Making HDT long hair problems

spike903

Hey there,

at first I have to say that I'm  really new to this whole modding thing :blush:

I try to put HDT to long hair from apachii 1.5 : folder female no.29
I watched canderes and NecKros tutorial videos but that dosen't help me with my problem.
I started with the miniumskeleton from canderes, put the hair on it and the bones and then i run the autopilot tool.
I turned the rag doll constraint upside down because they were showing up not down.

Then I started rigging and export everythingt o the havok content tool preview.

And thats were my problem starts...nothing moves,not the hair, not the capsules, nothing :(  

And I can't even select the capsules with the mouse or anything else :(

I use:   3DSmax 2012
            Havok Content Tools 2013   

I hope someone can help me :)

At work atm, but I'll see if I can help ya.

So, you are just trying to get a preview on the movement using the the HCT preview, right?

Have you created all the necessary filters to make it work? Create rigid bodies, skeleton, ragdolls, mapping and such... because the filters used for preview arent the same for exporting.

Hello Yoo,

yes i'm just trying to get a preview.

I did everything liks canderes I his video...skeleton(body),rigid bodies,constraints,skeleton(hair), ragdoll,mapping,skinnig, preview tool

but i get this warnings:

Create Skins Filter
 [0xabba65a9] Warning Skipping incomplete binding - skin references the following bones which are not in the rig Ragdoll_NPC Hair 1' 'Ragdoll_NPC Hair 2' 'Ragdoll_NPC Hair 3' 'Ragdoll_NPC Hair 4'

[0xabba65a9] Warning : Skipping incomplete binding - skin references the following bones which are not in the rig: 'NPC Head [Head]'
    Created 0 mesh binding(s), 0 attachment(s)

After several tries later I figured out that the errors above should have nothing to do with the physics.

I increased the radius of the envelopes ,played around with the rag doll constraints and try to do rigging better but I don't think that it is correct :s

But at least it should move a bit in the preview :dodgy:

btw thats the only thing i can select in the preview...no capsules nothing

oc4Co9g.jpg

Is it possible that HDT can't be added to this hairstyle?

Sorry, I've finally taken the DS2 challenge so I'm a bit hollow right now... Anyway, the error seems like you are missing some bones on your skeleton mappings/ragdoll, check those filter and check if the rigid bodies are propperly linked to their respective bones.

I checked the filters in the preview but i can't find any errors :blink:

Maybe i'm too blind to see :huh:

post-419340-0-48365200-1404415656_thumb.jpg
post-419340-0-69555800-1404415648_thumb.jpg

By the link of the bodies to their bones do you mean the part I marked on the pic below? If yes...they are all alright

post-419340-0-29999200-1404416329_thumb.jpg

Should I post the max file?

post-419340-0-69555800-1404415648_thumb.jpg

post-419340-0-48365200-1404415656_thumb.jpg

post-419340-0-29999200-1404416329_thumb.jpg

I'm at work right now, but I think that the problem is that the second create skeletons filter should go above the rigid bodies and constraint filters.

Anyway, if you want to pst the Max file I could take a look at home.

Well, I think I've found your problem, you created a skin using the rigid bodies as bones, thats why Havok complains that cant find any bones whit those names (IE: Ragdoll_NPC Hair 2) you will have to redo the skin using the NUBS (or Havok bones as I call them).

If you want to recycle your skin, go to the command pannel and under the skin modifier, go to "Advanced Parameters" then "Save" save those envelopes as a file and then delete the skin modifier, asign a new one and add the corresponding NUBS and the head bone. Then go again to "Advanced parameters" then "Load" and load the file that you saved, you will see two colums, one with the old bones (the "Ragdoll" named bones) and your current new bones, check that each bone corresponds the other. If you see that the order is wrong, use the move up and down until they match.

PS: I'll keep looking just in case...

Yup, that was all

xefg.jpg

Btw, quick tip for rigging (maybe you know it, but its good to say it sometimes) while you are painting weights, select your chain of bones, add a keyframe go a couple of frames ahead and then, using the local axis constraint rotate the entire chain and add another keyframe, then go to a couple frames ahead and rotate a single bone and add another keyframe.... rince and repeat for all the bones... Then you can work with the original state at frame 0 and then see how is the skin modifier working without running previews all the time.

Thank you very much Yoo  :shy:

I get rid off this error messages in the preview window but there is one big problem left :(

I can't select the capsules to move them around in the preview and they don't move by themselves no matter what kind of gravity i select :unsure:

Would be nice if you can help me again :angel:

okay....it moved a bit after selecting gravity +y but after trying it a second time nothing happend :blink:

longhairtest.7z

Thanks guys!

I will try to share it but since this is my first mod ever it will take some more time ;)

I created the .tri  and .esp file and put it in skyrim and no ctd :D

But now i see some more problems:

be careful nude girl inside :P

post-419340-0-99544000-1404681098_thumb.jpg

post-419340-0-18499200-1404681102_thumb.jpg

post-419340-0-04396000-1404681106_thumb.jpg

and the hair only move a tiny bit.

Sorry to ask you again Yoo but i'm not sure what to do next....

work on the skinnig/rigging?

do i have to make the hair lighter that it moves more?

and how do i do that?

May be several reasons, on the vweights, the bones related to the hair are at 100 with their respective blending values? Physics side, check your angular and lineal damping values. Also the time multiplier (on the XML file) also, check your inertia values and if they are pre-stabilized. Also check mass values...

Hi,

I'd love to get my hand on this too. I honestly don't know the work involved (or if it's even possible) here so I don't know if it's a reasonable request.(did I use the good word in english here?)

But once you're done with the problem you have with this hair, you might want to divide it in several big strands to make it more realistic.

Anyway, my request aside, thanks a lot for your work!

I'm not sure if your request would work with this hair.

Since it is only one big mesh i don't think that it can be split into several strands....I think you would need a completely new mesh

But maybe some of the other guys can answer this better than me :shy:

I took a closer look at Meridia's Hair and it seems to be that Yoo uses at lot of strands and put capsules and stuff in them...(correct me if i'm wrong Yoo ;) )

it seems to be a huge effort to get all of this working :o

...so to be honest I'm happy if i get my small mod running well :blush::D

Archived