Sexout Intimacy

On 1/27/2018 at 3:16 PM, psyseed said:

Where to download SOIRepop?

I've not touched SOIRepop for almost two years now, sadly. It's probably not going to change for the foreseeable future, if ever. If anyone wants to take it on, I can hand out the files and give some pointers. I'd also not object to anyone ripping out bits and pieces of the mod for their own projects, as long as credit is given.

It does require some major time intensive rewrites in terms of the dialog that is in there. The custom dialog could also be tossed out, which would mean the NPCs would be mostly blank and a bit bland, but they'd work within the SOI standard framework and have generic dialog. 

On 2/3/2018 at 7:25 AM, Kvbal said:

I have a certain NPC that always asks for solo sex, but that became monotonous quite fast so I decided that I wanted to change her prc for it to 0, but it doesn't stick as sex just resets it back to 1. Is this a bug, or am I just doing something wrong?

What's a 'prc'?  There are a ton of bugs in this mod as well as open ended functions that are not complete.  So my guess would be that it's not anything you're doing.

On 2/3/2018 at 11:03 AM, BruceWayne said:

I've not touched SOIRepop for almost two years now, sadly. It's probably not going to change for the foreseeable future, if ever. If anyone wants to take it on, I can hand out the files and give some pointers. I'd also not object to anyone ripping out bits and pieces of the mod for their own projects, as long as credit is given.

It does require some major time intensive rewrites in terms of the dialog that is in there. The custom dialog could also be tossed out, which would mean the NPCs would be mostly blank and a bit bland, but they'd work within the SOI standard framework and have generic dialog. 

I'll probably fix it up at some point and then hand it back out for improvement.  Anyone who picks it up would still have to wait on me to get the core fleshed out anyway.  No sense in working on it until then really, unless you just want to punish yourself.

I appreciate what you've done as it is though.  You went as far as you could imo.

Back to FNV, and incidentally playing my favorite Sexout mod.

My install and first run-through yesterday went basically smooth like butter, except that I forgot to disable mods that enhance a bit too much explosions (mines in particular), which left me extremely frustrated (reloading all the time and meta-gaming). Balancing the game to one's tastes is really a delicate exercice in patience and compromises.

More importantly, I've got a question please : I'd like to use a template for an NPC, since I read in this thread (thank you, 7KeysCurtain!) that it was possible to do so now (and awesome job on that, by the way!). Would the template I've prepared below be correct (for a particular dominant female NPC that I have in mind, with another mod easily found on LL) ?

;Set Reserved = Do Not Auto Add
;NX_SetEVFl "SOI:Sys:Reserved" 1
NX_SetEVFl "SOI:Sys:Reserved" 1

;Set Orientation
;; One of these.
;NX_SetEVFl "SOI:Ornt:Bisexual" 1
;NX_SetEVFl "SOI:Ornt:Gay" 1
;NX_SetEVFl "SOI:Ornt:Hetero" 1
;NX_SetEVFl "SOI:Ornt:Lesbian" 1

NX_SetEVFl "SOI:Ornt:Lesbian" 1

;; One of these.
;NX_SetEVFl "SOI:Ornt:Gender" 1 ;Feminine
;NX_SetEVFl "SOI:Ornt:Gender" 2 ;Masculine
;NX_SetEVFl "SOI:Ornt:Gender" 3 ;Creature/Other

NX_SetEVFl "SOI:Ornt:Gender" 1 ;Feminine

;; One of these.
;NX_SetEVFl "SOI:Ornt:Bhv" 1 ;Feminine
;NX_SetEVFl "SOI:Ornt:Bhv" 2 ;Masculine
;NX_SetEVFl "SOI:Ornt:Bhv" 3 ;Creature/Other

NX_SetEVFl "SOI:Ornt:Bhv" 1 ;Feminine

;Set Attributes
;; All some or none.
;NX_SetEVFl "SOI:Atr:CommitLmt" ;2-4
;NX_SetEVFl "SOI:Atr:Conviction" ;1-100
;NX_SetEVFl "SOI:Atr:GangLvl" ;1-3
;NX_SetEVFl "SOI:Atr:Heart" ;1-100
;NX_SetEVFl "SOI:Atr:Inhibition" ;1-100
;NX_SetEVFl "SOI:Atr:Jealous" ;1-100
;NX_SetEVFl "SOI:Atr:Libido" ;1-100
;NX_SetEVFl "SOI:Atr:StalkLvl" ;1-2
;NX_SetEVFl "SOI:Atr:Temper" ;1-100
;NX_SetEVFl "SOI:Atr:WillPower" ;1-100

NX_SetEVFl "SOI:Atr:CommitLmt" 4
NX_SetEVFl "SOI:Atr:Conviction" 90
NX_SetEVFl "SOI:Atr:Heart" 90
NX_SetEVFl "SOI:Atr:Inhibition" 10
NX_SetEVFl "SOI:Atr:Jealous" 25
NX_SetEVFl "SOI:Atr:Libido" 75
NX_SetEVFl "SOI:Atr:StalkLvl" 1
NX_SetEVFl "SOI:Atr:Temper" 75
NX_SetEVFl "SOI:Atr:WillPower" 90

;Set Pre-Established NPC Mates
;; Both or none.
;NX_SetEVFo "SOI:Ref:Mate" ;NPCRef
;NX_SetEVFl "SOI:Rcd:Committed" ;2-4

;Set Proclivities
;; All some or none.
;NX_SetEVFl "SOI:Prc:Anal" 1
;NX_SetEVFl "SOI:Prc:Genital" 1
;NX_SetEVFl "SOI:Prc:Oral" 1
;NX_SetEVFl "SOI:Prc:Rough" 1
;NX_SetEVFl "SOI:Prc:Solo" 1

NX_SetEVFl "SOI:Prc:Anal" 1
NX_SetEVFl "SOI:Prc:Rough" 1

;NX_SetEVFl "SOI:Prc:Ass" 1 ;Likes butts.
;NX_SetEVFl "SOI:Prc:Chest" 1 ;Likes breasts/bare chest
;NX_SetEVFl "SOI:Prc:Legs" 1 ;Likes legs

NX_SetEVFl "SOI:Prc:Ass" 1
NX_SetEVFl "SOI:Prc:Chest" 0
NX_SetEVFl "SOI:Prc:Legs" 1

;; One or none of these.
;NX_SetEVFl "SOI:Prc:Dominant" 1
;NX_SetEVFl "SOI:Prc:Submissive" 1

NX_SetEVFl "SOI:Prc:Dominant" 1

;; One or none of these.
;NX_SetEVFl "SOI:Prc:Prostitution" 1
;NX_SetEVFl "SOI:Prc:Solicitation" 1

;; Make proclivities sticky.
;; Manual Management REQUIRED!
;NX_SetEVFl "SOI:Prc:Manual" 1
;NX_SetEVFl "SOI:Prc:Indulge" 1
;NX_SetEVFl "SOI:Prc:Promiscuity" ;1-5

NX_SetEVFl "SOI:Prc:Manual" 1
NX_SetEVFl "SOI:Prc:Indulge" 1
NX_SetEVFl "SOI:Prc:Promiscuity" 1

;Set Included
;; Clear reserved if set.
;NX_ClrEVFl "SOI:Sys:Reserved" 2
;; Setting this will add them.
;NX_SetEVFl "SOI:Sys:Include" 1

NX_ClrEVFl "SOI:Sys:Reserved" 2
NX_SetEVFl "SOI:Sys:Include" 1

Next, I seemed to understand that once an NPC is "manually" managed, they become "static" in their "definition". This is a good thing so that they don't lose the proclivities and all the other preferences that we set, but would be no good if they also lost the other "dynamic" features of your mod, and couldn't acquire with time and gameplay.

My goal is to enforce a couple select settings on an NPC, but not to reduce the NPC to *only* these settings. Is that possible with how your mod presently works ? How should I go about on achieving that ?

Getting back to the example above, if I set an "ass" fetish at game start, would the NPC be ever forbidden to also acquire a "leg" or "chest" fetish throughout the game, because I didn't specify it ? Do I need to be 100% extensive when using the "manual" initialisation ? If so, which other settings did I forget in my template above that I probably want to set at a fresh start ?

EDIT : And while I'm at it, what do these lines do (when set at game start) :

NX_SetEVFl "SOI:Prc:Indulge" 1
NX_SetEVFl "SOI:Prc:Promiscuity" 1

?

2 hours ago, t3589 said:

I'll probably fix it up at some point and then hand it back out for improvement.  Anyone who picks it up would still have to wait on me to get the core fleshed out anyway.  No sense in working on it until then really, unless you just want to punish yourself.

I appreciate what you've done as it is though.  You went as far as you could imo.

Hello T!  I'm coming back to this mod in a few weeks.  I don't care if it has bugs, I want to try it out also!  Got a new computer and have been sexing up FO4 now, but Tale of Two Wastelands is next.

8 hours ago, LadyM said:

Hello T!  I'm coming back to this mod in a few weeks.  I don't care if it has bugs, I want to try it out also!  Got a new computer and have been sexing up FO4 now, but Tale of Two Wastelands is next.

Sweet.  Good to see familiar faces.  I haven't even played FO4 yet!

On 2/8/2018 at 11:19 PM, ljacquard said:

Back to FNV, and incidentally playing my favorite Sexout mod.

My install and first run-through yesterday went basically smooth like butter, except that I forgot to disable mods that enhance a bit too much explosions (mines in particular), which left me extremely frustrated (reloading all the time and meta-gaming). Balancing the game to one's tastes is really a delicate exercice in patience and compromises.

More importantly, I've got a question please : I'd like to use a template for an NPC, since I read in this thread (thank you, 7KeysCurtain!) that it was possible to do so now (and awesome job on that, by the way!). Would the template I've prepared below be correct (for a particular dominant female NPC that I have in mind, with another mod easily found on LL) ?

Reveal hidden contents

Next, I seemed to understand that once an NPC is "manually" managed, they become "static" in their "definition". This is a good thing so that they don't lose the proclivities and all the other preferences that we set, but would be no good if they also lost the other "dynamic" features of your mod, and couldn't acquire with time and gameplay.

My goal is to enforce a couple select settings on an NPC, but not to reduce the NPC to *only* these settings. Is that possible with how your mod presently works ? How should I go about on achieving that ?

Getting back to the example above, if I set an "ass" fetish at game start, would the NPC be ever forbidden to also acquire a "leg" or "chest" fetish throughout the game, because I didn't specify it ? Do I need to be 100% extensive when using the "manual" initialisation ? If so, which other settings did I forget in my template above that I probably want to set at a fresh start ?

EDIT : And while I'm at it, what do these lines do (when set at game start) :

Reveal hidden contents

?

You should be able to template them yes, but I don't know if the static stuff is still working.  There was a bunch of stuff I changed regarding setting unchangable settings.

I don't remember exactly, but they would probably acquire more fetishes.  The idea was that any settings 'not set' would be picked up and handled automatically by the system.  Further, some settings explicitly set by a template 'must change' as a result of certain interactions during the course of the game.

I think indulge had something to do with a temporary function.  Like a 'just this once I'll be kinky', or something to that affect.  I'm not sure what the other flag is.  I thought it was promicuitylvl, but maybe that's something different like a toggle.

That's what I remember. Not much help I know, but that's the old version. lol

EDIT: I remember now.  Indulge means they party.  Also, setting the SOI:Prc:Manual flag should make all or most of their proclivities static, I think.

1 hour ago, psyseed said:

How to make Powder Gangers, Legion etc bisexual? Sexout settings are set as bi for males,mixed orientation enabled and that seems isn't enough for characters to approach :confused: I'm playing as male character.

This mod doesn't read from the Sexout orientation for NPCs, only the PC.  You could set them explicitly (NX_SetEVFl "SOI:Ornt:Bisexual" 1).  Wtih Mixed Orientation set, only 12% of same sex NPCs will be compatible.  What is your PCs orientation set to?

It's centered around compatibility, not orientation.  For example with Mixed Orientation set:

- If the player is gay, 12% same sex NPCs will be hetero.

- If the player is hetero, 12% same sex NPCs will be gay.

- If the player is bi, everyone is already compatible as far as the player is concerned.  But bi was left out on this setting so the orientation had somewhere to go with the 'change orientation' function.  Because on bi orientation the only incompatibles would be same sex hetero.

There is no bi chance for Mixed Orientation same sex NPCs.  However, if the player is bi and Match Orientation is set, then NPCs will also become bi.  The emphasis being on compatibility, not orientation.

In other words, you don't need an NPC to be bi, you just need them to be compatible or not.  The only reason you would need them to be bi, would be something like 'Have the NPC come on to the male player and their female companion'.  Which was never really fleshed out (companion tracking).

EDIT: I'm exploring new options regarding this in the new one.  For example, I've been playing with the idea that the player could at any time change their orientation.  So, gay NPC hits on hetero player.  Hetero player then decides to become bi curious and changes their orientation to bi.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick notice.  Progress is being made.  Things and stuffs are all in motion and such.  Testing the base framework engine now.  I'll probably have a new copy of the base mod.... soonish, maybe?  Though I'll still need to create a test dialog mod before it becomes playable, as the base engine does nothing by itself.

Stay tuned.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, ljacquard said:

Is that a new version I'm spotting !?

Thank you, t3589!

Is there a changelog somewhere ? I'm probably missing something, but I can't select the changelog.txt file from your download page.

EDIT : New dancing idles in DataV8. Interesting!

They're not new, but they do fix dance anims jumping around.  Some mods (NVRedesigned and YUP for instance) install edited versions that cause the loop/reset jump at the end of playing the animation.

The changelog.txt was always included in the posted copy.  That line is just a reference to the included file.

As for the new version, it's been sitting in the second post for a couple weeks now.  There won't be a changelog for it for some time, though the documentation is included now (mostly placeholders atm).

So quick question. What does force topic mean? Is the NPC forcing a conversation with the PC? I started a new game, just to test it out and there's this particular NPC that is so damn annoying. Not in a bad way mind you, but more of a constantly stalking and doing the Force topic thing, with desire topic mixed in occasionally. I do remember in the previous version, force was akin to some sort of sexual assualt. Anyways, the NPC starts doing it, the second I step into the space that they occupy. Or is it just a placeholder for some other action not implemented yet?  I just wasn't sure quite what to make of it.

31 minutes ago, dark_lotus said:

So quick question. What does force topic mean? Is the NPC forcing a conversation with the PC? I started a new game, just to test it out and there's this particular NPC that is so damn annoying. Not in a bad way mind you, but more of a constantly stalking and doing the Force topic thing, with desire topic mixed in occasionally. I do remember in the previous version, force was akin to some sort of sexual assualt. Anyways, the NPC starts doing it, the second I step into the space that they occupy. Or is it just a placeholder for some other action not implemented yet?  I just wasn't sure quite what to make of it.

The copy in the second post is a test build of the new engine.  It is ONLY an engine, and it doesn't do a whole lot by itself.  Until I build the dialog esp to go with it, the only real way to test it is to enter commands into the console.  It is NOT playable without the dialog esp (which I am very close to starting on).

You are correct.  The force topic is the gateway for assault dialog.  If there were a dialog.esp, you would have been presented with the assault attempt dialog and response options to select from.

As it stands the test build will probably only be useful to modders, or those with some degree of technical know how.

31 minutes ago, t3589 said:

The copy in the second post is a test build of the new engine.  It is ONLY an engine, and it doesn't do a whole lot by itself.  Until I build the dialog esp to go with it, the only real way to test it is to enter commands into the console.  It is NOT playable without the dialog esp (which I am very close to starting on).

You are correct.  The force topic is the gateway for assault dialog.  If there were a dialog.esp, you would have been presented with the assault attempt dialog and response options to select from.

As it stands the test build will probably only be useful to modders, or those with some degree of technical know how.

Gotcha. I've played with the commands, and for what it's worth, the test version feels smoother in the way things are processed. Even if it's just attributed to it just being the engine, the scaled back soi console is definitely a plus.

5 hours ago, dark_lotus said:

Gotcha. I've played with the commands, and for what it's worth, the test version feels smoother in the way things are processed. Even if it's just attributed to it just being the engine, the scaled back soi console is definitely a plus.

Complexity precedes simplicity!

• 1 month later...

What factors in to a stalker NPC, successfully breaking into the PCs home? This playthrough, was the first time I ever had that attempt happen. But it failed every time the NPCs tried it. There's at least 5 different NPCs actively trying to break in every so often, and none of them has ever succeeded. Is it just random chance, or is it based on the NPCs own stats vs the PCs?

About the prostitution aspect, how does that work, exactly? I have about 20 or so patrons, but no one marked as a client. They all know my PC is a prostitute, complete with a pimp, and approach every so often for it, but I'm not sure what else is supposed to happen. This is the first time I've tried this part out, and I read quite a few pages back, something about customizing wages or something to do with radios and setting up services?

Sorry if I'm being a bit dense, but I just didn't know what to expect or what leads up to certain things happening.

On 4/26/2018 at 11:30 PM, dark_lotus said:

What factors in to a stalker NPC, successfully breaking into the PCs home? This playthrough, was the first time I ever had that attempt happen. But it failed every time the NPCs tried it. There's at least 5 different NPCs actively trying to break in every so often, and none of them has ever succeeded. Is it just random chance, or is it based on the NPCs own stats vs the PCs?

About the prostitution aspect, how does that work, exactly? I have about 20 or so patrons, but no one marked as a client. They all know my PC is a prostitute, complete with a pimp, and approach every so often for it, but I'm not sure what else is supposed to happen. This is the first time I've tried this part out, and I read quite a few pages back, something about customizing wages or something to do with radios and setting up services?

Sorry if I'm being a bit dense, but I just didn't know what to expect or what leads up to certain things happening.

Lockpicking I think.

Nothing else that I can remember.  I'm not sure I understand the question?

On 4/28/2018 at 12:42 AM, t3589 said:

Lockpicking I think.

Nothing else that I can remember.  I'm not sure I understand the question?

Sorry, I went rambling a bit. If you're referring to me asking about the prostitution part of the mod: How does the prostitution part of this mod work exactly? I have a ton of patrons, pimp, and they all know the PC is a prostitute, and approach the PC consistently. I read quite a few pages back, that once you get Clients, you're able to customize wages-like some other option would be available on the terminal. I wasn't sure how it worked, since I haven't gotten that option yet, or if it was still an in mod feature. No NPC has been tagged as a Client, if the debug info is accurate. They just get labeled as a Patron. Unless Patron is the same thing as Client and I'm just confusing the two.

I'm absolutely terrible at explaining what I'm asking, and I apologize if I give you a headache with my cluelessness!

On 4/29/2018 at 7:31 PM, dark_lotus said:

Sorry, I went rambling a bit. If you're referring to me asking about the prostitution part of the mod: How does the prostitution part of this mod work exactly? I have a ton of patrons, pimp, and they all know the PC is a prostitute, and approach the PC consistently. I read quite a few pages back, that once you get Clients, you're able to customize wages-like some other option would be available on the terminal. I wasn't sure how it worked, since I haven't gotten that option yet, or if it was still an in mod feature. No NPC has been tagged as a Client, if the debug info is accurate. They just get labeled as a Patron. Unless Patron is the same thing as Client and I'm just confusing the two.

I'm absolutely terrible at explaining what I'm asking, and I apologize if I give you a headache with my cluelessness!

It's not you.  It's because I haven't touched the copy you're playing for a long long time.  Programmers tend to forget what they've done as soon as they've moved on.  Mix that in a pot with geting old, and here we are.

Once I get to that part in the new one I might be able to answer.  Until then, you probably know more about the old copy than I do because you're playing it.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

• 2 weeks later...

T, I've been playing the old version of the mod and I'm really impressed.  This, even if unfinished, is great fun.  I play exclusively as a male MC (with female NPCs) which I think limits me from some of the interactions, but it's still a very enjoyable mod.  I actually quite like the conversational abstractions (well, when I can understand their intent at least) as it allows me to imagine the conversations my own way but without dictating the outcomes.

I'm looking forward to the new version.  I'd test the current release of it except I'm avoiding console use as this is my first F:NV play-through, so I'll have to await the conversational component. 

Thanks for all the work you've put into this unique project.

On 5/10/2018 at 6:44 PM, Gumbercules said:

T, I've been playing the old version of the mod and I'm really impressed.  This, even if unfinished, is great fun.  I play exclusively as a male MC (with female NPCs) which I think limits me from some of the interactions, but it's still a very enjoyable mod.  I actually quite like the conversational abstractions (well, when I can understand their intent at least) as it allows me to imagine the conversations my own way but without dictating the outcomes.

I'm looking forward to the new version.  I'd test the current release of it except I'm avoiding console use as this is my first F:NV play-through, so I'll have to await the conversational component. 

Thanks for all the work you've put into this unique project.

You're quite welcome.  I enjoy working on it.

The dialog esp is now included with the test build.  It is by no means complete.  I wouldn't call it playable, but it should allow some degree of non-console testing for those who are interested.

Going to try and get TTW working this weekend for the first time.  I'm not really interested in playing FO3, but evidently TTW is where it's at.  Not sure what it will do for my game exactly.  At least I'll be able to test things in it soon.  Just thought I'd mention it.