Since Loverslab is the place to go for experts on what stupidly hot women look like, I am back once again to post pictures of my Skyrim waifu and have people comment on her proportions and stuff.  Also she reminds me of someone but I can't pin down who...

Front_zps451be128.jpg

Diag_zps415744d4.jpg

Mid_zpsf986d7dc.jpg

All the input welcome, I won't get upset if you think she looks like a alien or something.

Her neck and skull look strange in her profile, but good work overall.

I think I see what you mean about the neck.  For some reason I hadn't noticed it before.

You could try making the face a little bit longer while raising the eyes a little, and she might look a bit like this:

Black-Deser.jpg

I'll consider it.  I know I have a tendency to minimize the jaw repeatedly until it kind of gets away from me (used to be much worse though lol)

I'm not into all that japanese stuff (I guess "waifu" is japanese?), but I find that girl aaaaawesome! So awesome indeed that I want to recreate her for my own use. Really good work!

Which mods did you use for the head mesh?

Enhanced Character Edit.  It actually has even more options for editing than I even used, like you can edit vertices directly.

Waifu is engrish.

Also, damn. Anyone haz good looking pointy ears? Currently we just stretch the regular ones, and this does not look good.

I agree.

Guest Miss Fortune

I at least would change the eyes position and probably their color as well. Also the body/face textures you are using look quite old (quite like Oblivion or very early Skyrim days).

Interesting effect going on there. I was going to say it looks wrong, but it reminds me of a particular anime's character design. Main thing I would fix though, if it's possible, is to push in the sellion. I think it would make her profile much more attractive.

Maybe bring the chin forward a little. Try easing the slant on her eyes or bring them slightly closer together. Edits are in red.

post-95318-0-56564800-1407656439_thumb.jpg

I, personally, really like her. I do agree that her eyes and brows need to slide up slightly. I think she also might need here eyes to slide closer together. I tend to have the same problem; my eyes tend to start too wide. But overall, I like the style and she's unique. 

Character design is tricky. As you take more screenshots and play with her more, she'll take on a personality and traits which are 'iconic'. 

Could be the lighting or angle but to me the updated version is more off than the original.  I don't think those eyes are anatomically correct in that face.  It's hard, I could never get the eyes to look right creating my own character. 

The only thing I did with the eyes was raise them slightly and make them slightly smaller, and change the eye color.  The new eyes look a lot less "human" due to the pupils, maybe that's what's doing it?

For me, there is still something just slightly off with her jawline and her nose sellion.

For the jawline, I think the bottom jaw area needs to be a bit wider - it seems to taper so finely from the front, that she can't have a fully-formed jaw (especially for the back row of teeth).

I've done a quick, dirty photoshop of what she'd look like if her face profile was a little wider - mind you, mine includes her cheekbones and chin (which I don't think need that much adjustment) - it's mostly the jaw area in line with her mouth to look at:

post-267501-0-73222400-1407762455_thumb.jpg

The other thing is what Tenzan said - the nose sellion. Generally, it would have a deeper curve to it, closer into her face. Also, the dip of the sellion tends to line up with your eyes, so it should be level with hers rather than above it. I've put a quick guide on the image, in red, as to where it roughly should be.

post-267501-0-75360300-1407762451_thumb.jpg

Obviously, this is all under the assumption that you even want her to have human proportions - she is an elf, after all, and there's nothing to say she can't just look however you like her. :)

For me, there is still something just slightly off with her jawline and her nose sellion.

For the jawline, I think the bottom jaw area needs to be a bit wider - it seems to taper so finely from the front, that she can't have a fully-formed jaw (especially for the back row of teeth).

I've done a quick, dirty photoshop of what she'd look like if her face profile was a little wider - mind you, mine includes her cheekbones and chin (which I don't think need that much adjustment) - it's mostly the jaw area in line with her mouth to look at:

That looks... interesting n_n what actually made me notice how weird the jaw looks is the left picture.  For some reason tiny like that the shape stands out more.  It does kind of look like her skull would have an abnormally tiny jaw bone on it.

The other thing is what Tenzan said - the nose sellion. Generally, it would have a deeper curve to it, closer into her face. Also, the dip of the sellion tends to line up with your eyes, so it should be level with hers rather than above it. I've put a quick guide on the image, in red, as to where it roughly should be.

I'm actually pretty happy with the general shape of the nose; it has what I like to call a "lupine" look to it (and this is actually one of the first times I managed to get the nose to really have that look since I usually end up making it too small).  However if I can figure out how to get that curve in there without changing the rest of the shape too much I'll do it, because the drawing makes it look like it would work nicely.

Obviously, this is all under the assumption that you even want her to have human proportions - she is an elf, after all, and there's nothing to say she can't just look however you like her.  :)

Yes, and appearing just a bit "sylvan" is certainly the intent (she's meant to be of mixed heritage).  And of course I'm making her look however I like her, but I've always found that, even when making something only to please my own eyes, other peoples' eyes still have a remarkable ability to help make it look even more pleasing to mine.

Could be the lighting or angle but to me the updated version is more off than the original.  I don't think those eyes are anatomically correct in that face.  It's hard, I could never get the eyes to look right creating my own character. 

The only thing I did with the eyes was raise them slightly and make them slightly smaller, and change the eye color.  The new eyes look a lot less "human" due to the pupils, maybe that's what's doing it?

When I look at the iris my brain automatically places the eyeballs containing that iris inside the eye sockets forming the skull.  This is true as long as the iris is "humanoid".  Lifting the eyes higher without changing the facial profile might be the reason.  Running the fingers around the eye sockets and you'll see that you cannot move the eyes without affecting the contour of your face.  To me the eyes on the original are more fitting inside that skull.

Having said that this is just a toon so if it doesn't bother you then just ignore whatever I said.  There is no rule that all humanoids need to look "right".