So is there any projects in the works that DON'T involve boobs?

How can we tell from this video or any video the effects are from physics or animation? 

Good catch, cloth physics are fake on that video, its like Tera's cloth, its just a simulation baked into a animation using a bones system.

Its quite obvious at the moment she stops, actually if you look carefully, the cloth behaves in EXACTLY the same way each time she stops. That means, ANIMATION, not physics.

Another easy way to prove it is at

watch the character, she is running in a straight line, then she moves to the left, then she goes to that "fence" (I don't know the word for that) and then she walks backwards in a diagonal. Now, watch that segment again and you will see that the cloth always follows the body perfectly, no overlapping, no twisting and it resets each time the character makes a sudden move. Again, its clearly an animation.

But it makes sense, since for a MMO that will include sieges and such, processing a crowd of players with cloth physics would be quite heavy.

Anyway Aion has cloth physics I believe. it has been years since I don't play the game, but I think that one has real cloth (at a really basic level, but its real)

EDIT: Great, now I see the baking issues all the time, like that annoying "flap" sound that is continuously repeated each time she stops... Need more proofs?

So, what would be more difficult to do ? A cloth that moves with havok, or a cloth that moves with bones (the TBBP was that system, isnt it? ) ?

correct, TBBP did that.

To be honest...logic alone says havoc clothing (when the base is set up correcty) would be much easier, But I have no experience with animating so i'm not sure.

lets look at TES6, (rant:start) if they don't fuck up the whole game by making it a console port again and actually put some money and effort into it (rant:end) we should see havoc clothing physics in the base game. making mods for it would be estimated 100,000X easier.

I am not really sure, but I can guess Beth looks the modding comunity to improve their next games, as uglykidcid pointed: " I can play Skyrim any day of the week knowing that there are vanilla game functions that were written around mods I helped create ".

I hope they take note of the hair/clothing physics for the next game (the boobs/butts will be still a modding stuff, I guess :lol: ).

I think that what makes a game improve from VERY GOOD to INCREDIBLE are the little details, and I can see Beth usually leaves those small details for the modding community...

So, what would be more difficult to do ? A cloth that moves with havok, or a cloth that moves with bones (the TBBP was that system, isnt it? ) ?

correct, TBBP did that.

To be honest...logic alone says havoc clothing (when the base is set up correcty) would be much easier, But I have no experience with animating so i'm not sure.

Its the same, if you bake physics into a bones system you just have to link some bones to a couple vertices of the mesh, run the animation for a certain action (like Run Forward) while you simulate the cloth. Then all that data is converted to keyframes that the bones will follow. Voila, fake physics.

For real physics, its not about how hard it is, you just define rigid bodies and paint weights to let the game know how much influence has the cloth solver over those polygons and of course, set the parameters to the cloth solver.

Its not a matter of how hard or easier is to do it, its about how expensive is for the average joe's system. Because you want to create a really nice looking game, but it wont sell if only a handful of ppl can run it. And since its a MMO, you need it to make it as much as system friendly you can.

The graphics race were you needed a new system for the upcomming game was a thing of the past, now every game looks kind of the same way, different aesthetics, different textures resolution, but not huge improvements.

To what extent is the lack of in game physics a function of HW constraint?  To layman such as myself I know that poly and textures are currently HW constrained while the size of game world is human resource constrained.  Ignoring the obvious issue that ridiculous amount of man-hours would be needed to build physics enabled hair and cloth, what kind of CPU would be required to give every Skyrim character hairs and clothes like Merida and Empire?