(2018-06-05 UPDATE) The Painted Lady *REDONE* - Color Matching Pubic Hairs

followed this step by step installed portable JRE in data/tools folder no "commonfiles" subfolder was created, & ever time i tried to launch javaportablelauncher it gives me a Error msg - "Jportable launcher connot be started. You may wish to reinstall to fix this issue. (ERROR: Jportable [http://portableapps.com/jportable]could not be found)"

im done been wasting hours trying to get this working.

You got the error because the java launcher is hard-coded to find the portable JRE in CommonFiles > Java (folder).  Since no CommonFiles folder was created, did you manually create one and moved the Java folder in it?

As for any errors with the java launcher not starting, try running as Administrator. 

I'll put together a tutorial and upload it with the necessary portable files later today.

EDIT

I'm going to have to postpone this as I need to contact Markdf regarding the patcher.  The patcher works as intended, but it will need an update to fix some unintended outcomes like giving certain dragons and Gen. Tullius pubic hairs.

EDIT 2

Forget  what I said, test the original patcher instead of the update Markdf posted.  Be right back.

Edited by PsychoMachina

Portable Java Runtime Environment + Java JAR Launcher

Portable Java32 and JAR launcher.7z

1- Installation

Extract and copy/paste the main folder (Portable Java32 and JAR launcher) to Skyrim > Data > Tools folder.  NOTE:  Installing in the TOOLS folder is not absolutely necessary, you can place the folder in other places such as the Desktop, root folder, or secondary drive.

2a- Requirements - The Painted Lady UNOProc Patcher

1. The Painted Lady
  2. Markdf's UNOProc...http://www.loverslab.com/topic/38259-2016-august-18-added-link-to-darker-texture-options-the-painted-lady-redone-color-matching-pubic-hairs/?p=1780356

2b- Optional

Ultimate NPC Overhaul...http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/76658

3a- How to Use - The Painted Lady UNOProc Patcher

1. Open the main folder and you see 'CommonFiles' (contains the portable JRE 32-bit) and 'JavaPortableLauncher' (JAR launcher app).  Open the JavaPortableLauncher folder and double-click 'javaportablelauncher.exe'.
  2. A window will pop-up; locate where you have the Painted Lady UNOProc installed.
  3. Select 'UNOProc.jar'.
  4. The patcher GUI will appear.  Click on the Main Settings option (left side) to make any changes that would apply when creating the patch.
  5. When done, click on 'PATCH' (upper right of the GUI).

3b- Creation Kit

1. When the patch is created (named "UNOProc.esp"), start the Creation Kit and select and activate UNOProc.esp.  The purpose is to recreate the facegen for the NPCs that was modified by the Painted Lady UNOProc.
  2. Select all NPCs that were modified and click 'CTRL+F4' to create the new facegens.

Done

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Whats the difference between this mod and the version that runs under SOS?

Does this version support UUNP and does it run in a armour slot?

It's been months since I last used SOS and have not tried the pubic hairs that uses SOS so what I know is limited regarding the other mod.

Painted Lady

• Does not require any other mods.
  • Hairs are selected via racemenu (NOT the mod, the in-game character creation menu) via a new slider under the HAIR category.
  • Compatible with RaceMenu and ECE, but they are not required.
  • The pubic hairs matches the PC's hair color.
  • If given to an NPC, the pubic hairs matches their own hair color.
  • The pubic hairs are added to NPCs using CK, TES5edit, or en masse with Markdf's patcher (you need to recreate their facedata).
  • Since it does not require any other mods, particularly SKSE, there is a Skyrim SE version available.
  • Yes, it's compatible with UUNP if you use the UUNP Bodyslide presets (LINK) ).
  • Can be used along with schlongs from SOS.
  • Does not occupy any armor/biped slots.  The pubic hairs are linked to the head hair so that means equipping most armors will cause the pubic hairs to clip through.  Actually, I prefer the pubic hairs to remain so that it will still show when wearing skimpy outfits, you just need to make some adjustments (Bodyslide/Outfit Studio or your favorite 3D modeling program) to the armor to remove the clipping.

SOS Pubic Hairs (my knowledge is limited)

• Requires additional files.
  • Not available for Skyrim SE.
  • Not sure how the selection process works to select a pube style.
  • The color matches the PC's hair.
  • If used on NPCs, the color matches the PC's hair and not the NPC's hair (not sure if this has been fixed).
  • Like SOS' schlongs, the pubic hairs 'disappear' when equipping armor.
  • Not sure if can be equipped along with schlongs.

• 1 month later...

Just downloaded the mod along with the UUNP conversion by Slash so it fits on the bodies in my game. Is there any way to "give" these to NPCs like a piece of armor? For some reason regenerating facegens messes up the faces quite badly as each NPC mod uses a slightly different headmesh, whereas CK uses either the vanilla mesh or one single replaced version. This means that I have to manually switch head meshes when working on a mod, and then switch back after I'm done.

If it was an armor of outfit piece - even if I had to add it by console - I could put it in custom outfit chests (for example, as added by BBLS) or hand them over to followers. I am aware the hair colour will be an issue in such an event though, so I'm hoping for some way to use it. The "Chinese UUNP" uses the exact same meshes IINM, but they have the problem of being replaced when the NPC equips armor. I would like it to be visible for a few NPCs at least, hair colour is not particularly important.

Since my PC is a male orc, this may not really work for him in Racemenu.

Just downloaded the mod along with the UUNP conversion by Slash so it fits on the bodies in my game. Is there any way to "give" these to NPCs like a piece of armor? For some reason regenerating facegens messes up the faces quite badly as each NPC mod uses a slightly different headmesh, whereas CK uses either the vanilla mesh or one single replaced version. This means that I have to manually switch head meshes when working on a mod, and then switch back after I'm done.

If it was an armor of outfit piece - even if I had to add it by console - I could put it in custom outfit chests (for example, as added by BBLS) or hand them over to followers. I am aware the hair colour will be an issue in such an event though, so I'm hoping for some way to use it. The "Chinese UUNP" uses the exact same meshes IINM, but they have the problem of being replaced when the NPC equips armor. I would like it to be visible for a few NPCs at least, hair colour is not particularly important.

Since my PC is a male orc, this may not really work for him in Racemenu.

If you want the pubic hairs 'wearable' for an NPC, but not disappear when equipping armor/outfits and matching color is not important to you then you will need to create armor/armor addon records and assign biped slots to both the records (CK) and meshes (nifskope).  Make sure not to assign the same slots typically used by armor/outfits so that the hairs do not disappear.

Thanks - this means I need to create a new mod, right?

Do the meshes have to fitted to a body or can they just 'hang' (sorry) in thin air?

Also, if I link a bunch of recolored textures I'm guessing I could still get a small range of colours?

Looks like a ton of work - I did try to edit an existing mod but had no success, so I resrted to fitting them out on a bunch of armors/outfits but then all NPCs wearing it have the bush attached to that outfit.

Thanks - this means I need to create a new mod, right?

Do the meshes have to fitted to a body or can they just 'hang' (sorry) in thin air?

Also, if I link a bunch of recolored textures I'm guessing I could still get a small range of colours?

Looks like a ton of work - I did try to edit an existing mod but had no success, so I resrted to fitting them out on a bunch of armors/outfits but then all NPCs wearing it have the bush attached to that outfit.

Looks like it.

That is totally your choice.  Aesthetically speaking, having the hairs conforming to the body would be the better choice, but if the gap is negligible (you'll have to zoom in to see the gap) then it probably would not matter.

So you do want color, just not matching.  If you want different NPCs to have different pube colors then you will need to give them separate meshes each containing the path to a different texture color.  This means the mod will have more than one of each pube mesh each pointing to a different color.  How many depends on how many different colors you want.

Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 6/26/2017 at 11:21 PM, PsychoMachina said:

Portable Java Runtime Environment + Java JAR Launcher

Portable Java32 and JAR launcher.7z

1- Installation

Extract and copy/paste the main folder (Portable Java32 and JAR launcher) to Skyrim > Data > Tools folder.  NOTE:  Installing in the TOOLS folder is not absolutely necessary, you can place the folder in other places such as the Desktop, root folder, or secondary drive.

2a- Requirements - The Painted Lady UNOProc Patcher

1. The Painted Lady
  2. Markdf's UNOProc...http://www.loverslab.com/topic/38259-2016-august-18-added-link-to-darker-texture-options-the-painted-lady-redone-color-matching-pubic-hairs/?p=1780356

2b- Optional

Ultimate NPC Overhaul...http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/76658

3a- How to Use - The Painted Lady UNOProc Patcher

1. Open the main folder and you see 'CommonFiles' (contains the portable JRE 32-bit) and 'JavaPortableLauncher' (JAR launcher app).  Open the JavaPortableLauncher folder and double-click 'javaportablelauncher.exe'.
  2. A window will pop-up; locate where you have the Painted Lady UNOProc installed.
  3. Select 'UNOProc.jar'.
  4. The patcher GUI will appear.  Click on the Main Settings option (left side) to make any changes that would apply when creating the patch.
  5. When done, click on 'PATCH' (upper right of the GUI).

3b- Creation Kit

1. When the patch is created (named "UNOProc.esp"), start the Creation Kit and select and activate UNOProc.esp.  The purpose is to recreate the facegen for the NPCs that was modified by the Painted Lady UNOProc.
  2. Select all NPCs that were modified and click 'CTRL+F4' to create the new facegens.

Done

Will this procedure work on Bijin NPCs in SE?  Obviously 2b isn't an option, but will the rest?

On 1/19/2018 at 6:38 PM, Ernest Lemmingway said:

I love this mod but I'm not really satisfied with just the five styles or bald. I don't suppose there's any chance this mod will be expanded (for Oldrim) any time soon, is there?

I *hopefully* plan on redoing the meshes, adding new styles, and adding thicker variants.  There might also be color-matching nipples, but how that will work out I don't know until I cross that bridge.

Right now I'm working on the Elin race, maybe once I'm done some of the armor ports then I'll add some time to work on the Painted Lady updates.

On 1/27/2018 at 2:18 AM, Sevatt said:

Will this procedure work on Bijin NPCs in SE?  Obviously 2b isn't an option, but will the rest?

Current known methods won't work as it will remove the custom facegens.  I have yet to try using Nifskope to add the pubic meshes and associated bones to the NPC's facegen mesh and no one has reported that that method does not work (or at least I don't recall anyone saying anything about it).

I don't know of any methods that will add pubic hairs en masse to custom NPCs and custom replacers.

14 hours ago, PsychoMachina said:

I *hopefully* plan on redoing the meshes, adding new styles, and adding thicker variants.  There might also be color-matching nipples, but how that will work out I don't know until I cross that bridge.

I don't know if color-matching nipples is a good idea but thank you for planning on adding more stuff. The Painted Lady is one of my must-have mods, next to Immersive Tomato. :classic_biggrin:

8 hours ago, Ernest Lemmingway said:

I don't know if color-matching nipples is a good idea but thank you for planning on adding more stuff. The Painted Lady is one of my must-have mods, next to Immersive Tomato. :classic_biggrin:

Well it seemed like a good idea while it was rattling around in my head.  I remember reading about having the lips match color with the nipples can be seen as attractive.

On 1/30/2018 at 7:10 PM, PsychoMachina said:

Well it seemed like a good idea while it was rattling around in my head.  I remember reading about having the lips match color with the nipples can be seen as attractive.

Lips matching the nipples in color is attractive. I thought you meant nipples matching the hair color. :classic_exclamation:

On 2/2/2018 at 3:02 PM, Ernest Lemmingway said:

Lips matching the nipples in color is attractive. I thought you meant nipples matching the hair color. :classic_exclamation:

I should have mentioned that from the start though I'm sure there are some people who want the nipples to match the hairs.

I might also add color-matching buttocks/backside hairs to be used along with the Elin HDT ears/tails but, right now it's only another idea.

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, LordEmpire54 said:

I've got a small problem, whenever I equip the hair. It seems to float above the body, have I missed something, or have I done something wrong?

There are CBBE and UUNP bodyslide conversions to make the hairs more form-fitting.  I'll add the links to the original post.