Skyrim Not Playing With Mods Despite Being Active

Adam Jensen

I have the weirdest issue right now. Yesterday, I played Skyrim all fine and dandy but today, for some odd reason, when I load the game or click on new game, it acts as if I didn't have any mods active. For example, I have alternate start, yet when I click on new game, it starts with the vanilla intro. I thought it was an skse issue, but is not recognizing mods that do not use SKSE. Anybody knows what might be the cause? 

Nevermind, just figured it out. Despite that my load order only has 190 mods, I still had way too many esps in the data folder. Deleting a chunk of those fixed the problem. I'm writing this for future reference, in case someone has the same issue at some point. 

start learning how to merge those mods into a couple of mods and then you can have your cake and eat it to.

I actually merged over 80 mods a few days ago. Sadly I forgot to delete their esps. I have way too many esps, because when I started modding, I usually kept them even if I disable them, just in case I wanted then again. I know better now and delete all unused esps, but I still got to trim a lot of fat. 

Archived