Let the lore bleed! How have we killed it?

If you are like me, you've played the game to death, you've done all there is to see, at least mostly. I think this would be a good place to list the ways/mods we've all used to kill the lore. 

So share your lore killing stories and lets all have a good laugh. I'll start with one of mine.

I armed the blades with modern weapons (m-16, ak47, etc). All over skyrim, the Blades were attacking dragons with automatic weapons.

Modern Firearms http://modtype.doorblog.jp/archives/30282266.html

My partner's favourite mod is this - I, frankly, am scarred for life by it.

I've tried to avoid anything massively lore-breaking, so my closest is probably a skimpy clothing replacer...I've also used Mithra and Viera race, because I love them Mithra faces and Sakura Snow - because I was tired of all the damn snow in Winterhold. Didn't realise until I used that mod though just how much snow there was - pink, PINK EVERYWHERE.

I've tried to avoid anything massively lore-breaking, so my closest is probably a skimpy clothing replacer...I've also used Mithra and Viera race, because I love them Mithra faces and Sakura Snow - because I was tired of all the damn snow in Winterhold. Didn't realise until I used that mod though just how much snow there was - pink, PINK EVERYWHERE.

Oh the Thomas!

What has been seen cannot be unseen!

Why did I look?

Haha Thomas is sooo scary as a dragon. 

I honestly don't like downloading mods that destroy the lore, it just doesn't feel right to me. Probably the most lore breaking mod I downloaded was that twin succubus mod since they can kill anyone they f***.

Or the mod that replaced the moons with halo rings, that was pretty cool...

Here are some good lore breaking shots:

Death Star Moon 

post-94042-0-97942500-1404415251_thumb.jpg

Normandy Crash 

post-94042-0-98547700-1404415253_thumb.jpg

Dwemer Borg? 

post-94042-0-92936600-1404415254_thumb.jpg

Scifi armor and gun 

post-94042-0-19379500-1404415256_thumb.jpg

And this one is just extremely magical  

post-94042-0-29050300-1404415258_thumb.jpg

I can't say. The game is so open ended, we all write our own lore everytime we play.

I've always felt it's just about consistency and believability(inconsistency and unbelievablility can warp itself roundabout, too).

Only isolated things can appear to kill lore, only because the build up to that point is unknown.

But this is just my opinion on it.

If the story is told, with "logical" buildup on how things can connect in a believable way to whoever sees it(even if it's just yourself), you can get away with anything.

With that said I can't think of anything, because I've somehow convinced myself it works to the point I wouldn't question whether it's killing "lore" or not. 

Sorry if I didn't follow the thread right.

Guest Mogie56

Video Games are meant to experience any way "You" see fit. To me there is no lore breaking as long as it follows "your" ideas and imagination. anything is possible in a video game (like a cartoon). Tell the story of the Dohvakiin in your words, you've been given the base to start with and add to. Nothing is set in stone but the limitations of the game engine, where you go from there is only limited by your own imagination.

And to answer the OP, pretty much everything I have would be considered by some to be nothing but lore breaking. But hey, I bought the game. Lore breaking would be anything brought into the game that was not there originally so what are we doing here at LL  :D

This thread inspired me, in the worst and/or best way possible.

I'm just gonna leave this here...

post-267501-0-39814500-1404425115_thumb.jpg
Yes, that is a Mithra from FFXI, with a lightsaber, followed by Commander Shepard, standing in a blizzard of cherry blossom petals. I've called this profile "Loreslayer".

Yes, that is a Mithra from FFXI, with a lightsaber, followed by Commander Shepard, standing in a blizzard of cherry blossom petals. I've called this profile "Loreslayer".

" I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite inn in Skyrim " :D

Video Games are meant to experience any way "You" see fit. To me there is no lore breaking as long as it follows "your" ideas and imagination. anything is possible in a video game (like a cartoon). Tell the story of the Dohvakiin in your words, you've been given the base to start with and add to. Nothing is set in stone but the limitations of the game engine, where you go from there is only limited by your own imagination.

And to answer the OP, pretty much everything I have would be considered by some to be nothing but lore breaking. But hey, I bought the game. Lore breaking would be anything brought into the game that was not there originally so what are we doing here at LL  :D

This is pretty much the greatest thing about all of bethesdas games.  I always stop to play the newest shiney games out but once I'm done with those it's back to skyrim or fo3 to make new stories.

-edit- also thanks for pointign out the firearms mod, i've been looking for something like that to do a really lore breaking but fun playthrough one of these days.

" I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite inn in Skyrim " :D

As soon as I saw that companion mod, I KNEW. Just KNEW... I wish it had his actual voice, but I can understand why it doesn't. Might change it to something else, since I don't think the one he has matches well. I don't know.

What's really weird about the Mithra is that I already had the Jamella Armor mod, and the general look of it reminds me of the Leather Vest set from FFXI - reminds me of my Mithra from back in the day. Ah, nostalgia.

At one playthrough I RP'd as a schoolgirl dropped into Skyrim with a couple of katanas, and fought my way until reaching 500 hours and the gamesave got broke. Along the way had a slightly modernized set of clothes, used the firearms mod...

Of course, I enjoy tweaking the game to my liking, rather than to be told by some loud-mouthed monger how it should be played.

That is great! You can make a lore purist cry with that one. 

May the force forever be in your favor....

post-94042-0-14398800-1404608408.gif

Guest Omega1084

So I have a Naruto mod.

www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/51136/

'Nuff said, though we're working to make it balanced without going insanely overpowered like the source material.

I also use Elysees mods, he/she makes awesome un-lorefriendly stuff that I can't not use.

EDIT: This was my 1000th post. Awesome xD

I'm still waiting for someone to drop Star Trek ships / stations, EVE Online ships, or the Titanic into Skyrim.

I cannot give you the Starship Enterise (unfortunately - that'd be amazing, and still somehow lore friendly! New and unexplored worlds and all!), but I can give you Vulcan being devoured by a black hole, travelling the wild roads of Skyrim by speeder bike, and mudcrabs of the highest echelon.

Now if you'll excuse me, I think I just found Shepard's new weapon and some sweet new rides.

i have no glue, what does the TS means :D .

welcome to my "call of skyrim". *cough*  

souhait___lykaon_by_convaincant-d4yzjj0.

jenassa___sighting_by_convaincant-d5cedy

souhait___infantry_by_convaincant-d5tr91

seeker___hunted_by_convaincant-d64oun2.j

souhait___back_in_action_by_convaincant-

lydia_and_souhait___modern_combat_by_con

lydia___activate_by_convaincant-d6caf10.

stormcloth___wtf___by_convaincant-d6qd4s

k98_and_souhait___potion_by_convaincant-

thieves___examine_by_convaincant-d6skrwn

m4a1___whistle_by_convaincant-d6s73hj.jp

souhait_and_iona___tower_by_convaincant-

thieves___upgrade_by_convaincant-d6skron

lydia_and_souhait___helping_hands_by_con

i'm still waiting for a ww2 total conversation .... :P

6ft 5 redguard. took over hags rock with a small army settled there after defeating dozens of high level large bandit raids i decided to arm all of my guards with the RK armor and muskets and sabers so i could introduce a unlucky dragon to the 18th century.

soon after i walked into the blue palace and banged elisef because, hey why not. then i turned her into a khajiit and called upon the darkest of daedric magic to tenticle pound her in front of her court.