Converting to Skyrim - arms/hands position

JRCosta

Hello there.

Not sure if this is in the right place  as it is not a technical problem, more a tip/advising search.

When converting some armor mods from Oblivion to Skyrim using 3DSMax, my most time-wasting (and frustrating) task is getting the objects covering the arms and hands parts to wrap properly, moving from a T position (Oblivion) to an Idle (Skyrim).

I use rotate/moving the object manually and I was wondering if there is a technique to speed up this process or at least make it easier or accurate.

I have searched around and this looks a solution, but couldn't understand the technique.

There is also this thread here at LL, but it is the inverse (Skyrim to Oblivion) and using Blender.

Anyone knows a tutorial or knows/use a good technique and is willing to share the knowledge? :)  

Thank you.

The quickest way is to first import this skeleton http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/7119/?

Then the oblivion armour and then collapse the modifier stack on all the meshs.

Delete the oblivion skeleton from the scene, and then import a skyrim skeleton and then the body you want to fit it to.

Its not not perfect but it will save you a lot of time doing it yourself.

And you can always tweak the oblivion skeleton to better fit (if you plan on doing a lot of oblivion to skyrim conversions).

The quickest way is to first import this skeleton http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/7119/?

Then the oblivion armour and then collapse the modifier stack on all the meshs.

Delete the oblivion skeleton from the scene, and then import a skyrim skeleton and then the body you want to fit it to.

Its not not perfect but it will save you a lot of time doing it yourself.

And you can always tweak the oblivion skeleton to better fit (if you plan on doing a lot of oblivion to skyrim conversions).

Right what I was looking for, thank you!

I will try this after work, the instructions look fairly straightforward.

Yes, I plan to do a lot of them, mostly are in "stand-by mode" with boots/cuirass done but no gloves/gauntlets.

Thanks again. :)

Archived