[Request] Home Invasion

ltknight88

I had an interesting thing happen as I was playing last night.  I fast traveled to my house, and got attacked by bandits.  I wasn't traveling with my weapons or armor - so I ran inside my house to avoid the fight.  At which point, the bandits all followed me inside Windstad Manor.

Then they opened up a chest that had some of my better weapons in it, and attacked.  I lost this fight.

It got me thinking that a "Home invasion" type of quest could be pretty cool.

They could come in - almost like a random encounter, and attack.  Maybe steal weapons and armor.

Maybe the frequency could be set in MCM or a way to Lock the front door.

but it could be interesting to return home and discover that while you were staying in one of your other 5 homes around Skyrim, a Bandit Chief and his men had moved in.

Thoughts??

They shouldn't be opening your chests, but yeah, I've had that invasion happen before.  And I'd love for something like that...without the robbery, though since Riftweald Manor is set as a vanilla bandit spawn point, I've had to clear MY OWN HOUSE more than once.

Dangerous Nights allows random people to come try to rape you while sleeping, but that doesn't quite do what you're asking.

Oh man, there are so many directions you can go with this.

From the invasion aspect, to hostage, to blackmailing/extortion.

The issue I see is that it requires a lot of "work" and player's willingness to participate. To set up such scenario you have to have a house and occupy it with people.

Also the balance for when a player is "at a house because I need a place to store all my 100 dragon bone and am busy leveling up smithing/alchemy/enchanting and don't want to be bother"

Oh man, there are so many directions you can go with this.

From the invasion aspect, to hostage, to blackmailing/extortion.

The issue I see is that it requires a lot of "work" and player's willingness to participate. To set up such scenario you have to have a house and occupy it with people.

Also the balance for when a player is "at a house because I need a place to store all my 100 dragon bone and am busy leveling up smithing/alchemy/enchanting and don't want to be bother"

so why not have a mod where you can make a house with a hidden basement or something that npc cant get to by having it behind a box or something could have it like the hidden room in the inn at riverwood i think it was called but npc might use the hidden panel but yes home invasion leading to black mail would be good could tie in with qayl where if the player didnt show up for the quest line they come to the player

I had an interesting thing happen as I was playing last night.  I fast traveled to my house, and got attacked by bandits.  I wasn't traveling with my weapons or armor - so I ran inside my house to avoid the fight.  At which point, the bandits all followed me inside Windstad Manor.

Then they opened up a chest that had some of my better weapons in it, and attacked.  I lost this fight.

It got me thinking that a "Home invasion" type of quest could be pretty cool.

They could come in - almost like a random encounter, and attack.  Maybe steal weapons and armor.

Maybe the frequency could be set in MCM or a way to Lock the front door.

but it could be interesting to return home and discover that while you were staying in one of your other 5 homes around Skyrim, a Bandit Chief and his men had moved in.

Thoughts??

No mod that I know of but there is a video I saw once that someone made where there was an invasion of one of the homes.

It's linked somewhere here on LL but I've long lost the where.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

They shouldn't be opening your chests, but yeah, I've had that invasion happen before.  And I'd love for something like that...without the robbery, though since Riftweald Manor is set as a vanilla bandit spawn point, I've had to clear MY OWN HOUSE more than once.

Dangerous Nights allows random people to come try to rape you while sleeping, but that doesn't quite do what you're asking.

no i think its normal behaviour for npc's to loot weapons even in chests ive had companions run off just to go pick up a bow off a dead corpse 50 feet away

I wouldn't recommend Sands of Time Sleeping Encounters, I had some major issues with it: massive bandits attack every time I left Whiterun, couldn't reduce it,  uninstall video that was so loud I had to mute the game plus was generally bad, etc. It was generally working pretty badly.

I wouldn't recommend Sands of Time Sleeping Encounters, I had some major issues with it: massive bandits attack every time I left Whiterun, couldn't reduce it,  uninstall video that was so loud I had to mute the game plus was generally bad, etc. It was generally working pretty badly.

Oh? Well for me it works like a charm so far; on the other hand I'm not using it since long.

It should be simple enough to enable a "lock" system that simply enables/disables hostile NPC invasion. If you keep it simple like that, just make sure you keep the house with your best loot "locked" and the house(s) you want to "risk" you might... forget... to lock. And if all the mod did was affect the door permissions, it'd be easy to keep it compatible with a variety of rape/theft/whatever mods.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest anonimouss32231

dangerouse nights is closest you might get

as request say, we are talking about "home invasion" and not a simple aggressione during sleep

• 4 weeks later...

Archived