My PC can't handle the heat right now 34 celcius in my room hehe

Sorry but there is something very wrong with hardware that gets that hot. Unless, like your hardware, you have money to burn.

Either you're pushing that stuff too hard OC'ing or some nonsense or maybe clean the dust bunnies outta there. That shit's gonna melt, tjmax my ass, nothing should run daily like that.

SquallPT is absolutely right. You should never leave computer case open or make any extra holes to it! 1- You get dust that can destroy your components with static electricity and you have to clean it a lot more. 2- Leaving the side open and/or making any extra holes screws up the designed airflow which relies a lot on the different air pressures in and out of the case. And I'm saying this as a certified tech.

The AMD 290(x) cards are infamous for their running temperature, hitting 90*c easily even on cooler weather. When the weather is so hot, you should turn down the overclocks and turn up your fan speeds. Upgrading your case fans to ones with higher CFM can also help a lot.

Also it's helpful to limit your fps to 60 when playing Skyrim. The game is actually designed to run at 60 and some users (like me) actually start getting weird physics bugs if fps goes over 60.

You Europeans... You guys don't know heat till you come to Vegas during August summer. 100-120 Fahrenheit. I will say this, I rather take this dry heat any day over humidity in the southern states. Sweat, sticky, mosquito's = no thanks... I'd rather live up north in Canada if anything. Sun + summer + heat is not my thing. I'm a winter person.

I'm a winter person myself too :)

Evasia, check this nice caps lock, bold advice, that someone gave me in the past :

NEVER LEAVE YOUR CASE OPENED

Seriously, you are doing more harm tham good. That's an urban legend. It could help a little sure, but desktop cases were meant to work closed, not opened.

Working opened, like was mentioned here, it breaks the airflow and leaves space for more dust and dirt to enter your computer and damage components.

Put thermal paste on your cpu and gpu, clean your fans and check if you have a good airflow running through your computer like so:

Yes and no.

In a PC cabinet that does have sensible and sufficient airflow, the worst thing you could do is open the case as it will disrupt that sensible and plentiful airflow.

Buuut.. in a case that does not have sensible or sufficient airflow, where ambient heat is building up on a really hot day because the airflow is not good enough (case not designed well, not enough fans, not big enough fans, etc etc), then it can actually be a good thing.

And thus again i must repeat, the case is a good thing to spend money on with a PC build. It does make a difference, your components will last longer, and the case itself can last for many builds. It's a good place to spend, graphics cards and CPU's grow outdated in a month, your case does not, but a good case keeps your shaz cool and is easier to work with.

I'm in the same boat. It's over 30 degrees here with high humidity (netherlands). I can use my PC, but it will be like 70-85 degrees if I play a game. I'd rather not take the risk. Not to mention my PC will sound like a jet engine. I'm just going to sit this one out and wait for the storms to come then open all the windows (heatwaves here always end with storms). 

I take ice cold weather over hot weather any day. The cold is easily avoided, turn on your heating or wear a nice warm coat and you are fine. But the heat... It is relentless and merciless. It's always there and almost unavoidable. 

I clean my case every month and np for last 12 years doing this. When its to hot those few days i open my case place a fan near the opening and my PC stays cool sure some dust comes inside but i clean it any way in few days or week no harm done.

I use a cooling block on my CPU mugen 4 my CPU stays even when its realy hot  at maybe max 70+ celcius. But main problem are my 290X CARDS when case closed when its outside 30+ degrees my card is going heat nuts 90+ celsius and my skyrim sometimes shut down dunno why?

If temps stay normal even under tress load my GPU and CPU stays in normal safe zones 70+ and 50+ celcius.

So for few days a year its hot(Btw it's not dry hot here in holland most of time when its hot) i just open my case and all is ok.

At moment it's 32 celcius in my room so when i play my case is open again just to be sure :D with a fan pointed at inside case :cool: :cool: :cool:  and more :cool: :cool: :cool:.... :D

Being from The Netherlands as well, I feel your "pain", Evasia. The current temperature in my room is 35.4C and it is not even THAT hot outside. I hate having a southfacing huge window.

I know that opening your case helps keep the CPU and GPU cooler a bit, but, as has been said before, it is NOT a good idea. As SquallPT so kindly explained already. The steps he suggests are much better. If your pc is older, adding more/ new thermal paste is the best thing you can do really, because it tends to disappear over time. Upgrading your pc fans is another sensible option.

A more immediate option (if you don't have time/ resources to do the above) is aiming an extra external fan on your pc to increase the airflow. The best position for the fan is so the airflow hits the front and side air inlets. Make sure the air inlets and your fans are clean. Works a charm for me and has for many, many years.

Now all we need is a good option to keep the computer user cool...

As long as your CPU and CPU don't reach Tjmax which is for your CPU 90-100°C and for your GPU 100-120°C you don't have to care.

Hmm... I must confess I don't know the technical side of heating/overheating, but I remember when my old laptop got very hot once. Although things *looked* like they were running fine, calculations were actually being done incorrectly.

The game was Heroes V. Normally their automatic battle resolution is very good, but when the laptop was running very hot, it turned out some very lopsided results (like my overwhelming army getting utterly destroyed by a small enemy squad) unless I manually played out the battle.

Since then I have been wary of a computer running hot, whether I get any warnings or not.

As long as your CPU and CPU don't reach Tjmax which is for your CPU 90-100°C and for your GPU 100-120°C you don't have to care.

Hmm... I must confess I don't know the technical side of heating/overheating, but I remember when my old laptop got very hot once. Although things *looked* like they were running fine, calculations were actually being done incorrectly.

The game was Heroes V. Normally their automatic battle resolution is very good, but when the laptop was running very hot, it turned out some very lopsided results (like my overwhelming army getting utterly destroyed by a small enemy squad) unless I manually played out the battle.

Since then I have been wary of a computer running hot, whether I get any warnings or not.

That sounds a bit weird, when a CPU reaches Tjmax temp(which is usually 95 or 100 degrees for Intel), it throttles/downclocks itself to prevent damage caused by excessive amount of heat, when that happens you will most likely feel immediate massive fps drop/slowdown, in no way it should bring out strange results like you described. It's more likely a game issue rather than the CPU.

Regarding the topic, 70c is pretty normal for Haswell CPU especially if you have it overclocked, they run much hotter than their Ivybridge/Sandybridge predecessors, there's nothing to worry about really, it's totally safe. 92c for GPU on the other hand, is a bit too high and not recommended for long term usage, but it certainly won't damage your hardware overnight.