What games you want that .. don't even exist, but should?

jxm

Okay, in another thread I recently mad a threat to make a thread like this ... uh? Whatever...so, what are the games you are dreaming of that simply are not getting made? We get sequels to games, new franchises and even more sequels. But everytime you wonder: when will a company ever create a game like THIS! So let lose your fantasy and create it here, if you want...if not I'll use this thread to myself!

Okay, let's see...hmm...yeah:

AGE OF HYBORIA!

What's this? Well, a singleplayer (!) RPG based on the savage world the most iconic barbarian of them all lives: Hyboria. If you are not familiar with it: It's Earth, but tens of thousands of years before our times, when the continents were still connected together, dark magic was practiced by evil sorcerers, bandits, barbarians, monsters roamed the world, women barely wore more than a belt or loincloth around their shapely waists and got constantly abducted by evil priests to get sacrificed. To even this out Amazons (of course just as scantily clad) made a stand for pseudo-feminism and showed man-kind with edged swords who really is boss in the dawn of time

hyboria.jpg

Now I played for some years Age of Conan, which did quite a good job of bringing Hyboria to some kind of live...but it had one major flaw - it was an MMORPG (and not even the fact your female toons were bare-breasted could really even this out...). But ever since I played that multiplayer-game I wish someone would return to this world in a singleplayer-game.

The_Barbarian_by_Valzonline.jpg

My vision would be rather close to Skyrim, though with cities more on par with what the Witcher 3 showed us: Lively, busy, with hundreds of NPS roaming the streets (instead of just a handful). The world would be filled with dungeons, old ruins to explore, half-nude girls to save, half-nude barbarians to kill or fight alongside, terrifying demons summoned by age-old sorcerers...

Conan%20the%20Barbarian%20Wallpaper%2010

aoca9u31Cu2yKs4.jpg

It would, of course, not feature Conan as the only playable character - because its boring, is storywise maybe a bit problematic, and I prefer to play a red-headed barefoot barbarian amazon only clad in leather-strips ... actually that's the whole point!.

conan_the_barbarian_by_warballoon-d4m2xg

just imagine Skyrim, but now place it somewhere warmer, strip it of the Nord-ruins, replace them with older, even darker and stranger architecture. Add all the blood and killmoves-mods, and also add all the skimpy-armour-mods as well, and you get the ideas in my head. A mature game that's not shy to be sexy, not shy about chopping off heads and limbs...

conan-hyboria-castle.jpg?w=774

long.jpg

cid_014D5CC8-33B6-40EA-8319-7B0520E00D12

And of course it would be just as moddable as the Elder Scrolls Games, so all these half-nude men and women get something to do with their godlike bodies, other than dismember their enemies. Would also be funny to see such a game and without any need for an inital nude patch! :lol: Ah, a pity it probably will never be made, if only you could see the game in my head, it would be GLORIOUS!

"What is best in life?"

"To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentation of the women. That is best in life!"

My personal dream of a game in my own personal taste would be combining the aspects used in two game series and some from others xenogears not any other xeno games If any of the xenogames would be if xenoblade had combat never played it so that is all there. Next something on par with the aspects of stars wars but much much grander that much culture and legacy of info but on a grander grander scale talking about alt dimensions like chrono cross and time travel from the first game Chrone Trigger  but both more intensive such as something as say the X series the space game or eve but not 4X genere nope none of that at all.

But combat in the aspect of xenogears mech themed but powers and open world of skyrim and other things. Now mature themes included but the main goal of this down the line is the features of both morrowind and daggerfall but with the features of a Universe bigger than all of Nirn and the other planes combined and much bigger in scale than Star Wars galaxies was World of warcraft had or EVE online and so on. With themes of the witcher and the cyberpunk series and the modding features of many other games.

To say this would be proably the best game i can think of you can throw some of that stuff in Shadow run series and stuff like system shock without the augment and bio stuff in bioshock take out the steam punk and some Dues ex features to, Main thing is simlar to skryim in combat frist and third but more action based much more custom stuff. Say it would be much simlar to Two Human that deep or what was planned but proably the most ambitous game i can think of being on the scale i said and then no ending lol like the elder scrolls series. Now on character design more like the more custom free mmo's like aion that deep alittle of city of heros and the other one made by cryptic and some dc universe features as well. The end result would make a game that would make all those game concepts and designs the most story telling game I've seen one of the most mature that can pass on markets more moddable than GTA and any Beth game and even valve games. In other worlds it would make bioshock ininite and system shock 2 and Two human look goofy.

The concept is a game that is deep massive rich story telling easy to mod and easy play and combat and never ending. And much much more ambiotous than Infinte shock other wise Bioshock 3 is the name of that. Finnally no duke nukem 3D or To Human gimics as well and then no hype like Dai Katana or no flops like Deus EX 2 or the one that fell to a new low Deus ex the fall. in the end that would be the best dream of a game i hope for down  the line won't happen i assure you but still can dream. But why spend 500 million on some game coming out when some other game hyped did not push units. And last thing i forget is some elements from border lands not the first person only gimic or the cheap custom stuff nope the real thing i want is the random loot but not that it explodes on the ground that deep idea in drops but in customization and story telling and World depth the idea of how big of how many guns they have in that game is what i mean. That big of scale of game. if your looking for a idea of of this something i left out is like Omikron the Nomad soul. That idea but not that way. The mix of the genres would be simlar to that but that was ID Tech 3.

Much more ambitous engine than crytech or Unity or of course Unreal. Side note nobody ever brings up though on unreal 3 or what engine was used in gears is that the main characters Dom and so look like Jax from that mortal kombat game i will not mention. And funny to me on that is that was made by EPIC themselves. Last mention is i think Bioware did better on designs and many others than EPIC games has in many many years in their own studio. But that is all thanks for the idea though.And finnaly last thing is no gamebryo never and ever.

Long post will fix it later. Thanks hope i made it at least somewhat readable will put more work in it later though. Oh and forget will have no bears in it do not know where that came from though. Though some Connan themes would be nice to include. Not the 90s versions and on the mature themes think I would like go back to the 70's early 80s not Batman the Dark Knight or any miller gimics. For example see early marvel comics back in the 70's early 80's or side comics such as the Tales of the Crypt series tv show as well is a must watch though as well. Last comic series or thing i will mention is a very odd one from marvel years well from the time it was what else than the Son of mephisto.

Though not the series name but same thing and last is the more mature doctor strange comics. The one with the long hair no the one with the Darker themes the Spawn themed one. Last what else could i leave out is the early issues of Spawn and of course the long forgotten HBO series. Thanks On side note series of culture if you do not like how kiddy star wars is or the games execpt the stuff that was put in SWTOR will mention Battlefront for fun. And TOR series. But the real thing i will mention is the very very old Star wars Comics from marvel and many of the Dark Horse Comics. Few would suggest the first series from mavel. Things from other stuff is the dark horse comics on expanded universe. Bobba fett and Jabba comics are good. Last is the old school anicient Sith lord series well what the movies should of been.

Honorable mention and the oppisite Clone Wars orginal and the creator of the series other work Gendy Tarosky made first offical creation was Dexter's Labtory not the live action DEXTER series other is if you are a fan of the early conan films Jack series for the reason listen to the opening trailer. Now the bad mention the second Offical realeased series made by LUCAS himself same design that Gendy uses models but CGI YAY made with a movie with some idiot  who annoys me far far more than JAR JAR. This character is in the new series but the thing is does it matter that person is well not around in any future things so retcon. Not a spoiler on that but this character is not in any other lore outside of this much like that other game. To bad did not get to see the bounty hunter game i wanted like forever. Not the one we got back on the PS2.

Though done will fix and edit this serverally later so please no well you know its like not actual living hours here for me to be writing a novel or fanfiction or a script. Thanks

Title: 2159; The Return (working title/simple backstory)

It is 2159. The Mars Unity Colony, with a population of 13,024, has finally succeeded in fully terraforming the planet they live on. Food and air is plentiful, and everyone is working towards making Mars a New Earth. Contact with Old Earth was routine, and lasted for 27 years since the initial landing in 2026. After that, Earth's inhabitants had seemed to lose interest in the costly Colony, only trading news of world events by launched courier drones at two-month intervals. Then four months. Then one last courier in 2098 as The Consortium, the corporate-controlled world leaders, dissolved contact with the unprofitable Colony. The Unity president and staff had made efforts to re-establish communication, but eventually threw up their hands at the futile attempts. Until 2158.

A courier drone was picked up on a long-range scan, with no sender ID. The retrieval team noticed its battered, unshielded condition and immediately sent a TAT to Comtrol and Seccom. When downloaded, the only news it had was a corrupted vidfile, and a simple warning:

Do not return to Earth. Hell will greet you upon arrival.

Plot summary:  You are sent with a team to investigate Earth. Rogue defense satellites attack your ship and force a crash landing. You are the only survivor. Your character must find out what happened, find the remnants of humanity, and possibly return to Mars OR send a message back.

Details:  A fully, dangerously explorable Earth (think Fallout 3/NV) with Nanotechnology run amok. Severe weather patterns brought by damaged weather-controlling arial stations. Devastated cities and landscapes from the NanoWar(?) with some destructible components. Animals and humans mutated by Nanite infection, some possibly controlled by other humans or by machine intelligence. Side Missions are not simply hunt or fetch but, while intrinsicly tied to the entire storyline, will not stop self-exploration and are not linear in progression (you can pretty much do any of them anytime, and very few will require a mission completed first before another started). Choices you make can side you with either the Humans OR the MI Overmind.

Open, detailed characterization with both male and female, including all animations like facial expressions, walking, sitting, and others. Body, hair, and apparel physics. Fully customizeable UI, menus, sound, graphics, and even presets you can set for each character playthrough. Many toggles for character viewpoint, mission markers, Fast Travel and difficulty options. Completely moddable with a very comprehensive and user-friendly editor (no steep learning curve or PC Geek Nirvana).

Gameplay will be a blend of first-person or third person shooter with many options for stealth, combat and even NanoMage(?) skills. Enemies will use what YOU can use, or have certain abilities and skills of their own. Traps and ambushes, even dangerous terrain can be tricky to detect and neutralize, if not careful. And the combat and out-of-combat AI will be extensive and random for encounters (NPCs and creatures will actually do their own thing, even run away if necessary).

Well, all I have for now. Work intrudes once again.

I'm going to focus on the functional aspect only, since that is (to me) the most important part of a game.

The game I'd like to see is a competitive remake of the ancient Magic & Mayhem. I believe the strategic depth found in such a game would be pretty much unrivaled by anything we have today. Especially if players got random (identical) magical components at the start of a match.

Could also have a team mode where each team gets a pool of magical components and needs to distribute them among the team members. The strategic possibilities are, again, pretty much endless.

Western SOLO RPG aka Skyrim(prolly Witcher 3 is even better).

100% made for PC with full DX11 specs not a dumb down console crap or made for ancient pc and laptops.

I want full advatage of desktop power with realistic AI and sounds voice not crappy skyrim AI and voices.

Wish there was a RPG based on cowboys indians stagecoach steamtrain robbers cattle drivers horses wild horses to tame,boars wolves bears mountain lions, ranches, saloons, guns rifles gathlin bows speers daggers axes,  in a western settings in game like skyrim open world free to play and moddable so we can have some nice indian nude girlsin there pointty tents.

But realistic not with magic or uber weapons or auto aim fucking crap not with fantasy animals just plain old realistic western suited in sandbox world and open with freedom like skyrim.

Also settings with real realistic difficullty not like skyrim even legendary is easy bah :(

Im bit sick and tired of always same subject Dragons elfs trolls orcs dwarfs fuck them :angry:

100% made for PC with full DX11 specs not a dumb down console crap or made for ancient pc and laptops.

I want full advatage of desktop power with realistic AI and sounds voice not crappy skyrim AI and voices.

Wish there was a RPG based on cowboys indians stagecoach steamtrain robbers cattle drivers horses wild horses to tame,boars wolves bears mountain lions, ranches, saloons, guns rifles gathlin bows speers daggers axes,  in a western settings in game like skyrim open world free to play and moddable so we can have some nice indian nude girlsin there pointty tents.

But realistic not with magic or uber weapons or auto aim fucking crap not with fantasy animals just plain old realistic western suited in sandbox world and open with freedom like skyrim.

Also settings with real realistic difficullty not like skyrim even legendary is easy bah :(

Im bit sick and tired of always same subject Dragons elfs trolls orcs dwarfs fuck them :angry:

I agree.  This would be AWESOME.    A good RL friend of mine and I have talked about this numerous times, and how cool it would be if a game exactly as you describe, existed.

I really want a remake of Red Dead Revolver made in the style of Redemption. Redemption's a great game, and Revolver has potential, but Revolver seems like much less care went into making it. Difficulty is ridiculous in most of the levels, and the controls are... Questionable, but it is a PS2 game, so it's understandable.
Revolver with Redemption's gameplay would be absolutely great.

That would be so cool. Don't forget the brothel :)

That would be so cool. Don't forget the brothel :)

Yes those saloons need hookers and gambling(poker playing) cowboys.

I realy don't understand why there still no open free roaming western game out there for PC ala SKYRIM(or soon The Witcher 3)?

I realy would love a good western game also get rid of those damn fantasy elves-orcs-dwarfs and dragons.

WARHAMMER TOTAL WAR!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously since Sega have the Warhammer license-y thing all they need to do is give it to the creative assembly (who create the total war games) to fuse the best RTS games with a game that has one of the most extensive backgrounds there is.

Also an HD remaster (or hell even just a re-release on Steam) of FFIX, Square Enix could have all my money if they did that.

I wish there was a game that would combine the mod-ability of Skyrim, with the ease of use of something like the Sims, and have the ability to create any environment that you wanted.

Lets call it,  Build-a-World (your own personal fantasy land)

Specifics-

-Open World, sandbox like Bethesda games

-Can terraform and build the world easily, like you can do in the Rollercoaster Tycoon type games.

-Can build structures and buildings easily, like in the Sims (not ever  played it, just going on what I think it is like)

-Can easily script npcs to react either a general personality, or IF "this", then do/say "this".

-Can easily create characters both , pc and npc

-Can mod, and share those mods with each other

-All this, with not only third person zoom out, but also first person viewable body, Oculus VR support

Yeah, this would be the ultimate game.

I wish there was a game that would combine the mod-ability of Skyrim, with the ease of use of something like the Sims, and have the ability to create any environment that you wanted.

Lets call it,  Build-a-World (your own personal fantasy land)

Specifics-

-Open World, sandbox like Bethesda games

-Can terraform and build the world easily, like you can do in the Rollercoaster Tycoon type games.

-Can build structures and buildings easily, like in the Sims (not ever  played it, just going on what I think it is like)

-Can easily script npcs to react either a general personality, or IF "this", then do/say "this".

-Can easily create characters both , pc and npc

-Can mod, and share those mods with each other

-All this, with not only third person zoom out, but also first person viewable body, Oculus VR support

Yeah, this would be the ultimate game.

That my friend, was called second life, and was out for some years.

City of Heroes crossed with Asheron's Call and Red Light Center ... and maybe Left 4 Dead, in a world that actually reacts to what you're doing, how you're doing it and how well it's going.

Wing Commander with full modern 3D stuff, dynamic lighting, locational hits and so on and, crucially, without the branch-point mission whose briefing you may recognise:

Three months ago, a vital resupply mission was planned. A transport ship with lousy shield, lousy manoeuvrability and no weapons will be making a jump to our sector, carrying supplies without which we'll have to abandon our entire operation. Three weeks ago, the Kilrathi found out about it. They know what it's carrying, how important it is and where and when it'll exit from hyperspace. They're bound to try to ambush it. Three days ago, we found out that they knew. That's why we're here, on the other side of an asteroid field from where the ship will arrive, and have waited until now to tell you about this mission. There's just enough time for you to fly straight to the rendezvous point at full speed without stopping or diverting for any reason and get there at the same time as the transport. {Player Name} and Maniac {who never follows plans or orders}, you are to take off, fly to this asteroid field, clear it of enemy fighters, continue to the RV point, clear the ambushers there before the transport ship arrives, which it will have done while you were clearing the asteroid field, escort the transport back through the asteroid field, fighting off whatever additional Kilrathi forces may show up along the way and escort it back to the Tiger's Claw. The future of human presence in this sector of the galaxy depends on your success in this mission. The rest of you, go back to bed.

WARHAMMER TOTAL WAR!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously since Sega have the Warhammer license-y thing all they need to do is give it to the creative assembly (who create the total war games) to fuse the best RTS games with a game that has one of the most extensive backgrounds there is.

Uh yeah ... though I am still worried they might use the license to make another "Mark of chaos" like game, with "armies" that have like five units with a hundred men each. No, I want HUGE armies, that invoke the feeling off Warhammer-Artwork. Massive hordes of Chaos-warriors clashin with the disciplined lines of my imperial soldiers ... dust and smoke and fire and blood fills the air, bloody melee ensues and brutal magic tears men and beasts asunder...

I am still undecided yet if I really want a "Total Warhammer" though...and if when should it take place? Maybe during the "Magnus"-era? The Empire is torn apart and you have to first unite it .. with diplomacy and by force of arms, all the while chaos grows stronger and threatens Kislev, Ork-Hordes grow bolder and finally the Storm of Chaos is unleashed...would be a great era, when mankind still had to learn their first magics from the elves and dwarves were a bit stronger...

But if the go the "smaller" route ... then please take a lesson from Shadow of the horned rat and Dark Omen...with great characters like Morgan ernhardt and his posse ... they were so memorable

City of Heroes crossed with Asheron's Call and Red Light Center ... and maybe Left 4 Dead, in a world that actually reacts to what you're doing, how you're doing it and how well it's going.

Wing Commander with full modern 3D stuff, dynamic lighting, locational hits and so on and, crucially, without the branch-point mission whose briefing you may recognise:

Three months ago, a vital resupply mission was planned. A transport ship with lousy shield, lousy manoeuvrability and no weapons will be making a jump to our sector, carrying supplies without which we'll have to abandon our entire operation. Three weeks ago, the Kilrathi found out about it. They know what it's carrying, how important it is and where and when it'll exit from hyperspace. They're bound to try to ambush it. Three days ago, we found out that they knew. That's why we're here, on the other side of an asteroid field from where the ship will arrive, and have waited until now to tell you about this mission. There's just enough time for you to fly straight to the rendezvous point at full speed without stopping or diverting for any reason and get there at the same time as the transport. {Player Name} and Maniac {who never follows plans or orders}, you are to take off, fly to this asteroid field, clear it of enemy fighters, continue to the RV point, clear the ambushers there before the transport ship arrives, which it will have done while you were clearing the asteroid field, escort the transport back through the asteroid field, fighting off whatever additional Kilrathi forces may show up along the way and escort it back to the Tiger's Claw. The future of human presence in this sector of the galaxy depends on your success in this mission. The rest of you, go back to bed.

I've often wanted a single player version of City of Heroes, where you are the only hero, and the world reacts to you like these games!

I haven't posted that here, because Saints Row 4 comes very close.   I didn't realize till I played it, that you get superpowers.

Also, regarding Wing Commander, not sure what your quote refers to.   If it refers to Star Citizen, then my apologies.  If it doesn't, then you should definitely check out Star Citizen.  ;)

The game I want, that should exist, but probably never will and is based on the old table-top RPG "Space 1889" but with added magic. Bascially magical steampunk.

The initial setting is a single city, but fully open world sandbox. Later expansions would add other regions like the Nile, other cities or even the steamy jungles of Venus or the trackless deserts of Mars.

The game would play sort of like a victorian "boy's (or girl's) own adventure" full of daring-do, moustache-twirling villains and ancient mysteries.

Archived