When a piece of your mesh stretches to infinity what do you do?

Skagg

So I finished working on an armor and I decided to stick it in game. And of course what happens? the fuckin mesh stretches out to infinity. DAMMIT!!!!! Anybody know how to fix this? Does this have something to do with the skeleton (I fucking hate skeletons)? Also the tail moves up and down like the fucking Y axis what the fuck? Ugh I'm so mad this armor took all my time!!!! How do I fix the tail problem?

It could be: the skeleton' date=' animation (if tail goes nuts) or texture. *Side note* Just a simple rename of normal map texture and everything goes nuts. Plus give more details on what you did.

[/quote']

lol okay Ill just show you that might be easier. thank you for the reply btw.

Here it is...

So yeah the tail just moves all over the screen whenever she walks and the belts on her leg go crazy. They stretch and its weird because no matter how I move her I can see them through her. I used the same skelly I always use for my armor resizings and stuff that being this one http://tes.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=12248 whenever I import a skelly for the armor this is what I used and I amde sure to arm all armatures or whatever. >.< so frustrating!

How did you link a skeleton to the armor? Did you link everything with old skeleton, or deleted it and imported new one? And those straps, are they a part of mesh armor or they are like an item that you put in. And yes, looks like it's a skeleton issue. And did you add that tail to the armor, or...?

How did you link a skeleton to the armor? Did you link everything with old skeleton' date=' or deleted it and imported new one? And those straps, are they a part of mesh armor or they are like an item that you put in. And yes, looks like it's a skeleton issue. And did you add that tail to the armor, or...?

[/quote']

I deleted the skeleton that came with the armor then i edited the armor then i imported the one from the link above. Then as for the tail i cheated since i didnt have a tail node or whatever i took all my pieces of armor and added them to the armor that had the tail slot already and deleted the other pieces of that armor. The straps i added in after i finished most of the armor. Should i try using a different skeleton to import?

"Highlighting all parts of the armor (tail too) and linking them with the new skeleton that has tail bones and pressing name groups when a box with options appears, should fix things." - That's what I do and it always works, assuming that those meshes are parts of other armors, then they are weighed and shouldn't cause problems.

But other thing could be that you did something with one hand idle animations and that's why that tail is flying, that would be silly of me to say. :P

*Kidding*

"Highlighting all parts of the armor (tail too) and linking them with the new skeleton that has tail bones and pressing name groups when a box with options appears' date=' should fix things." - That's what I do and it always works, assuming that those meshes are parts of other armors, then they are weighed and shouldn't cause problems.

But other thing could be that you did something with one hand idle animations and that's why that tail is flying, that would be silly of me to say. :P

*Kidding*

[/quote']

Okay lol im a weee bit confused. So i should try importing a skeleton with a tail correct? If so can you link me a good one ^.^;;? Also i didnt change my one handed animation and my actual skeleton that i have in my data folder is from the high heel mod by vip should i use one thats different?

Also this step your referring to about linking the armor is this the step you do in blender with adding armatures? If so then i just need to re import this thing in blender and just make sure i use the proper skeleton and export ande it should be fine right?

Im sorry about all the questions and i rally appreciate your helping me out here you are you are a saint and i owe you BIG!

Use Growlfs Universal Skeleton ' date=' it on nexus

and Import SkeletonBeast.nif it works for both tailed and non tailed creatures

Cheers

[/quote']

:D awesome thank you so much MC! Thanks a bunch for both your guys help? I just got home so im going to this a shot thank you guys ill let you know how it goes.

i had the stretching to infniity thing last night with a new install, two of the female bandits chests stretched way up into the sky in a sharp point, i had tried to use Growlf's skeleton..but that was what caused the problem. I switched to Correra's and the fault went away.

"Highlighting all parts of the armor (tail too) and linking them with the new skeleton that has tail bones and pressing name groups when a box with options appears' date=' should fix things." - That's what I do and it always works, assuming that those meshes are parts of other armors, then they are weighed and shouldn't cause problems.

*Kidding*

[/quote']

Okay lol im a weee bit confused. So i should try importing a skeleton with a tail correct? If so can you link me a good one ^.^;;? Also i didnt change my one handed animation and my actual skeleton that i have in my data folder is from the high heel mod by vip should i use one thats different?

Also this step your referring to about linking the armor is this the step you do in blender with adding armatures? If so then i just need to re import this thing in blender and just make sure i use the proper skeleton and export ande it should be fine right?

Im sorry about all the questions and i rally appreciate your helping me out here you are you are a saint and i owe you BIG!

*Shift right click your armor parts -> shift right click the skeleton -> Ctrl + P -> Name Groups, spam click them until they go away.

If I remember right, I'm using this skeleton: http://tes.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=33324

Did the tail already have a set of bones before you stuck it to the outfit? If so, copy the tail's entire Scene Root instead of just the model. Then, after the whole thing is pasted onto the armor, right click the new Scene Root and Block>Flatten Branch. Then delete that scene root as it will not longer have anything attached to it. Now that tail, with its bones, will be part of the outfit.

As for the leg bits, check its texture paths, make sure its correct and that there's a corresponding _n there too.

After that, go to Spells>Remove Bogus Nodes to clear out any extra nodes that were transferred but didn't need to be.

Also NifSkope lingo, if you're dealing with un-rigged material in something like Blender, ain't my forte.

Did the tail already have a set of bones before you stuck it to the outfit? If so' date=' copy the tail's entire Scene Root instead of just the model. Then, after the whole thing is pasted onto the armor, right click the new Scene Root and Block>Flatten Branch. Then delete that scene root as it will not longer have anything attached to it. Now that tail, with its bones, will be part of the outfit.

As for the leg bits, check its texture paths, make sure its correct and that there's a corresponding _n there too.

After that, go to Spells>Remove Bogus Nodes to clear out any extra nodes that were transferred but didn't need to be.

Also NifSkope lingo, if you're dealing with un-rigged material in something like Blender, ain't my forte.

[/quote']

Eiries please slap me because Im a fucking IDIOT!!!!

I grabbed the wrong texture file rather than grabbing the _n file I fucking love you Q.Q!

Now I'm going to try fixing the tail by deleting the current one and readding it in the way you told me too~

For myself, I have made an empty nif file which has almost all the skeleton nodes (apart from those that are rarely used, wings etc.) by opening an armor that had them all and just removing all the mesh nodes. It's a clean nif I can use whenever I want to paste multiple pieces together. No need to copy entire sceneroots and clutter your mesh with unneeded stuff and no more "failed to map to node..." errors.

If it is still missing any exotic nodes for a particular piece, you can always copy/paste the bip nodes one by one. But it's a PITA to do for large numbers of nodes, so that's why I have the ready-made file.

Oh EvenstarGW, you never fail to provide such great insight into the realm of optimization.

I guess, on top of what I had said, if you're copying an entire scene root, make sure everything's deleted from the mesh that doesn't need to be there, sans the nodes (because of the Delete Bogus Nodes function, those don't matter much.)

Assuming you're deleting the extra mesh parts using the Remove Branch function, there shouldn't be... too much left to clutter your mesh.

But Evenstar knows more about this stuff than I do... in fact, he taught me much of what I know. :)

Archived