Mod Organizer on WinXP

Mailamea

Ya, XP is pretty much obsolete and supporting it nowadays is a pain in the arse, hence why most programmers drop support for XP to easily integrate new features in their software, some of them not nativly available/supported in XP so they would have to be coded completly from scratch just to support XP.

But SP4 is still worth a try. i got it installed on one of my nostalgia machines but haven't tried MO on it yet as i have no reason to do so but i can tell you, that some software started working on XP again after installing SP4 as some new (actually limited to Win7+) APi calls are by this available under XP. Like getting the latest Firefox working flawless on XP. ;)

Guest Plastrader

And What does "disabled UAC" mean?

UAC = User Account Control

I had no idea m$ had that in WinXP, I thought Windows Vista was the first with that "Can't handle your computer? Let Mr. Gates decide and force you to click 'accept' thirty times before you can access your applications"

I could agree on that if it had some feature or logic which added applications to a "safe list" or something, but no...

Me ranting again...

Im using v1.1.1 for a loong time without any problems.

When I tried using 1.1.1 I know get an error can't read from source file, everything works fine, buts its kinda annoying, every action I do spams me with the message. Everything works fine though.

And What does "disabled UAC" mean?

UAC = User Account Control

I had no idea m$ had that in WinXP, I thought Windows Vista was the first with that "Can't handle your computer? Let Mr. Gates decide and force you to click 'accept' thirty times before you can access your applications"

I could agree on that if it had some feature or logic which added applications to a "safe list" or something, but no...

Me ranting again...

Sorry Sorry i meant run as administrator using windows XP.

I'm using windows 8.1 Enterprise. The XP was for my cousin since i shared my steam skyrim with him via family control and it works wonders, the only problem is he is using XP which is preventing me to launch his skyrim from the mod manager.

Ya, XP is pretty much obsolete and supporting it nowadays is a pain in the arse, hence why most programmers drop support for XP to easily integrate new features in their software, some of them not nativly available/supported in XP so they would have to be coded completly from scratch just to support XP.

But SP4 is still worth a try. i got it installed on one of my nostalgia machines but haven't tried MO on it yet as i have no reason to do so but i can tell you, that some software started working on XP again after installing SP4 as some new (actually limited to Win7+) APi calls are by this available under XP. Like getting the latest Firefox working flawless on XP. ;)

I thought so. Does SP4 finally support DX10? cause even SR4 won't work without dx10.

I thought so. Does SP4 finally support DX10? cause even SR4 won't work without dx10.

No. Sadly there is no DX10 for XP that runs flawless/most games.

But after you installed SP4, grab the latest .NET runtimes and their updates (if available). MO needs them and w/o SP4 you don't get/can't install everything and some of this "everything" might be libraries that conain the full functionality that MO needs.

Archived