HDT Pros/Cons for Different Body-Mods?

tm2dragon

I have a feeling that even though this SEEMS like a simple question, what I'm asking is a tad more complicated then I'm giving it credit for.  Basically, I'm curious which body mod I should go with, the factors being ease of use, compatibility with sexlab and xaz animations, and of course how well they work with HDT (a variety of compatible outfits would be a nice perk too).  What are people's thoughts?

A lot of it comes down to personal preference, but here's the way I see it:

If you want scaling bellies, go with 7b (hdt version by blabba) or 7b(O).  Those bodies have decent belly-weighted meshes as well as a decent selection of clothing sets (some of which also have scaling bellies).  Incidentally, 7b meshes also work well with unp textures.

If you care not for such things, cbbe seems to be the body of choice.  The wonderful outfit studio serves this body-type very well, which means even if you don't have the clothing you want for your particular slider-set, you can convert a set with relative ease.

I have a feeling that even though this SEEMS like a simple question, what I'm asking is a tad more complicated then I'm giving it credit for.  Basically, I'm curious which body mod I should go with, the factors being ease of use, compatibility with sexlab and xaz animations, and of course how well they work with HDT (a variety of compatible outfits would be a nice perk too).  What are people's thoughts?

I am build at special for you  :D http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/1429-enchanced-sevenbase-body-hdttbbpbbppsb/

That depends entirely on what you want.

7b has some support, and has belly scaling, but in my opinion, the breasts look strange and conic. 

CBBE has a ton of armor and clothing, and can be adapted anywhere, but it is the furthest from reality.

UNPB has better scaling, and better-looking breasts, but it's an older body and looks odd in all but the most typical poses.

Dream Girl has a very high-quality looking body, with relatively natural-looking breasts and, in my opinion, looks the best out of all the body mods, but is unappreciated and doesn't have nearly as much support for clothing and armor as the other body mods.

I use all of them.

By using Everybody's Different Redone, I have every single BBP/TBBP body I like in the game at once. My player character uses a custom race with Dream Girl.

That depends entirely on what you want.

7b has some support, and has belly scaling, but in my opinion, the breasts look strange and conic. 

CBBE has a ton of armor and clothing, and can be adapted anywhere, but it is the furthest from reality.

UNPB has better scaling, and better-looking breasts, but it's an older body and looks odd in all but the most typical poses.

Dream Girl has a very high-quality looking body, with relatively natural-looking breasts and, in my opinion, looks the best out of all the body mods, but is unappreciated and doesn't have nearly as much support for clothing and armor as the other body mods.

I use all of them.

By using Everybody's Different Redone, I have every single BBP/TBBP body I like in the game at once. My player character uses a custom race with Dream Girl.

One caveat CBBE is very low poly so you trade outfit support for general crappiness. CBBE for dressup.

Please correct me if i am wrong on any of the rest of this:

Dream Girl (DG) animates beautifully but lacks any sort of belly scaling/HDT support from what I understand. So if you dont care about pregnancy, belly jiggle or collision this is fantastic.

UNP/b outdated, moderate outfit support.

HDT Body- blabba's pregnant scaling body (PSB) sometimes animates oddly but is weighted to support basically anything you want. Also bodyslide can use the weights for either the CBBE mesh or UNP/B/Skinny. Only dislike is slight seams on UNP weighted bodies.

Citrus - blabba's second body supports HDT(TBBP) beautifully. Still in development but promising. NO outfit support only one body mesh but is bodyslideable to nearly any shape/size. Runs on XPMSE exclusively, the switch is a pain but def worth it.

7B - Funky UNPBish body, requires its own head mesh (someone that uses might verfiy that) seems to have moderate outfit support.

Lady Body - dont know much about it

I am missing a couple UNP variants that I have never used.

Also each body has its base proportions different so if that is important to ya then youll have to do some looking.

I wouldn't say UNP/B is outdated, it is (they are?) probably still one of the most popular one out there sitting next to CBBE and 7B. Plus 7B is sort of a variation of UNP/B

I thought blabba has been telling people to stop using the 7b HDT body :/

An older version of 7BO/UNPBO was what I would have called the easiest body to use since it had everything at the time (tppb, hdt, belly) with all conversion in a single thread. However I haven't went back to look at it with the newest version and vagina mesh.

Archived