This will ruin your night...

I decided to try and broaden my horizons and try to install a ENB for fallout new vegas. Long story short I messed up. Lesson: I wont install a ENB again after I figure out how to fix this... but I cant and need help once again.

The good news is I backed up all the areas I had to install the ENB into which I though would fix the problem if I removed them completely and replaced it all with all the files before I started this project. Well it worked, Sort of.

The good news is I can play my game and all the mods are registered as far as I know. Here's the bad news. I seem to have 2 problems. One that involves my MCM not being registered or wont let me access it in game. Ill post what it said in a spoiler below.

"The Mod Configuration Menu cannot access its menu files either the files are missing ,
an error has occurred with NVSE plugin, or a firewall/UAC is preventing access.

You may need to re-install the mod, update 32-bit visual c++ 2010 redistribute package, or change your firewall/UAC settings."

The other is my project Nevada mod it says my HUD Extensions were not detected. I researched a bit and did what I could. Hell, spent 2 hours trying to get this issue solved but its going on 4am and I am tired. If anyone can help me detect where the problems are so I can fix this I would be grateful. I really dont want to have to do a full game/mod re installation over something like this. I have thought about it and thankfully I categorized all the mods I used and listed my load order as backup. That would take a few hours to do though.

P.S. Feel free to laugh. :s

I had the HUD extension problem about a year ago. I can't really remember what I did to fix it. I do remember that I didn't have to reinstall the game and start from scratch. If I also remember correctly, I didn't have to do anything crazy. What I do suggest is look at the compatibility patches for PN. My issue was with Darnified HUD and PN, and I think I did some sort of compatibility patch. After that, the message disappeared. 

Ive been going down the list of resolutions and so far none seem to be fixing the problem. I have completly removed the MCM and Project Nevada from the game, re-installed it, I might just have to bite the bullet and do a complete re-installation. I'll know not to try ENB's ever again. >.>

Update: Nothing seems to work. I think I am just going to re-install everything from scratch. I made backups of my saves and a load order for all the mods I used. This time I plan on backing up the entire game folder once its installed and everything works again to make sure this infamous error does not get the better of me again.

I can post a load order but Im not sure that will do any good. The game ran fine until I tried installing a ENB then it all went to hell.

Load order is as fallows:

[X] FalloutNV.esm
[X] DeadMoney.esm
[X] HonestHearts.esm
[X] OldWorldBlues.esm
[X] LonesomeRoad.esm
[X] GunRunnersArsenal.esm
[X] ClassicPack.esm
[X] MercenaryPack.esm
[X] TribalPack.esm
[X] CaravanPack.esm
[X] Advanced Recon Tech.esm
[X] NevadaSkies.esm
[X] Sexout.esm
[X] SexoutCommonResources.esm
[X] SexoutPregnancyV3.esm
[X] SexoutSlavery.esm
[X] SexoutLegion.esm
[X] SexoutStore.esm
[X] SexoutOffSpring.esm
[X] More Perks for Companions.esm
[X] More Traits.esm
[X] msexBase.esm
[X] Lings.esm
[X] Momod.esm
[X] More Perks.esm
[X] Project Nevada - Core.esm
[X] Project Nevada - Equipment.esm
[X] Project Nevada - Rebalance.esp
[X] Project Nevada - Cyberware.esp
[X] NVWillow.esp
[X] NVEC Complete + NVCE.esm
[X] AWorldOfPain(Preview).esm
[X] Primary Needs HUD.esm
[X] FCOMaster.esm
[X] T6M Jeans Outfit.esp
[X] A Better Veronica.esp
[X] SexoutZAZ.esp
[X] SexoutSCRDebug.esp
[X] A Better Cass.esp
[X] Project Nevada - Dead Money.esp
[X] Project Nevada - Honest Hearts.esp
[X] Project Nevada - Old World Blues (No Cyberware).esp
[X] Project Nevada - Lonesome Road.esp
[X] Project Nevada - Gun Runners' Arsenal.esp
[X] msexFort.esp
[X] msexVeronica.esp
[X] SexoutSexAssault.esp
[X] SmallerTalk.esp
[X] SexoutSound.esp
[X] SexoutWillow.esp
[X] More Perks Update.esp
[X] SexoutKings.esp
[X] SexoutNCR.esp
[X] More Perks for Companions Update.esp
[X] More Traits Update.esp
[X] Advanced Recon Gear.esp
[X] Advanced Recon Tech.esp
[X] m110.esp
[X] M14.esp
[X] SexoutPowderGangers.esp
[X] SexoutPowderGangers (HPT Tweaks).esp
[X] Tryout - Hard Prison Time.esp
[X] NevadaSkies - Basic Edition.esp
[X] Advanced Recon Gear - Project Nevada.esp
[X] NCR Rearmament v1.5 (Lore).esp
[X] Tailor Maid - NV.esp
[X] LingsPrettyThings.esp
[X] SexoutFiends.esp
[X] 1CazyTestEsp.esp
[X] st.esp
[X] Type3MClothing.esp
[X] SexoutSex.esp
[X] Sexout-Wear-And-Tear.esp
[X] SexoutPregDebug.esp
[X] SexoutBreeder.esp
[X] Continue After Games Ending 1.9.3.esp
[X] WeaponModsExpanded.esp
[X] Project Nevada - WMX.esp
[X] NevadaSkies - Ultimate DLC Edition.esp
[X] SexoutKhans.esp
[X] SexoutWorkingGirl.esp
[X] MoonShadowRace.esp
[X] MoonShadowRace by Dracomies.esp
[X] SexoutPlayerSlave.esp
[X] ASG.esp
[X] NVLadyoutfit1.esp
[X] QSondraOutfits.esp
[X] Readius_NV.esp
[X] The Mod Configuration Menu.esp
[X] AKS74u.esp
[X] SexoutCheckMeOut.esp
[X] fnvrwlo - original.esp
[X] fnvrwlo - brighter nights.esp
[X] vault22FloralOverhaul.esp
[X] SR556.esp
[X] Desert Armor.esp
[X] epock.esp
[X] UsableCigarettes neunen Ver for New Vegas.esp
[X] jotoughgirl.esp
[X] HDTshop.esp
[X] SexoutEncounters.esp
[X] TGsArmorCollectionVegas.esp
[X] DynamiCamera.esp
[X] XVSharlArmour.esp
[X] FCO.esp
[X] FCO - Roberts Patch.esp
[X] FCO - Willow (Cazy).esp
[X] FCO - Willow.esp
[X] MojaveDelight.esp
[X] Goodsprings Reborn.esp
[X] OCD-Cass outfits.esp
[X] FCO - GlowingOne.esp

there's no way for it to interfere with MCM or other things in game, ENB is just a dll and a bunch of settings, anyway you could manually remove it if you want and see what happens

Already did and no results. I have begun the process of removing the game and all installed mods completely from my laptop and reinstalling it now. I will do a complete backups from here on. I remember now this was the same error that caused me to do the same thing in the past and I could not find a resolution. Thank you all for your advice/help/information. I will be much more careful this time.

Yes unfortunately I don't know what was bad in your LO, there's a lot of plugins I don't know. Usually the few times I had that problem I solved it reinstalling MCM and checking that NVSE was ok. I just wanted to point out that you should be ok with ENBs, if they cause you problems they are other kinds of problems :)

Yes unfortunately I don't know what was bad in your LO, there's a lot of plugins I don't know. Usually the few times I had that problem I solved it reinstalling MCM and checking that NVSE was ok. I just wanted to point out that you should be ok with ENBs, if they cause you problems they are other kinds of problems :)

I'll play it safe next time. I am going to remove FOMM, New Vegas and everything that has to do with it and start over fresh. I did a fresh installation but every time I used FOMM to install a mod Id get a installation error. When it rains it pours...

Update: Wow. Just wow. Even with a fresh installation and clean sweep. Now I cant even install mods with the FOMM. I will post it below but now I dont even want to look at this right now. If this continues to give me problems even after a fresh installation and clean sweep Its not worth my time. This is what is said to any mods I tried to install. Once again thank you all for your support and advice.

A problem occurred during the install:

Exception of type' fomm.Transactions.RollbackException'was Thrown.Chindo.Transactions.Txfilemanager+txenlistment failed to roll back.

Access to path 'C:Users\"InsertName"\Docuements\Mygames\FalloutNV\Fallout.ini' is denied

The mod was not installed.

Update: Well, things are getting a little better. I got the game running again with most of the mods not giving me trouble. The error I posted above though is giving me trouble with one particular mod. Sexout Tryout. Been trying to figure out how to solve this problem but its slipping through my fingers. Anyone have an idea what might be causing this? At least I can play the game again and pick up where I left off. :s

Archived