Wasteland 2 Modding

Odessa

here you gonna see some mods

https://forums.inxile-entertainment.com/viewforum.php?f=18

and i will definitely one of this days dismember that game

just soon as i get my paws on mod kit ;)

what armor protection against plasma beam :blink:

Yeah, someone did manage to do a weapon rebalance mod, which is impressive (see spoiler) but I'd like to do some tinkering myself.

As for 'mod kit', you'll never complain about GECK again :P

post-158171-0-66371200-1414540927_thumb.png

I've written python programs to manipulate 'hex' data before, so maybe I could make something easier to use... or maybe I don't have that much spare time ;).

here you gonna see some mods

https://forums.inxile-entertainment.com/viewforum.php?f=18

and i will definitely one of this days dismember that game

just soon as i get my paws on mod kit ;)

what armor protection against plasma beam :blink:

Yeah, someone did manage to do a weapon rebalance mod, which is impressive (see spoiler) but I'd like to do some tinkering myself.

As for 'mod kit', you'll never complain about GECK again :P

attachicon.gifwl2.png

I've written python programs to manipulate 'hex' data before, so maybe I could make something easier to use... or maybe I don't have that much spare time ;).

do whatever you can because i was totally forgot how to use hex editor (last time i was used him it was in fallout 2 time)  ;)

just tried and... o boy how stupid i am :(

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I'd love to see many more mods for that game. It's be the perfect game to be modded.
Hopefully the Mod Kit will be as functional as everybody hopes.
Even texture modding seems to be a pain in the ass right now. Haven't seen any texture mods so far, and getting the game to use custom textures seems kinda complicated, seeing how those selection circle mods out there have to be installed.

Combat definitely has to become more interesting. At least delaying characters in favor of others should have been possible from the start to add more possible tactics.

Also some kind of "if..., then..." assignment would be awesome to crank up tactics. Like "if enemy enters this area (close to the exploding whatever), shoot (execute ambush) the whatever". Now it is basically how much damage can you do in a certain amount of time... :-/
And the game NEEEDS a pause button outside combat ... or some way to initate an encounter yourself instead of the enemy.

But the first thing that needs to be improved is the camera... Zoom in more, change angle freely, etc.

That'll open possibilities to make the cut scenes more interesting... maybe even have a nice crit cam. And of course a better camera control system would be the basis for many interesting mods more native to this place here... ;)

With some better character modelling and better textures you could even get up close and it'd probably still look good(-ish).

So much potential in this game! :D

From today's update -

"In pursuit of this goal, one task we’re working on right now is migrating the Wasteland 2 codebase from the Unity 4.5 engine to Unity 5, which will enable some new possibilities for us. A major benefit of moving to Unity 5 is that 5 will include many of the tools from Unity 4.x Pro. We relied on many of these tools during our development (like creating and building navigation meshes), and they will be available to modders without having to pay thousands of dollars for a Pro Unity license. There is no doubt that this migration will allow us to release better tools for modding to our community in the future."

http://wastelandrpg.tumblr.com/

Archived