Tale of Two Wastelands, no voice acting.

Ok, so I successfully (I think) managed to install TTW and most of it seems to be working well, execpt when I want to talk to someone, as they just stand there and look at me in silence even though the subtitles come up on screen.  NPC to NPC gossip seems to work fine. I thought perhaps copying the voices.bsa file from FO3 to FNV might work, but  unfortunatley it didn't.

Somebody did manage to fix the same problem he had on his machine, however he was banned from the TTW forums, because tried to make the fix public, which apparently was against copyright issues.

Can anybody help?

Mods that you convert from FO3 for TTW need to have their folders renamed.  For the most part, I think the conversion is something along the lines of FemaleAdult01 to FemaleAdult01DC.  Used to have the naming conventions saved somewhere, but evidently, I got rid of the info or something else decidedly inconvenient.  Search the TTW forum.

If your problem is vanilla FO3 dialogue...well...something fucked up.  Even if you did extract the files from the BSA, you'd have to rename them to the TTW standard. 

She gives me dialogue without sound or lip sync.  Other's such as the Robot Butler in my Megaton house give me no dialogue, until I end the conversation, when they'll give me an audio and lip synced farewell.  All of them however will give audio and lip synced casual statements to both me and other NPC's.

How did you install TTW?  Manually or via a mod manager?  If so, which one?  If it's NMM, it's rubbish.  Get FOMM from the non-adult downloads section here.

I'd suggest running the exe to rebuild the files again just to make sure.

Archived