Making HDT long hair problems

spike903

YOO'S SIG -> "If I have enough time, and willpower, I'll start working on a HDTPE Robe based on the Majestic Robe from Lineage II (female elf)"

Yoo, looking at your sig. .    If you can get elven Majestic in HDT. . .      OMG.

But. . .   Was that L Elf or D Elf?

:D   DElf  Majestic  >>>  LElf  Majestic:D  

Tho I do get teh attraction of swishy skirt and swingy vest of LElf Maj.

I discovered one problem but i'm not able to sove it at the moment...I give it another try tomorrow/weekend.

Can't get the same number of vertices of the original hair to the hair i created. I'm unsure what to do.

I put a edit poly to the hair and collapse it and all the other stuff but it didn't solve the problem...or is this for something else :wacko::blink:

For me it looks like it would solve the problem that the hair looks..hm shoved up to the head..don't no how to describe it properly...at least in max :unsure:

If i change the number of vertices in nifskoop, does this work? :huh:

Just redo the .tri files with "The Conformulator" and problem solved.

btw, its Light Elf Majestic Robe, and IF I start it it wont be only the skirt, it will be the skirt, Jacket and that lacy thing.

Back again with some problems -.-*

I think i discovered why the hair looks like it's shoved together.

if i put the hair and skeleton in max and select the hair, then editable mesh/ poly it looks like this:

post-419340-0-35496100-1405113619_thumb.jpg

thats how it should look....but if i export it like this and put it to conformulator and creation kit the hair is just half a meter above the head

if i click on skin / bsdismemberskin it looks like this

post-419340-0-00313500-1405113621_thumb.jpg

and it looks the same in game

and this how i look at the moment -> :blink:

i also played arround with the xml but until now i had no succes.

First at all: Why are you using that skeleton? o.O

You just need a couple bones, not the entire body, and even less that mess of bones.

Second, the problem that you post, appears only when you step on the BSDismember modifier or also when you step at the Skin modifier?

Third, try to do a Reset XForm, just in case...

Because thats the skeleton i use in game^^...i tried the minimumskeleton from canderes but after i finished the esp and tried it in game the hair was in the complete wrong position on the head...if i use this skeleton it's in the right place Oo

Yes only on those two... not on editable mesh oder editable poly...

Tried another hairstyle same problem...i also tried canderes minimum skeleton and the hair changes its position too...forward and higher

Reset xform didn't help...postion can still be changed by clicking on edit mesh/poly

Deleted also a lot of bones on my skeleton ;)

I did it :D

The hair now fits to the head. Just did a new try. put a edit ploy to it, then collapse to, import head model and moved the hair down and it fits now :D

But it won't move ....i think i go and cry a bit or some thing like that :(;)

Ok, the hair appears but doesnt move at all?

Posible Reasons:

- Bad "export" setup for the filters (check if everything is ok)

- Check that the rigid bodies has the same name of the respective bones

- Check the NIF file and check if the XML path is OK and the naming.

Checked all of them and they seem to be right.

Somehow i have the feeling that the solution is pretty easy but i don't know it -.-*

if the inertiaStabilizationFactor is set to 0, is that right?

Played also around with the timefactor, angulardamping and lineardamping...nothing changed.

Back again with some problem...i think i get crazy -.-*

Seems to be a problem with max and the skeleton I use. If i try to rig the hair and put the weight to the vertices the hair goes up...didn't happend with canderes skeleton and didn't happen last time i use max.

post-419340-0-21486400-1405433436_thumb.jpg

Did i mess some settings up in max? :s

Some help would be great :shy:

Seems to be a problem with max and the skeleton I use. If i try to rig the hair and put the weight to the vertices the hair goes up...didn't happend with canderes skeleton and didn't happen last time i use max.

I think that you found the solution.

- "But I use "X" skeleton...."

Doesnt change anything, rig the hair with the candyman's skeleton and test it ingame using the skeleton that you want. There is no difference and it wont cause incompatibilities.

That should work...but i have to change the position then...

But it's strange that it worked before :blink:

Another question about the xml. Does the physics parameters of the hair have similar ...don't know how to say correctly....bondary values (?) like bouncing in Monsto Brukes tut? http://www.loverslab.com/topic/25483-customize-xml-parameters-and-editing/

Or are they completly different? Just as ..uhm a short guidance .

Yup, the parameters named there are havok parameters. I would change the description on some of them, but well, the explanations are based on breasts... so loverslab...

You should read a bit the Havok Documentation that comes with the package for more specific explanations. Bullet also uses similar expresions for those values so you could check their docs too.

I think i found the problem why the hair dosen't move.

post-419340-0-16421800-1405626943_thumb.jpg

I found some help here on ll but that dosen't helped me.

I changed the hdt physics extension from v14.28 to v10.24 but nothing changed...same error.

Checked the path of the xml several times, also the path in the nif...no difference.

Maybe someone know a solution?

Wait a sec, what kind of path did you used? the complete path (like C:\folder\folder\....) or the relative path? (Data\Meshes\....)

If you used the complete path, thats the problem, use the relative paths, just like you name the textures (Data\Meshes\folder\folder\file.xml)

When it's done :D 

(i always wanted to say that ^^)

It will take some more time^^

the long part is moving quite well but the head part is yeah...f$%& up

Need to find out how i make it move without the mesh going crazy^^

Sorry to bother you guys again with my problems but I don't know if it's possible to solve this problem.

It only happens if i put the camera in front of my char and then turn her around, the hair on the head moves too much and looks like the mesh is stretched over its limits.

the radiuses of the capsules are very small, i tried to fix it with the xml....make it a bit better but dosen't solve the problem completley.

i could ignore the head part but to be honest i don't want that.

i made a .gif because i don't get it to make a good picture of it.

Sorry it has a bigger file size :o

Sorry to bother you guys again with my problems but I don't know if it's possible to solve this problem.

It only happens if i put the camera in front of my char and then turn her around, the hair on the head moves too much and looks like the mesh is stretched over its limits.

the radiuses of the capsules are very small, i tried to fix it with the xml....make it a bit better but dosen't solve the problem completley.

i could ignore the head part but to be honest i don't want that.

i made a .gif because i don't get it to make a good picture of it.

Sorry it has a bigger file size :o

attachicon.giferror.gif

I think is because of how crappy the engine handles the turn movement.

The PC will always turn instantaneously to the camera center when walking forward messing up HDT PE.

I think is because of how crappy the engine handles the turn movement.

The PC will always turn instantaneously to the camera center when walking forward messing up HDT PE.

That reminds me of the usual... 

"Could you please add some weight, it moves too fast..." 

But you should reduce drastically the amount of influence that the chain at the back has on the front part of the hair.

Archived