something I made has been used without permission.

FwuffyMouse

What should I do in this situation? The head meshes I created from vanilla khajiit ones were used in a (somehow actually worse than mine) mod on the workshop. I confirmed this by downloanding and viewing the contents of the bsa. my meshes sit alongside textures and meshes from other mods as well, but that's not part of my concern.

one nif in the file is unchanged, but another includes eyes that the modder added. I was never contacted about the use of my mesh and don't frankly know what to do about it. Is a copyright claim goind to help me, or do I have no right to the mesh because it is modified vanilla?

Main thing being that the mesh is a piece of shit, and I don't wand someone else using it. I can manage my own shitty mesh.

I'm not working on it at the moment, but the mod is Nezumi skyrim ratrace on here. I've made an effort to contanct the plaigarist, who I'll avoid calling out until I know what's supposed to be done. the mod in question shared the Nezumi title though, so you can find the thief's name on it. his steam account is private, but I have sent a friend request in effort to contact him.

Guest Plastrader

Report him on Steam to begin with and use the "DMCA compliant notice" too.

So the mod is taken down from there.

fully playable only issue is the eyes are not meshed for the head yet and male armor needs to be updated for the custom male body i use on this race

:rolleyes:

[edit]

Lame pun warning: "I think you should rat him out"

Guest Plastrader

It's your creation, he didn't ask for your permission to use it and that should be enough for your "case"

Even if you just moved one vertix from an original mesh, it's still your creation.

Take the numerous body types, like CBBE for example. If they didn't ask Caliente for permission there would be an uprise.

I suggest you do right what everyone else in copyright law does wrong. 

Contact the mod author, ask to at least give you credit or note the work that isn't his own. If the author denies or is a dickhead about it, then move to a takedown. It is entirely possible that the mod author intended to give you credit but forgot, so I wouldn't want to go cut the author's legs off just yet.  

Also, you can have the mod taken down - all mods are modifications of Skyrim, and the fact that the asset is a modified vanilla one is irrelevant. It would only be a problem if you had taken the mesh from a different game, if I know my TOU correctly. Because I totally read them.

Archived