[WIP] Monster Hunter Tri Weapons Mod

Well hello' date=' i don't know if you still come but i came across a strange thing in your mod.. some weapons just seem a little too big, though most of the time it's not really something important.. however with the ones using the jaggi sword 01 mesh, (soldier's dagger and commander dagger i believe) there is a REAL size problem..

I tried to see in the CK but couldn't solve anything, i also tried deactivating all my mods except yours, without success.. so i hope you will be able to help :) thanks in advance, and your mod is awesome

Wierd the scale must have been messed up somehow. Anyway I uploaded a fix. In case you want to custom edit the size of meshes later you can do it in the CK but you can also do it using a program called Nifskope.

And just to make sure people read my edit from a few posts back

"Edit: Look I know I said I would get around to it but I have had NO time to edit it and if you want you can do it and I will just throw up your esp. I will probably not have enough time to even do the bowguns when the update arrives so if someone is interested in taking up that job I could export all the models and textures so you can use them."

Thanks a lot for this fix Quibber ^^

A last question though, you said it was possible to edit the size in the CK, but may i ask how to do that? i tried searching for a tutorial, and searching in the CK myself, but while i did see a "size" column i didn't find how to actually mess with it..

Thanks a lot for this fix Quibber ^^

A last question though' date=' you said it was possible to edit the size in the CK, but may i ask how to do that? i tried searching for a tutorial, and searching in the CK myself, but while i did see a "size" column i didn't find how to actually mess with it..

[/quote']

Well I haven't used the scale changer in the CK on weapons so I am not sure if it will save the new scale after you pick it up but how that one works is by dropping an item into the environment then press 2 with it selected (I think it is 2) and you can drag the mouse to increase the size. (This only effects a singular item and while I thought I also saw another option for scale/size somewhere I cannot seem to find it in the CK now)

Alright, guess i'll use nifskope if i somehow need to resize some weapons then ^^ thanks Quibber =) also now i really wonder what the "size" column in the CK is for now..

And another thing i noticed is that the weapons don't seem to have blood effects on them when you hit and such.. i tried looking for a tutorial (again) and the only thing i found is a video which doesn't explain really well, and it seems to involve a bit of modeling and such so i guess i won't be able to try and put this in the weapons myself.. unless you know of an "easy" way perhaps? also sorry to bother you with my questions and such, it is the last one i promise ^^'

Alright' date=' guess i'll use nifskope if i somehow need to resize some weapons then ^^ thanks Quibber =) also now i really wonder what the "size" column in the CK is for now..

And another thing i noticed is that the weapons don't seem to have blood effects on them when you hit and such.. i tried looking for a tutorial (again) and the only thing i found is a video which doesn't explain really well, and it seems to involve a bit of modeling and such so i guess i won't be able to try and put this in the weapons myself.. unless you know of an "easy" way perhaps? also sorry to bother you with my questions and such, it is the last one i promise ^^'

[/quote']

That and collision are things that I did not do for the weapons (I rarely ever drop the weapons and the blood effects I don't care about). I did try to do both later on but I couldn't find any decent tutorials and when I got them done in 3ds max and exported through nifskope they would just crash the game so I stopped trying.

Yeah, i guess the only way would be to ask an experienced modder to write a tutorial about it.. i figured there are quite a bunch of things that are not really covered by tutorials, which is kinda sad :I well thanks a lot anyway for your answers Quibber :)

• 3 weeks later...

wanted to ask if your going to be adding in bows?

Sorry for the late reply and short answer: no I will not be adding them. As I said in an earlier post

"I will probably not have enough time to even do the bowguns when the update arrives so if someone is interested in taking up that job I could export all the models and textures so you can use them."

Gteat mod.I love Monster Hunter.

As the screenshot shows' date='the longswords is just to long,so they get into the ground.Is there a way to edit this?

Sorry for my poor english.

[/quote']

I am aware the weapons clip into the ground and from what I know there is no way to just rotate the weapon like that without them being held incorrectly. You could change the size of them manually but then you will probably have to switch the animation to greatsword for correct hand placement.

• 1 month later...

Do you have some free time to rip the gunbows? I'd like to try putting them in game. ;)

I am glad you decided to pick up where I left off :)

Here is a link to all the bowguns: http://www.mediafire.com/?34paiqg253bfuu0

I have the models ripped out and in md5 format(find a MD5 importer script for your 3d program online) and I have the textures as PNG. If you need any help I could convert some of the textures.

Excuse me' date='

I have a question.

I can't find the alatreon greatsword under dragon series.

Not only alatreon greatsword but also most greatsword were gone!

Disappear!

I use the 19.4 ver

Is that my problem?

[/quote']

About that... before I started this mod someone ripped and added the Great Swords but put smithing requirements on them and when he couldn't continue the project I picked up where he left off and merged our mods together but I never got around to removing them :/ sorry

Had a quick play in skyrim, and i see what you mean by the barrel blocking your sight in 1st person, but a 1st person model should solve that.

I'll rip the crossbow animations an try rigging some bowguns in max to see if they can be animated correctly.

Had a quick play in skyrim' date=' and i see what you mean by the barrel blocking your sight in 1st person, but a 1st person model should solve that.

I'll rip the crossbow animations an try rigging some bowguns in max to see if they can be animated correctly.

[/quote']

you do animations? O.O?

• 2 weeks later...