A Massively Strange Bug. In Need of Help.

RedRightHand89

Hello, I'm somewhat new to posting stuff in terms of "needing assistance." But this is a strange problem that Google couldn't solve otherwise. Posting on here seemed logical because alot of mods come from this awesome website.

Anyway, I was traveling from Labyrinthian to Whiterun when out-of-the-blue my fps dropped to almost a stop. No crash, just pretty much 10 frames per second. Looking around I didn't notice anything (it's actually near a Giant Camp) until I looked up at the sky. There was a huge black cloud-looking object that made my fps drop to a screeching hault when looking directly at it.

So out of spite, I "tfc'd" and moved up to it, and upon closer inspection it turned out to be Thousands of types of Fish, Dragonflies and Butterflies floating idle up in the sky. After pondering for a few minutes on why this is happening, the thought came to mind that maybe all these species were removed from their original spawning points and placed here instead.

So I traveled across all of Skyrim and haven't ran across any fish in the waters, dragonflies buzzing around, nor butterflies fluttering about. In any case, traveling across the tundra to Whiterun or anywhere near there is a burden. On a side note, if you shoot the cluster with and arrow, They all slowly stream down to the ground like a stream until my game eventually crashes.

My load order:

Skyrim.esm

Update.esm
Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp
Dawnguard.esm
Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp
HearthFires.esm
Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp
Dragonborn.esm
Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp
Skyrim Project Optimization - Full Version.esm
hdtHighHeel.esm
SexLab.esm
SexLabAroused.esm
ZaZAnimationPack.esm
Devious Devices - Assets.esm
BeeingFemale.esm
Devious Devices - Expansion.esm
Devious Devices - Integration.esm
HighResTexturePack01.esp
HighResTexturePack02.esp
HighResTexturePack03.esp
brawlbug-plugin.esp
DW Commoners.esp
SplashofRain.esp
AOS.esp
MoreNastyCritters.esp
SexLabNudeCreatures.esp
SexLabNudeCreaturesDG.esp
SexLabNudeCreaturesDB.esp
HentaiCreatures.esp
SexLabDefeat.esp
SkyUI.esp
HDT TestSkirts.esp
Remodeled Armor - Vanilla Replacer.esp
Remodeled Armor - Vanilla Replacer - Dawnguard.esp
Remodeled Armor - Vanilla Replacer - Dragonborn.esp
zzlovelyfeather.esp
Devious Deviants.esp
DeviousRegulations.esp
PrisonerRagsForFemales.esp
Schlongs of Skyrim - Light.esp
SexLab Romance.esp
SexLab Submit.esp
FemaleWerewolf.esp
ShowRaceMenuAlternative.esp
DraugrSkirts_Havok.esp
BVFE_Serana.esp
SexLab_DibellaCult.esp
NoNakedComments.esp
Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp
CharacterMakingExtender.esp
dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Reduced.esp
EnhancedCharacterEdit.esp
Orc Female Body Replacer.esp
rcrnShaders.esp
RCRNdgdb.esp
RCRNvolumetric.esp
EnhancedLightsandFX.esp
Purewaters.esp
DeviouslyHelpless.esp
Deviously Cursed Loot.esp
EmpireCoat.esp
EmpireCoat-BootsAddon.esp
Immersive Sounds - Compendium.esp
Hair Physics Project 1.13.esp
HDT Physics Weapon Sling.esp
Draconic Bloodline.esp
zenet_GagQuest.esp
ISCompendium AOS Patch.esp
RavenWP3.esp
SexLab-AmorousAdventures.esp
SkyFalls + SkyMills + DG + DB.esp
TheEvilMansionFE.esp
AOS2_RCRN_AE_Patch.esp
BeeingFemaleBasicAddOn.esp
Devious Cidhna.esp
TrueBrows.esp
TrueEyes.esp
VioLens.esp
ImmerSlave.esp
sr_FillHerUp.esp
draugr_light_armor.esp
BesEss.esp
HDT Female Hairstyles.esp

I'll upload some screenshots later if need be.

post-161527-0-56287900-1411505909_thumb.jpg

post-161527-0-05688100-1411505920_thumb.jpg

awesome bug lol

yes screenshots pls

take a look at your papyrus logs

Uploaded some screens. I also checked my papyrus but I'm confused when it comes to reading it. But it does consist of alot of fish/dragonfly/firefly spawn things: 

For example: 

critterFish.PickRandomPointBehindTargetFish()

[09/23/2014 - 04:30:46PM] error: Failed to find variable ::fSpawnerY_var used in

critterdragonfly.PickRandomPointOutsideLeash()

[09/23/2014 - 04:30:46PM] error: Failed to find variable ::fSpawnerY_var used in

I don't know what this means, also there's a bunch of lines about critters "warping" to new plant. I'll be looking into it.

Do you have any of these in your data\scripts folder?

critter.pex, critterFish.pex, criter*.pex

Any mod that does anything to the critters?

Haha nice pic. But I didn't find any critter.pex/critterFish.pex/criter*.pex files in the scripts folder and I don't have any mods that do anything to those types of critters.

Just out of curiosity, is the giant camp Bleakwind Basin?

Because I'm pretty sure that's in the exact center of Skyrim.

Yes actually, it's right above it I forgot to mention that in my last post. So they're all spawning in the center of Skyrim, I guess.

Caveat: I can't really help you with your problem, I'm just curious, this is a very interesting bug, so forgive me for continually posting stuff that doesn't help.

This image is taken at XYZ coordinates 0,0,0.

Looking straight down at Bleakwind Basin.

Right there?

Yeah, it's right there. I thought for a lazy/simple workaround would be to shoot the little buggers out of the sky so they all ragdoll down to the ground and wait several in-game days somewhere else to see if they all respawn there. But my game freezes if I'm around there for too long.

I agree though. Out of all installed Skyrim playthroughs I've had (some of which were more heavily modded) this has to be one of the weirdest bugs. 

I wonder... I'm not sure how fish are done, but if you "tai" when you're around there, does your framerate get a boost at all, like enough to get closer without CTD? What about "tdetect"? What about "tscr"?

What about "tg"? That one's graphical and not processing, but maybe every little bit helps? Actually, now that I'm thinking about it, TG would make almost no impact at all, I'd be very surprised.

I'm not sure shooting them would work. Pretty sure shooting does nothing to fish, and I know for a fact it does nothing to dragonflies. You have to harvest them. Which means getting right next to them and staring right at it. So... probably no.

Yeah I've tried that. I also tried a fly mod to try to collect ALL the critters by flying up there, just for kicks lol. Now whenever I enter that particular cell they start falling (from shooting them) until my game freezes again, so getting close is next to impossible. 

I don't know if it's safe or even possible, but could one do a "clean cell" action? Does it even exsist?

Also wondering about this mod, but i'm really not sure because I have a lot of scripts attached to my game already... Or if it's even script related at this point.
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/52363/?

Just a few things that stand out...

Looking at your load order I can't help but wonder if that isn't at least in part responsible for your problem. You have Alternate Start - Live Another Life showing in the middle of your load out. It needs to be at the end. There are a couple of other things that bugged, but don't know that they're really an issue. Download and run LOOT (http://loot.github.io/).

You're also using an old version of the Brawl Bugs Patch (http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/24020/?) - download the compatibility edition. It's meant to be played with version 1.6+ of Skyrim where the old version is well... old.

You have all the other Unofficial Patches, but not the one for the Hi-Res Texture Pack. I recommend installing that one as well. (http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/31255/?)

Edited to add: Loved the screenies, btw. That's a new one for me!

Just a few things that stand out...

Looking at your load order I can't help but wonder if that isn't at least in part responsible for your problem. You have Alternate Start - Live Another Life showing in the middle of your load out. It needs to be at the end. There are a couple of other things that bugged, but don't know that they're really an issue. Download and run LOOT (http://loot.github.io/).

You're also using an old version of the Brawl Bugs Patch (http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/24020/?) - download the compatibility edition. It's meant to be played with version 1.6+ of Skyrim where the old version is well... old.

You have all the other Unofficial Patches, but not the one for the Hi-Res Texture Pack. I recommend installing that one as well. (http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/31255/?)

Edited to add: Loved the screenies, btw. That's a new one for me!

Thanks for noticing, I totally forgot the Unofficial Hi-Res patch, and now realize brawls patch needs to be updated. I'll try these out later and post the results. Also gonna give LOOT a try.

What the hell I'm dying of laughter here. Did you try running boss?

Could something like this work? https://sites.google.com/site/immersivecreatures/details/random-cell-respawner

I've actually tried running Boss before but recently it's been acting funny. Might give your suggestion a go later, so thanks.

I was going to call this topic "There's Something Fishy Going On in Skyrim." But no one would probably take it seriously lol.

I've actually tried running Boss before but recently it's been acting funny. Might give your suggestion a go later, so thanks.

I was going to call this topic "There's Something Fishy Going On in Skyrim." But no one would probably take it seriously lol.

BOSS is no longer being updated. Use LOOT instead. You'll get much better results.

I totally would have been onboard with that subject line! A little humour in situations like this isn't a bad thing!

I just tried running LOOT, it fixed my ctd on loading sometimes, so super thank you for that! But the critters are still there, just hanging out. Thought about disabling USKP, but even if that fixes it I'm afraid it would break my game later on.. At least the problem doesn't occur anywhere else though, only when the Bleakwind Basin cell loads so staying clear of it is ideal. 

For now, the people of Whiterun have more than just pesky dragons to worry about. 

Does this glitch occur with a new game? Just asking because I didn't notice if you said anything about trying a new game. While I don't know what some of those mods are it sounds like some mod moved the spawn points. I have occasionally had slaughter fish appear on land due to bugs with an old version of Sands of Time mod but nothing to the extreme your seeing.

Archived