Do different hair mods work together?

Trowma

They seem to, in general, yes.  Assuming you mean different packs.  They're just added to the available list (in Racemenu for me, I assume ECE is similar).

I have Cazy's packs, Skyhair and HDT hairs installed at once along with HD Vanilla Hair Textures and More Hair Colours.

Best if you install Racemenu PreCache Killer from Nexus otherwise it tries to cache them all before Racemenu starts, which causes crashes.  ECE may work completely differently and this may all be totally wrong for that.

Then again I may have misunderstood and ECE might be unrelated, I don't quite know what it is but from others' talk it sounds like an alternative to Racemenu.

The hairs appear in the vanilla HAIR slider so they will work with both RM and ECE because they do not alter the vanilla sliders.  Answering the OP's questain, yes, you can use multiple hair mods together, but most of the hair packs are conversion of Sims hairs so there might be duplicates.

Like what jodisslave said, you'll definitely need PreCache Killer.

They seem to, in general, yes.  Assuming you mean different packs.  They're just added to the available list (in Racemenu for me, I assume ECE is similar).

I have Cazy's packs, Skyhair and HDT hairs installed at once along with HD Vanilla Hair Textures and More Hair Colours.

Best if you install Racemenu PreCache Killer from Nexus otherwise it tries to cache them all before Racemenu starts, which causes crashes.  ECE may work completely differently and this may all be totally wrong for that.

Then again I may have misunderstood and ECE might be unrelated, I don't quite know what it is but from others' talk it sounds like an alternative to Racemenu.

Yep it's an alternative to racemenu. And on a side note, I'm surprised you use precache killer with racemenu as crash issue only happens with ECE.

To OP : yes no issue using several packs, I myself have like a lot installed and everything's fine.

Yep it's an alternative to racemenu. And on a side note, I'm surprised you use precache killer with racemenu as crash issue only happens with ECE.

To OP : yes no issue using several packs, I myself have like a lot installed and everything's fine.

That's because Expired had integrated DisableFaceGenCache with RaceMenu as of v2.7.  DisableFaceGenCache was his version of PreCache Killer so using PreCache Killer with RM is redundant. 

PreCache Killer revolutionised my style choices, it definitely works with RM, it may be a different version but what I have installed is called Showracemenu PreCache Killer: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/33526/?

It crashed before starting RM three times out of four without it.

Just noticed credit to Veladarius in the description too.  He is a SkyrimModGod.

That's because Expired had integrated DisableFaceGenCache with RaceMenu as of v2.7.  DisableFaceGenCache was his version of PreCache Killer so using PreCache Killer with RM is redundant. 

I see, I have yet to update it, still on 2.3 or something so PCK relevant, thanks for this info.

I see, I have yet to update it, still on 2.3 or something so PCK relevant, thanks for this info.

OK I see, didn't thought you'd use a deprecated version, that makes sense. :)

Archived