[WIP] Berserk "Blackswordsman" armor. From Zenl.

ReMeDy

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/531247-wip-berserk-guts-armor/

This armor has been in the making since mid January, so it's old news, but regardless, this needs its own topic. If this armor is released, it will be one of the finest armors I've ever seen. The amount of detail is ridiculous. I don't know how he expects to get the hand-cannon to work, and frankly, I don't expect him to, but considering someone got flintlock pistols into Skyrim, nothing is impossible.

If you can't wait, for now, these two armors are the next best thing:

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=4911 (Eferas)

http://bagserk.blogspot.com/2012_01_01_archive.html (from Skeleton K and Bagserk)

post-205-13597873051724_thumb.jpg

Zenl is a friend of mine and he send me the first obj files in order to add this armor in game, but I'm having great difficulties at skinning and wieghting it. The armor is still not textured, exept for normal maps.

Anyone can help me? I'm using Blender.

Did you already weight and skin it? Also, it seems you have the textures. Do you have the normals too? I'm guessing you know how to fix the .nif after export?

If that's all done, watch this video:

If you don't know how to fix the nif after export, search the Blender import/export tutorial in the nexus.

Did you already weight and skin it? Also' date=' it seems you have the textures. Do you have the normals too? I'm guessing you know how to fix the .nif after export?

If that's all done, watch this video:

If you don't know how to fix the nif after export, search the Blender import/export tutorial in the nexus.

[/quote']

As I said before...

Zenl is a friend of mine and he send me the first obj files in order to add this armor in game' date=' but [u']I'm having great difficulties at skinning and weighting it[/u]. The armor is still not textured, exept for normal maps.

Anyone can help me? I'm using Blender.

I already have the normal maps, the textures are still in progress. I know how to import/export skyrim nifs with blender (using that tutorial), but it works with armors already in game, not with an obj without weight and skin. I followed the tutorial and made the skin partition as the tutorial said, but when I export it in nif format the skin partition missed from the files. And I don't know how to weight it.

I don't think he would like the idea of sending the armor around on internet, so I will not do it, sorry.

I copyed the weight from the nordplate armor, and now the skin partition is visible in the nif file. But the armor look like this in game. What I'm doing wrong?

screenshot36rz.jpg

Copy the weights from the male body.

Make sure not to edit the armor at all after you copied the weights. The only thing you could edit is the weighting itself. If you remove or add vertices, the vertex order gets fucked up and that happens. You can move vertices too, but I've had problems with that. Also, when you're done testing the weights, clear every parent from the mesh, erase the current armature and import a new one, with every part of the armor selected. From then on, don't touch ANYTHING.

Also make sure there are no blocks left to erase when exporting the nif (anything not being used, marked with a "O").

Delete anything not being used by the armor. Any extra armature in some layer? Delete that crap, save, reopen, until there are no extra blocks.

Make sure the nif, after you export, only has the main NiNode, and under it there's the bone NiNodes and the meshes NiTriShapes.

That's all I can tell you from experience without having the meshes themselves, since I wouldn't know if you're doing something wrong or not. I can tell you I always have random problems with that too, sometimes it doesn't even make any sense and clearing parent/parenting to a new armature works.

Zenl did it, not me. Still left a lot of work: weight must be correct (deformation during movements), textures are not finished and he must still work on skinny version and menù versions of each pieces of the armor (cuirass, boots, gauntlets and cape).

But the armor it's really awesome in game :P

screenshot49ov.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Zenl says there will be a first release in a day or two. All the armor without the gauntlets, because he needs to work on it still more. The cape can be equip and unequip, it doesn't use the amulet or the ring slot, so you can use everything at the same time.

gatsuk.jpg

parare.jpg

Superb. Man, this makes me want to start a Berserk total conversion mod so badly, but considering the Nexus wouldn't allow it and judging by all the CK bugs (NavMesh, imported NPC's, etc.) it's not worth my time, for now.

Zenl and me want to create a great mod that add more Berserk stuff and gameplay to Skyrim. A total convertion it's impossible without a team of 8 o 10 people (or it would take years of work). About the gameplay, like evil spirits that attack you at night, it's possible, but we need people that know how to work with the CK.

I also have an idea about the hand cannon, how to make it fire, but I'm not a real modder so I couldn't make it work with the CK.

ooo very nice Casca scar. Looking forward to seeing those on release.

In honor of the arrival of the new armor, I was bored and made a screenshot. The armor seals the deal -- as far as I'm concerned, I'm finally playing as Guts. Now it would be great if we could somehow build off the success with more characters, monsters, etc.

One thing I'd love to do is create a separate skill tree for Guts. Drawing inspirations from the manga/anime, skills could include insane boosts to stamina (any man who can kill 100 soldiers has lots of stamina!), heavy armor perks, rage abilities (even better if I can get the screen to turn red), etc.

I also have a ton of sound files from the anime already on hand for Guts replacement battle sounds. Mostly just grunts. I'll have that in the near future.

I'd also still love to do a shout parody voice replacement where he yells "GRIFFFFFFFFITTTTTTTH!!!" :P

Well, I'm working on adapting Casca's armor to CBBE, since the one I ported before isn't nice and doesn't have a working weight slider.

The problem is, I'm having problems with the skin weighting on the lowest weight not being exactly the same as the cloth and of course, it clips. I've been trying to fix it, but the weight slider screws up if I make too much changes to the model.

Here's some screenshots.

screenshot6fv.th.jpg screenshot5xm.th.jpg

There's a lot of stuff I want to change, but some of it is texturing and I don't think I'm very good at that.

If someone knows how to fix weighting/scale individual verts without messing up the vertex order, I'd be glad to know too.

If you're cool with it, maybe you and Zenl should team up. That Casca armor looks awesome enough as it is. If the only thing it needs is texturing, then Zenl could probably pop that one out.

From your screenshots, the armor looks close to perfect as far as I can tell, although I never understood all those weighting issues.

Yeah, well, it doesn't show in the screens because there the weight is set to the max.

But since I probably won't be fixing it because it gets screwed anyways, I guess I'll have to release it as it is right now. Maybe someone can give it a better weighting later.

Archived