Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread

Nonsense667

Simple enough, for when you have a question that has a simple answer, yet you can't seem to find it via google-fu. And not really worth starting up a whole thread just for the question.

In the line above the question, please place: [Unsolved]

Once your question has been answered, please edit your post to change it to: [Solved]

And feel free to quote the correct answer as well.

If your question has been answered, but you could still use more input, Edit your post to something along the lines of: [Solved-ish]

When answering a question(s), please quote the original question(s) in your reply.

Examples below:

[Unsolved]

Hi' date=' does anyone know the name of that really cool place with all of the adult mods?[/quote']

I think you are talking about Lovers Lab

Upon which User A would change their first post to:

[Solved]

Hi' date=' does anyone know the name of that really cool place with all of the adult mods?

I think you are talking about Lovers Lab

This thread is NOT for tech support

[Solved-ish]

Okay, does anyone know the name for the conversion technique when it's two people on one, rather than just one on one. (Like what scientologist, mormons, etc. do.)

OH Okay...that!

That's called "Bullying" mate!

:D:P

I believe the the two on one technique you're describing is a sales and manipulation technique that is usually is described in reference to other techniques under the umbrella of 'social conditioning'. If you want a technical term that encompasses these techniques' date=' the field of sociology refers to it as 'Coercive Persuasion'.

(Though bullying works too)

[/quote']

[Unsolved]

Okay' date=' does anyone know the name for the conversion technique when it's two people on one, rather than just one on one. (Like what scientologist, mormons, etc. do.)

[/quote']

Isn't that Polygamy (marriage) or a Threesome (sex)?

Oh wow! No! I mean that have you noticed that it is always two people who will try to convert one person to their set of beliefs? It is a tactic, so they can back each other up, as well as putting a sense of peer pressure on the person they are trying to convert. I swear I saw a video naming it years ago, but I have forgotten the name.

[Unsolved]

Okay' date=' does anyone know the name for the conversion technique when it's two people on one, rather than just one on one. (Like what scientologist, mormons, etc. do.)

[/quote']

Oh wow! No! I mean that have you noticed that it is always two people who will try to convert one person to their set of beliefs? It is a tactic, so they can back each other up, as well as putting a sense of peer pressure on the person they are trying to convert. I swear I saw a video naming it years ago, but I have forgotten the name.

OH Okay...that!

[Unsolved]

[/quote']

OH Okay...that!

I swear there is a more technical name for it, but hell, I'll take it.

Hi Nonsense667,

I believe the the two on one technique you're describing is a sales and manipulation technique that is usually is described in reference to other techniques under the umbrella of 'social conditioning'. If you want a technical term that encompasses these techniques, the field of sociology refers to it as 'Coercive Persuasion'.

(Though bullying works too)

[Solved-ish]

Here's another for you guys that I've always wondered. Is there a name for "BDSM, but without the whips, chains, and leather clothing?"

I love the whole submissive/dominating thing, as well as things like scratching and biting, but I see all these handcuffs, whips, and leather outfits, and they do absolutely nothing for me. To be perfectly honest, although I suppose I can understand that it works for others, that stuff just looks silly to me. It makes it seem very "not real", and screams "Look at me! my fetish is different and strange as indicated by our strange and unusual garb!" Apologies if I've offended anyone into this, as this is not my intent, I'm sure plenty of people view some of my fetishes in the same way.

That's usually pooled as 'spanking'' date=' i.e. bdsm without bondage, though e.g. atm goes with it. It needs a 'taker' and a 'giver' as in all dom/sub relations.

[/quote']

Oblivion: which one takes the priority BSA or files in the directories. For what does the game look for first bsa archived files or regular files found in the directories?

Blown-out / modified stuff in the file directories

Edit: Attachments

I can't attach an image (far <500kb). I always get a tiny square with red x, a placeholder. No idea. Help!

Oblivion: which one takes the priority BSA or files in the directories. For what does the game look for first bsa archived files or regular files found in the directories?

Blown-out / modified stuff in the file directories

Can you be more clear? Roughly how many esp and esm files can Oblivion handle?

Blown-out / modified stuff in the file directories comes last, sry. Thus it overwrites already existing stuff in the bsa files.

Max esp files are 255 for the engine. However, I'd recommend to merge categories of esp files (for example armor, etc) into a single esp in TES4Gecko to reduce the overall number of esp files managed by OBMM. The number of esm files used is usually low, thus irrelevant here.

[unsolved]

Can anybody provide a link to a tutorial on using the CS to add brand new NPC's to oblivion. Not talking about replacing an NPC with another but adding brand new ones. I searched Google plus I spent about 2 hours searching LL and all I could find was editing an existing NPC. I want to add some player races I downloaded as brand new NPC's to the game but I'm a complete newbie on using the CS for Oblivion.

Collector's passion (and actually it's just this) ends with the hexadecimal (represented by a byte of two hex digits) in game modindex FF, i.e. number 255, the last formid 'slot' available additionally to the base.esm, the in game modindex number 0. The game passion ends already long before due to a latent communication breakdown between the different formid modindexes that increases with their number and which leads to instable games with CTDs. The maximum mod number of a stable game is thus not 255 plus base.esm, the numerical limit, but far less. Run 50% or around 130 mods (merged or not) in the maximum, if ever, to stay on safe ground, and nobody would ever call you a noob, or fool, if you fear that.

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/571515-how-many-plugins-can-oblivion-engine-handle/page__p__4632791#entry4632791

Yes' date=' they do.

[/quote']

Bah. I'm at 256 counting .esm's and Wrye Bash won't work lol. Keep getting windows saying certain .esp's don't have enough room or one window titled wxPython: stdout/stderr stating

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "bash\basher.pyo", line 6696, in Execute

File "bash\bosh.pyo", line 14186, in initFactories

File "bash\bosh.pyo", line 15530, in getReadClasses

File "bash\bosh.pyo", line 15530, in

AttributeError: 'str' object has no attribute 'classType'

And I have zero idea what that message even means. I've read around about using Wrye Bash plus read a few tutorials and still have zero idea how to really use it lol.

Archived