[SOLVED] Succubus Race and Devious Devices (not working)

chajapa

I have a Succubus Race character and noticed that Devious Devices events are not working. In fact they don't even show up in event polling section of DD. 

I remember reading somewhere about how some custom races needed to have animations copied to their folder and..... damn, I'm old.... I just can't seem to find it and don't know if it even pertains to this.

Any help appreciated.

** EDIT **

I figured it out ... kinda...

It's not a problem with the Succubus race. It's a problem with one save I have from the beginning just before character creation. I used it to start this one Succubus character and she's apparently permanently broken. Fortunately she's only level 1 :)

I went all the way back to save #277 and pulled that back into my active saves and I'll use that one to start a new Succubus race character and see how it goes. 

OK I DID NOT figure this out other than finding that I THINK it has something to do with the slots used by Succubus Race horns, tail and wings.

I created a new character and with Devious Devices enabled, she does not show horns, tail, wings when I transform.

I uninstalled DD... everything related to DD and she gets her wings, tail, horns. Saved without DD, exited, reinstalled DD, and no horns, tail, wings.

AND.... no devices show up in the device polling.

Frustrating.

I love this race, but if it won't work with DD then I have to ditch it.

NOW I figured it out. 

The Succubus Race uses Slot 60 as the default for the "Horns" (which is actually horns, tail, and wings)

Devious Devices uses Slot 60 by default as the Hider slot. I changed this to Slot 61 in DD and the horns, wing, and tail reappeared on my Succubus Race character and after a save, quit, reload, she has all of the events in event polling.

So as long as I don't come across a mod that uses slot 61 I should be ok 

• 4 weeks later...

NOW I figured it out. 

The Succubus Race uses Slot 60 as the default for the "Horns" (which is actually horns, tail, and wings)

Devious Devices uses Slot 60 by default as the Hider slot. I changed this to Slot 61 in DD and the horns, wing, and tail reappeared on my Succubus Race character and after a save, quit, reload, she has all of the events in event polling.

So as long as I don't come across a mod that uses slot 61 I should be ok 

Could you expand a bit on how to do this? I assume it's something with tes5edit, but I really don't know my way around that program very well, and I can't find the number 60 anywhere in the succubus race mode.

• 1 month later...

Archived