml/ or skeleton thing. The slight neck seam is something I battle too because I'm using a different head mesh than default. The squished/sagging bewbs are probably too much weight on your xml (if you had a larger breasted setup before this would definitely happen.) if your xml was meant for larger breasted meshes like cbbe or 7base variant types. It'll have an effect.

What setup are you using? I'm using ragdolls, hdtpe 14.28, the bodies you now have, xpmse 2.14 and the xml that's floating around here that is for smaller breasts (in the hdt forum I think. I can never find that thing)

I'll just give you mine to see if that's what's causing issue...

This is for smaller boob bounce. And has the correct hdt belly setup

hdtPhysicsExtensionsDefaultBBP.xml

I can now verify that BodySlide Outfit Studio is copying bones that I'm not telling it to copy.  I know this because I used the UN7B body as a reference, copied the belly bone, and then in game I saw the stretched out labia that indicates that the vagina bones were present from the UN7B body, which should absolutely not be getting copied over with the belly weighting.

Before I start replacing all sorts of things that might not be involved and that might just cause other problems I have to solve, I need to figure out why the heck outfit studio is doing this.  I'll start by reinstalling it.

did you tried loading your original mesh as reference, select all bone (so everything, without the belly), and selected bone copy?

or loading your failed mesh as reference, and copy pasting it's belly bone onto unmodified mesh?

or copy pasting the belly bone on another mesh? some have some problems

if you load daz demonica tbbp in outfitter, you get that

490793demo.jpg

you can't see that in game, or in niskope, or in blender

whatever the problem is, these programs fix it

but not outfitter

and if you save that mesh with it, now it will look like that in nifskope and in game

Archived