New to LL.com and modding

Marf

Hi, this is my 1st post.

I've been using the default Skyrim for about 6 months. I only got interested in modding since I bought the 3 official game extensions (Dragonborn etc) last week.

I put my first LL dot com follower in last night, a big achievement on my part. Really cool!

Is there a guide somewhere for a complete noobs explaining the very basics such as removing NPC follower clothing etc? I see a lot of tutorials for more advanced procedures but I haven't found the simple things.

Thanks in advance and for letting me in your community.

-Marf

How about we go for the most basic of basic, and go from there?

The above five files (four mods and one installer) provide the basic framework for all Loverslab mods, as well as a great many others.

Pay attention to their own requirements - for example, sexlab animation framework requires FNIS Creature Pack.

To actually get any animations in-game, you'll also need some animations. Zaz animations is used by lots of mods here:

Then add this:

This "sexlab matchmaker" is, pretty much the most basic of all the sexlab mods. Cast a spell on a target or targets (can cast on self too) and let sex begin.

I'd also recommend a nude skin - I personally use UNP mostly and UNPB lately, but there are lots of good ones out there. I'd suggest either UNP (or one of its variants) or CBBE, as they are generally the two most common, with lots of good resources including clothing and armor mods.

That's about it for the most basic of basics... once you've played around with these for a while, head on to:

Which is a fairly comprehensive index of all sexlab sex mods of sexiness and sex and I'm apparently getting paid by the word here, so I'll just finish up:

Most of the hard work for installing LL mods is already done, and most of the rest is just pop the files into your data directory and play.

Have fun, and good luck avoiding that terrible "sticky keyboard" problem that affects so many of us.

• 3 weeks later...

If you're absolutely new to modding it's best to start at the beginning before you jump into the SexLab framework and anything that has extensive scripts. Learning how to install things properly and figuring out proper load orders and how they affect your game and such will help you in the long run as you add more and more mods to your game.

I recommend using a tutorial from S.T.E.P. to get started. You won't necessarily use everything that they recommend in the tutorial but it explains a lot of things to help you get your game running smoothly and why they're helpful. Ini file tweaks, configurations, mod cleaning, texture optimizing... I didn't know about half of that stuff until I started doing some research. I've got a six year old PC and run over 150 mods without any real problems. I can't say I'd be doing nearly so well if I hadn't looked into S.T.E.P.

I have to agree, starting out with sexlab mods may be a tad ambitious.

There was one person who wanted to jump right into Sanguine's Debauchery, and there's a whole big list of dependencies and tasks that have to be done in order for that one to work. Just listing the prerequisites and all of their own prerequisites can make for an intimidating list.

Archived