Forehead Mismatch - Player Character

MignonSteak

Hello there,

After inspecting my character, I noticed that there seems to be a forehead seam above the brow. I do not believe that this is a CK NPC forehead problem or a load order issue. (I run BOSS frequently to check load issues). This does not appear on any other NPC. What can be done to fix this?

Thanks, 

post-446884-0-60646500-1409212698_thumb.jpg

post-446884-0-84995500-1409222878_thumb.jpg

That seem is likely caused by facial expressions software. I do not know exactly which mod would be causing it, nor how to fix it, but at least you can have working facial expressions?

Actually, it might be calling upon old data: Have you ran FNIS recently? If not, I suggest doing so.

Hey,

I used FNIS and Loot along with TESV Edit to smooth out any issues regarding the load order. I also reset and cleaned the Sexlab framework (which has facial expressions built in). I reset cleaned, and also stopped any current animations from running. Overall, the animations tab of Sexlab Framework now has default options (meaning that the facial animations option has been unchecked). 

In conclusion, the seam is still visible on the forehead of my character. 

Is this seam normal for sexlab framework to work, or is it a rare graphical oddity as described by the errata of the facial expression option within the animation tab.

That seem is likely caused by facial expressions software. I do not know exactly which mod would be causing it, nor how to fix it, but at least you can have working facial expressions?

Actually, it might be calling upon old data: Have you ran FNIS recently? If not, I suggest doing so.

I love your optimism btw.

*breaks out wizard hat and wand*

SHA ~ FUCKING ~ ZHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM

*poof*

Update.esm
Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp
Dawnguard.esm
Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp
HearthFires.esm
Dragonborn.esm
Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp
ApachiiHair.esm
RaceCompatibility.esm
ClimatesOfTamriel.esm
moonpath.esm
Schlongs of Skyrim - Core.esm
SexLab.esm
TERAArmors.esm
RSkyrimChildren.esm
HighResTexturePack01.esp
HighResTexturePack02.esp
HighResTexturePack03.esp
prostitutes.esp
SexLabMatchMaker.esp
Silverupgrade.esp
SkyUI.esp
Black Mage Armor.esp
FlameAtronachArmor.esp
FullBootForKKSA.esp
Futanarium.esp
Ivy Valentine Armor.esp
Magicka Sabers.esp
Neo's Scouter Set.esp
NewmillerCasualBikiniUNP2.esp
NewmillerShoesUNP.esp
NewVampChainsCuirass.esp
nightshade_armor_UNPB.esp
moonpath_questdata.esp
db-nightshade-replacer.esp
Schlongs of Skyrim.esp
SOS - B3lisario UNP Addon.esp
SOS - VectorPlexus Regular Addon.esp
Realistic Lighting Overhaul - Weathers - Brighter Nights.esp
RLO - Adaptive Interiors Vanilla Weathers Patch.esp
RLO - Major City Exteriors - No Guard Torches.esp
Realistic Lighting Overhaul - Brighter Dungeons.esp
ClimatesOfTamriel-Dragonborn-Patch.esp
CoT-WeatherPatch.esp
CoT-WeatherPatch_DB.esp
HentaiCreatures.esp
FNISspells.esp
SexAddict.esp
ApachiiHairStyles.esp
ApachiiHairStylesELVES.esp
TheEyesOfBeauty.esp
CharacterMakingExtender.esp
dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.esp
EnhancedCharacterEdit.esp
GreenWaterFix_v2withDawnguard.esp
BarenziahQuestMarkers.esp
FollowerElf.esp
FollowerEmily.esp
SMIM-DragonbornTernFix.esp
MoreNastyCritters.esp
Mehrune's Razor Remodeled.esp
SMIM-ShackRoofFixesDragonborn.esp
RSChildren_DB.esp
RSChildren_V.esp
RSChildren_HF.esp
SexLabNudeCreaturesDG.esp
SexLabNudeCreaturesDB.esp
SMIM-DungeonsCliffsIceSkirts.esp
SMIM-FarmhouseFlickeringFix.esp
SMIM-FurnitureChestSnowFix.esp
SMIM-ShackRoofFixes.esp
animal_mansion.esp
SofiaFollower.esp
SexLab Slut Shout.esp
The Stamford.esp
Yui0820.esp

In short, Im using SG face texture, ECE, and Apachii SkyHair. In addition, I'm also added the Apachii Skyhair fix (for bretons and humans...which didnt change anything). 

*puts back wizard hat and wand*
*tilts head sideways in confusion*

Bear with my thought process here. I'm thinking "out loud". I'm not able to download from Nexus this evening because my internet connection is dog freaking slow. So I can't pull the mod to look at the directory structure. Most race mods include the face textures in the unique path for the rest of the textures for the mod. But there are a few that don't. So I don't know which category Futanarium falls into. SG Face Texture Renewal requires that the femalehead.nif from ECE is installed. This is going to be skyrim\data\textures\actors\character\female by default. But if the Futanarium mod puts the head textures in the unique path where the body textures are located, you may have to copy the femalehead.nif file from ECE to wherever the Futanarium mod puts these textures. Since the Futanarium race only works for the character unless you alter NPCs to use it, then only the PC is going to show this distortion. The female NPCs will look completely normal. Does that make sense?

Hey,

First, Futanarium is a "toggle" spell that allows you to choose a preset UNP / CBBE body. I had this toggled on/ off a long time ago, and have never used it since. Could it be that the femalehead.dds from futanarium did not transfer correctly? If that is so it would make sense to copy the femalehead.dds from the default texture folder and replace it with the femalehead.dds in the Futanarium folder. This would require that i use Futanarium change race spell to UNP , and back again to "normal"

Unless of course this is the other way around, if the current forehead texture i see on my character is from Futanarium and the femalehead.dds in the Futanarium is the file from ECE.

In this case the Forehead seam should be immediately fixed.

Note 1:

i found the directory for Futanarium i believe.

skyrim/data/textures/actors/character/futanarium/unp

Note 2:

When you mean by femalehead.nif do you actually mean femalehead.dds?

Note 3: 

On closer inspection, skyrim/data/textures/actors/character/futanarium/unp does not have a femalehead.dds. This rectifies my assumptions that Futanarium is just a temporary BODY replacer.

The files in question for me is the Enchanced File, and Female File

Note 4:

I replaced femalehead.dds in Enchanced file with the one found in Female file, and vice versa.

Neither had a effect on the forehead seam.

In other news, i uninstalled SG textures to see if something is wrong with the face texture. Uninstalling reverted the Breton character to an ugly version with forehead wrinkles. I reinstalled SG textures after.

Furthermore, i used showracemenu to make sure that it wasnt a race specific error. I found forehead seams on all races, even the YGnord variant provided by the author.

Note 5:

Tried other face textures, Women of Skyrim etc. The forehead seam still appears on all face texture variants.

Actually it's both. It's a Futanari race that allows you to toggle between the body types. I was finally able to download it and it looks like the mod only contains the body and not the head. It relies on whatever mod you use (in this case SG Texture Renewal) to create the face in the default locations.

SG Texture Renewal requires that you use the femalehead.nif file that comes with ECE - http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/35267/?

Nif files are models. They determine the shape of objects. It's not a texture. The nif files are in meshes, I copied the wrong path in my earlier post. They're located in skyrim\data\meshes\actors\character\character assets.  The femalehead.dds file comes from SG Textures and is located in the skyrim\data\textures\actors\character\female and they end in .dds.

Since you use ECE, you might try reinstalling it. Then look to be sure that femalehead.nif is located in skyrim\data\meshes\actors\character\character assets. Then see if the issue is still coming up.

I'm back,

I reinstalled ECE fresh from the Nexus. I went to skyrim\data\meshes\actors\character\ character assets and verified that the femalehead.nif has been subsittuted (I verified by the time of the edit shown with detailed view). I loaded the game and used showracemenu. The new femalehead.nif still has the seam on the forehead.

In addition, i used glosstech to highlight the seam just in case any viewer passes by. It appears that even Glosstech has trouble finding the mesh for my character's forehead.

post-446884-0-61997900-1409382457_thumb.jpg

Update:

I went back to CK, to try to manually inspect the forehead seam.

Previously, the interpolation value of uppereyelids.dds was always set at 0, so i didn't know what to change.

Apparently, the interpolation value of the lips was set at 1, so changing THAT to 0 allowed me to see an immediate change in the preview window. I modified bretonfemale preset 5 to be the new esp.

the new esp currently works, but i realized that changing the facial structure and attributes reverts the forehead seam

Overall, I don't believe there is a permanent fix for this problem. Using CK to change all Face Gen attributes interpolation values to 0 WILL in fact fix the forehead seam, but the forehead seam will revert once you begin extensive modifications to the face. For example, using Apachii sky hair to change the default hairstyles to the new Sky Hair will cause a forehead seam to appear. I currently do not know if Apachii Sky Hair alone causes this forehead seam problem, or if the combination of textures and other character mods will result in a forehead seam.

Archived