Making HDT long hair problems

spike903

Funny thing about the weight...if i increase it, the hair flitters much more and looks terrible...but if i use a small value it's much better like in the .gif .

Yoo do you mean in the skinning? The back part dosen't influence the head. I put some extra bones there. The ragdoll constraints are btw very small and don't allow much movement.

post-419340-0-65630600-1406212276_thumb.jpg

post-419340-0-65630600-1406212276_thumb.jpg

Then nvm, maybe decrease the constraint space but well, its up to you. And you wont get rid of that movement on fast turns. (Its funny when ppl complains on how "unrealistic" is the movement on some HDT hairs while their characters can do a 180° turn at less than a milisecond)

Would love to see this finished or even just the current max file  :P. I was thinking about giving this a go myself but have been putting it off due to the irritation that comes along with trying to add physics to anything in skyrim. I would offer some suggestions for how to fix this but Yoo has covered the only ones I can think of adjusting the skin weighting or constraint space.

Since it seems that you guys want this so badly you can get it here^^

Um first thing there are still some problems: clipping, mesh goes crazy when make a fast turn

second thing i' m not completly sure what mods are required....at least hdt physics extension...i use 14.28 latest but it may also work with the older ones.

maybe you need appachiis hair 1.5 for the textures but i'm unsure about this.

as you can see it's very beta ^^

i would be nice if you guys would check it out and tell me about problems or even better solutions ;)

btw you need to put the folder in Data\meshes\actors\character\character assets\hair

and the .esp in your data folder

(if you don't alyready know this ;) )

and you need 7zip to unpack it

and keep in mind it's not the final version

Niahs Hair.7z

Um first thing there are still some problems: clipping, mesh goes crazy when make a fast turn

second thing i' m not completly sure what mods are required....at least hdt physics extension...i use 14.28 latest but it may also work with the older ones.

i would be nice if you guys would check it out and tell me about problems or even better solutions ;)

btw you need to put the folder in Data\meshes\actors\character\character assets\hair

wonderful work  there spiky :)

definitely worthy of inclusion in my HDT WIGS & COLORS   mod when and if I finally release it ( getting permissions from japanese authors is kinda of a downer!)

how ever as an encouragement for you and to reward you for your wonderful effort  here is a wig version of your Hdt_Niahs_hair_wig_V6!

_Changes I made  :

-replaced slot to 31 (long hair) instead of 131 better integration with sexlab framework!

-renamed all files to lose spaces in path   switched the space to underscore (_)!

- reworked the directory structure to be in same method as other HDT hair mods out there !

_Installation:

unrar contents into your skyrim/data directory  ...   no overwrites needed .. enable esp!

1- then   open console : (`)

2- type  :  help Niahs   and enter

(   you will get Id number of the wig ( xx001e22) where x is the number of mod in load order  )!

3-  click on target npc  or your self  it will show in the console menu as NPC ID !

4-    type : equipitem   ( Item ID  .. xx001e22)!

hit Esc to exit console and you are done!

Things I did not do ....

did not  include different colors and hdt additional caps from other mods I made I ll hold for your final release  I just like it so much I figured I encourage you a bit!

Anyone having trouble installing this let me know!

Hdt_Niahs_hair_wig_V6.rar

definitely worthy of inclusion in my HDT WIGS & COLORS   mod when and if I finally release it ( getting permissions from japanese authors is kinda of a downer!)

how ever as an encouragement for you and to reward you for your wonderful effort  here is a wig version of your Hdt_Niahs_hair_wig_V6!

_Changes I made  :

-replaced slot to 31 (long hair) instead of 131 better integration with sexlab framework!

-renamed all files to lose spaces in path   switched the space to underscore (_)!

- reworked the directory structure to be in same method as other HDT hair mods out there !

_Installation:

unrar contents into your skyrim/data directory  ...   no overwrites needed .. enable esp!

(   you will get Id number of the wig ( xx001e22) where x is the number of mod in load order  )!

3-  click on target npc  or your self  it will show in the console menu as NPC ID !

Things I did not do ....

did not  include different colors and hdt additional caps from other mods I made I ll hold for your final release  I just like it so much I figured I encourage you a bit!

Curiosity brings me to ask this potentially silly question...whats the advantages to a wig over a regular style?

_Changes I made  :

_Installation:

Things I did not do ....

Curiosity brings me to ask this potentially silly question...whats the advantages to a wig over a regular style?

lol

I play as male :)   so you can put the hair on npc's that way!

and with a wig you control  the slot :) ( the body part it gets loaded in ) so you can have the hair + a bow + a hat + a nother hair side strands for example " like i did with marie rose hairs and meridia hair s)

Okay so I tried it out and I like it. The turning fast issue doesn't seem all that noticeable to me (plus it fixes itself so fast).

A more noticeable issue to me is that the hair has transparency errors. http://imgur.com/a/kZLCX

It also has a funny error when you fall long distances but that doesn't seem to cause any issue.

Another small problem it is tends to jitter when colliding with the body sometimes. But that's more a general problem with HDT.

All in all I'd say you did a good job.

Thanks NYINEGY for the wig :heart:

Okay so I tried it out and I like it. The turning fast issue doesn't seem all that noticeable to me (plus it fixes itself so fast).

A more noticeable issue to me is that the hair has transparency errors. http://imgur.com/a/kZLCX

It also has a funny error when you fall long distances but that doesn't seem to cause any issue.

Another small problem it is tends to jitter when colliding with the body sometimes. But that's more a general problem with HDT.

All in all I'd say you did a good job.

i don't know a solution for this at the moment, but i try to find it out :shy:

The problem with the transperency should be solved with this.

Could you guys please try it out? :)

Does somebody know if there is a chart or something like this from the collisionnumber of the body parts?

There are some parts that aren't covered by the JFF tool for example the tights or the butt cheeks

Niahs Hair.7z

_Changes I made  :

_Installation:

Things I did not do ....

I am getting missing masters for the wig...Jackshshop.esm and turndownarace.esm, anyone know what these are and have a link or location?

_Changes I made  :

_Installation:

Things I did not do ....

I am getting missing masters for the wig...Jackshshop.esm and turndownarace.esm, anyone know what these are and have a link or location?

My bad ..  forgot to remove dependencies .. here i a clean version

Hdt_Niahs_hair_wig_V6.rar

_Changes I made  :

_Installation:

Things I did not do ....

My bad ..  forgot to remove dependencies .. here i a clean version

Thanks! And I am looking very forward to your hdt wig mod also btw, I have almost worn out Meridia and the ponytail...

Back again after reinstalling skyrim and doing some other stuff.

So i need again your help folks because i don't know to fix the collision problems i have or if it is even possible to fix them.

i use justforfun tool to add the collisions but it seems that some areas aren't covered properly. i checked all body parameters.

The hairs clips through boobs, buttcheeks, the torso and the tights most of it happens only while using poses but it bothers me very much :(

Maybe there is a solution for this out there and i'm to blind to see it  -.-*

or maybe someone has a idea?

Back again after reinstalling skyrim and doing some other stuff.

So i need again your help folks because i don't know to fix the collision problems i have or if it is even possible to fix them.

i use justforfun tool to add the collisions but it seems that some areas aren't covered properly. i checked all body parameters.

The hairs clips through boobs, buttcheeks, the torso and the tights most of it happens only while using poses but it bothers me very much :(

Maybe there is a solution for this out there and i'm to blind to see it  -.-*

or maybe someone has a idea?

This is my main problem when I try to add HDT to stuff. I can never seem the get the collision shapes to work correctly when added to existing bones. I have issues with the collision shapes being in the wrong places when the skeleton is moved due to pivot issues I assume. I have no clue how to go about fixing such things due to the fact I don't know how to test it and be able to see how the shapes are reacting to changes. Then again I uses max to add the shapes so it could be a different issue altogether. In short I would like to know how other people go about this as well. 

• 4 weeks later...

Since I'm not finding a solution for the problems I have with it, I stopped working on it  :(

But you can still try it, since it's not that bad.

Keep in mind you need appachiis hair for this to work.

XJ347 made a version that works with mod organizer (don't know if it works with NMM since i'm not using it anymore).

you can get it here

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/35643-hdt-via-mod-organizer/page-2

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Archived