Crash on startup

I've searched and tried to read as much as I could before I posted this as sometimes people on forums get upset without you at least trying your due diligence before asking. I tried updating to SOS from .33 to .34 and now I'm getting crashes on startup. I thought maybe it had to do with me trying to add Mighty Beasts so I uninstalled them and still a crash on startup. I went back to SOS .33 and same thing. I read someone say install SOS then Sexlab and have sexlab overwrite then run FNIS and see what happens. I still get a crash on startup. It has to be something minor I'm missing as I was running fine on .33 except for the occasion CTD when initating sex but I just restarted from where I left off and everything was fine. I just took it as a minor inconvience. Am I supposed to overwrite everything with sexlab or just the PapyrusUtil? I have finally figured out how to get my load order and have attached it. I know I probably have to clean some dirty mods but I'll tackle that monster after reading more and watching more videos as Tes5edit seems alittle itimidating right now.

Thanks for any help.

On the chance that it is your PapyrusUtil causing the problem, since you already have SOS and SexLab installed, just download PapyrusUtil (http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/484-papyrusutil/) and install it. It'll overwrite both mods. Launch game and see what happens. If you still get the crash, try following the instructions below on making TES5edit check your load order. You don't have to do ANYTHING complex or fancy for that to play out.

The short run down of how to use TES5edit to determine if there's a problem in your load order: Install it. Run it. Leave all mods checked and then click OK. Let it run until it a) returns an error or B) finishes loading everything. If you get an error it will tell you which mod is causing the issue. At this point you can just close out of TES5edit.

Edited to add: If you're prompted to allow PapyrusUtil to overwrite SexLab or SOS, the answer is YES.

On the chance that it is your PapyrusUtil causing the problem, since you already have SOS and SexLab installed, just download PapyrusUtil (http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/484-papyrusutil/) and install it. It'll overwrite both mods. Launch game and see what happens. If you still get the crash, try following the instructions below on making TES5edit check your load order. You don't have to do ANYTHING complex or fancy for that to play out.

The short run down of how to use TES5edit to determine if there's a problem in your load order: Install it. Run it. Leave all mods checked and then click OK. Let it run until it a) returns an error or B) finishes loading everything. If you get an error it will tell you which mod is causing the issue. At this point you can just close out of TES5edit.

Edited to add: If you're prompted to allow PapyrusUtil to overwrite SexLab or SOS, the answer is YES.

Thanks so much man, that narrowed it down and I'm back up and running..Now to clean some dirty mods... :o

Archived