View File

This mod adds a new power to the player. This power creates a clone of the player, with same stats, spells, shouts, equipment, and controlled by the AI. The clone will follow you and will dissapear in 5 minutes.

The Clone Player power is a regular power that can be used once a day. But unlike other powers, the "Clone Player Power" will reduce your hp by 98%, and magicka and stamina by 100% (cloning yourself leaves you exhausted)

Because of some technical limitations, the clone will take around 5-20 seconds to appear after the power is cast.

The mod comes with a MCM menu where you can configure some parameters such as the combat style the AI will use, if the clone is talkative, etc

Requirements: SKSE and SkyUI

Install instructions: extract the zip file, and copy the contents to Data. Activate the ESP.

Known issues:

- If talk is enabled, the clone may insult the player (throw voice) or he may use the "Doovahkin" greet of greybeards. This is the reason why talk to clone is disabled by default.

- Black face. Under some circumnstances, the clone may appear with black face. In my tests, the clone would only get a black face if i existed skyrim for a moment with alt+tab and then return to it.

- Changing MCM options don't affect current clone. Yep, it is like that, mcm options will only affect the next clone you cast.

- The clone takes time to appear. Yeah, as spotted above, it is a technical limitation, copying the player inventory and spells takes time. The bigger your inventory/spells, the more time it takes.

- If you kill the clone (!), it counts as killing someone from winterhold college. Not sure if it can affect other stories. Just don't kill the clone :P

- Some enemies, like giants, may send the clone flying, although he may survive.

- Making yourself essential (by mods or console) will also make the clone essential. And viceversa.

- If you save game with a clone active, exit game, and reenter game, the clone will revert its combat style to the default one. No problem, next clone will again have the selected combat style.

- The clone is able to use full shouts despite you not having some words of the shout. Likewise, it can use shouts you haven't unlocked yet. These are all technical limitations again.

Incompatibilities: I haven't tested, but since using the power takes 98% of your health, I don't know if that can affect mods that prevents death at certain % of health.

Uninstall instructions: it is recommended that you wait for the clone to disappear. You will receive a notification "Clone disappears..." when the clone totally disappears (clone will always dissapear after 5 minutes, he may die before, but he will still exist). You can also check the active effects: if a "player cloned" effect is active, that means that the clone still exists.

Once you are sure that the clone doesn't exist, just remove the esp.

it sounds like a awesome spell but one i would use very rarely,its appearance time makes it too unpractical in a fight that is already happening unless its a prolonged fight like with a dragon.also at high levels"when it takes you much longer to die and longer to dispatch your foe's" it could be considered overpowered, i second version of a players level 50 character would make any fight in the game easily winnable and the down sides would be a joke considering how easy it is to come by potions at that point. i suggest perhaps reworking the spells down sides a little bit, maybe "if you can"make it to were it permanently takes something like  170 magic, 40 stamina points away while the spell is active,that way it would take some one who is actually a semi mage to  cast it and it couldn't be countered by potions,also add multiple level versions of it,like it would spawn you but with a butch of negatives,the only way to combat these negatives would be to purchase a higher level version of the spell that would cost more permanent magica an stamina .As far as the time it takes for it to appear, perhaps give the player a buff to there heath or armor while it is spawning,if this is impossible then at least a low level players could use it as a opener to a fight that hes about to initiate.overall tho great idea i just personally think it needs some more work before id personally download and use it,but that's just my opinion.i appreciate your effort so far, plz keep at it!             o and one more thing, id shy away from droping a players heath below 30%, there are alot of mods out there that trigger around that range"mine being death alternative,defeat, and SD" so its just generally not a good idea.  

Curious is this possible without SKSE?

Just wondering before I d/l and dissect in order to make something I've been wondering about :P

The copy equipment and spells require the use of SKSE. Working around that using only vanilla functions may be possible, but it would be more inefficient.

Known issues:

- If talk is enabled, the clone may insult the player (throw voice) or he may use the "Doovahkin" greet of greybeards. This is the reason why talk to clone is disabled by default.

Remove clone from PlayerFaction.

Thanks, I will check that for next version. Anyways, it is too late for version 0.11.

it sounds like a awesome spell but one i would use very rarely,its appearance time makes it too unpractical in a fight that is already happening unless its a prolonged fight like with a dragon.also at high levels"when it takes you much longer to die and longer to dispatch your foe's" it could be considered overpowered, i second version of a players level 50 character would make any fight in the game easily winnable and the down sides would be a joke considering how easy it is to come by potions at that point. i suggest perhaps reworking the spells down sides a little bit, maybe "if you can"make it to were it permanently takes something like  170 magic, 40 stamina points away while the spell is active,that way it would take some one who is actually a semi mage to  cast it and it couldn't be countered by potions,also add multiple level versions of it,like it would spawn you but with a butch of negatives,the only way to combat these negatives would be to purchase a higher level version of the spell that would cost more permanent magica an stamina .As far as the time it takes for it to appear, perhaps give the player a buff to there heath or armor while it is spawning,if this is impossible then at least a low level players could use it as a opener to a fight that hes about to initiate.overall tho great idea i just personally think it needs some more work before id personally download and use it,but that's just my opinion.i appreciate your effort so far, plz keep at it!             o and one more thing, id shy away from droping a players heath below 30%, there are alot of mods out there that trigger around that range"mine being death alternative,defeat, and SD" so its just generally not a good idea.  

Thanks, I will consider all posibilities to make for more balance. Anyways, from my tests, a clone of a player 50+ is not much more powerful than, for example, Serana. I made them fight 3 times (I was level 57 in that save) and Serana won 2 of the 3 times. Surely the clone can do fancy things that Serana can't like the thunder shout or invoking the dawnguard dragon, but still there is not that much power difference.

In any case, not more game-breaking than vanilla Arniel Shadow, which unlike this spell, can be used all the time.

Curious is this possible without SKSE?

Just wondering before I d/l and dissect in order to make something I've been wondering about :P

The copy equipment and spells require the use of SKSE. Working around that using only vanilla functions may be possible, but it would be more inefficient.

Alright I will dissect soon :P

I've already figured out how to make a clone that doesn't disappear and can be added as a follower. It has all of your stats and doesn't disappear after a certain amount of time.

You will need UFO and this http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/16022/? for it to work. The spell you need is PJ's Decoy.

"Decoy: Creates a decoy of yourself that fools enemies into attacking it. After several seconds the decoy will explode throwing enemies close by to the ground. Great for crowd control or escaping. Decoy will be equipped in default armor due to the difficulty in figuring out what armor the user is currently wearing. If anyone knows of a way to do this easily please let me know since it would add to the illusion."

Here's how to get this to work. 1st, make sure you have dual casting in Alteration.
Equip Decoy in both hands. Start casting Decoy with one hand, then the other. Do not do both at the same time.
After it's charged in both hands, release the spell, if done right you'll see two copies of your character in front of you. *It may take a few seconds for them to appear*
One will eventually explode/disappear because of the spell, the other however will stay. As in permanent. If you use UFO and make them a follower, they will follow you.
They have all the spells/shouts as you and should be the same level and have the same stats.

You cannot create multiple followers this way. Or at least I haven't been able to. The successful attempt at trying to make another follower, will result in the UFO not working because UFO already worked the first time.

Unfortunately this clones with my char id (00000007). If create another npc id with my clone, or transferred my 

characteristic to another npc already created would be everything I wanted. It would be goodbye to npc editor.
*sorry my bad english*
  • 1 year later...

ive tried this mod, because it could be nice workaround of creating followers. and normal process is too complicated for the beginner.

after you clone yourself you can load other preset in the racemenu, and basically you will have two different characters. because every custom thing is saved to the follower and the armors. except bodyslide morphs from racemenu. the only problem is, you cant have sex with your clone for some reason. when attempt to have sex with matchmaker, nothing happens, only if you use masturbate command on the clone-follower it works normally. too bad the sex doesnt work otherwise it could be perfect mod to create followers in fly. probably its some limitation of the skyrim/sexlab engine.

but mod is still very good for normal play purposes :)

btw the final version of this mod, offers permanent clone/follower, with full control, and option of copying clothes you use at the moment (after you change clothes for youself these still stays on follower, you have to redo command).