foot(fe)male.dds

hand(fe)male.dds

leg(fe)male.dds

underbody(fe)male.dds

with an optional tail.dds for beast races

Now the more popular body replacers tend to only use some of these;

HGEC uses footfemale.dds for feet, lower body and upperbody

Roberts (male & female) uses foot(fe)male for everything except the head

So are the other textures used at all, the only thing I can think they would be used for is non-replacer armour/clothing, but most people who use a body replacer would also use an appropriate armour and clothing replacer.

The reason I'm asking is that I have a vague plan for using them.

Yes.

HGEC: footfemale and Hand  dds. Robers only one Texture, foot(fe)male

Vanilla Textures are still used if you have vanilla armor/clothes ( some Mods use vanilla bodies for armor and clothes. And some armor/clothes replacer don't have ShiveringIsle and knights of the nine armors/clothes.  Bad if you have a Mod-race with only HGEC or Roberts textures but no vanilla textures. Looks like shit. )

Most common bodies Female=HGEC, Male=Roberts (Lovers use HGEC and male Roberts)

Changing the vanilla Textures is no good idea ( You will always have some vanilla Body clothes/armors in some Mods) but of course you can use them.

Yes.

HGEC: footfemale and Hand  dds. Robers only one Texture, foot(fe)male

Vanilla Textures are still used if you have vanilla armor/clothes ( some Mods use vanilla bodies for armor and clothes. And some armor/clothes replacer don't have ShiveringIsle and knights of the nine armors/clothes.  Bad if you have a Mod-race with only HGEC or Roberts textures but no vanilla textures. Looks like shit. )

Most common bodies Female=HGEC, Male=Roberts (Lovers use HGEC and male Roberts)

Changing the vanilla Textures is no good idea ( You will always have some vanilla Body clothes/armors in some Mods) but of course you can use them.

Thanks for that, I guess another good(ish) idea bites the dust.

Archived