Sapphire Radeon R7 260x 2gb OC for handle an ENB

no-remorse

Hey guys!

Recently i bought a new full hd monitor with 1920x1080 resolution. And my reliable Radeon 6670 xfx cant handle the resolution, the enb and high settings at the same time (Yes i know too much shit for that graphic card). I played before with high/normal settings with a resolution of 1024x768 and Seasons of Skyrim ENB.

I liked so much this graphic Card:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202051

Price, size, features, etc.

So the question is. The Sapphire Radeon R7 260x 2gb OC may handle high settings game and Seasons of Skyrim ENB with a resolution of 1920x1080?

If you really want to go all out with your modding and ENB you want to spent every penny you can on your card. I got a r9 280x and it can take almost anything I can throw at it. You just gotta be careful with mods that make your cities bigger/better as these are the slowest areas of the game. Facing the well from inside the witerun front gate for example, I drop down to like 30 fps at the lowest depending on what enb and mods I have. Now I have no whiterun city mod i get more like 40. Most places I get 55-60.

I'm also running 1080p

260x, although the numbers aren't far apart it's like half the performance of the 280x
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/radeon-r9-280x-r9-270x-r7-260x,3635-13.html

270x is much better and might be in your price range still.

I was able to get a R9 270 4 gig for about £180 on ebuyer so you might want to see if there any still about where you are (the webpage you've linked says the card you've selected is out of stock so i can't compare price)

tried it out on a tv that could go 1920 x 1080,  doing the escape from Helgen, with enb going it was still 35-60 fps.

but it didnt quite look as sharp (switched from RLO to ELFX earlier, maybe that had something to do with it) would take their advice and and go for the higher model.

tried it out on a tv that could go 1920 x 1080,  doing the escape from Helgen, with enb going it was still 35-60 fps.

but it didnt quite look as sharp (switched from RLO to ELFX earlier, maybe that had something to do with it) would take their advice and and go for the higher model.

Thanks for try it witn 1920x1080. What ENB are u using?

Yes I'll go for a R9 270x.

this enb http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/46320/? , the 0.119 version. if i used any newer ones with Sweetfx also in them, my game would crash. not sure if it was from the 260x or something else. but that enb gave me the colors i wanted, so its cool with me. and it also works with RLO/ELFX and climates of tamriel.

a screenie with it on, my personal favorite.

post-43106-0-91763100-1402702096_thumb.jpg

this enb http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/46320/? , the 0.119 version. if i used any newer ones with Sweetfx also in them, my game would crash. not sure if it was from the 260x or something else. but that enb gave me the colors i wanted, so its cool with me. and it also works with RLO/ELFX and climates of tamriel.

a screenie with it on, my personal favorite.

Thank you for showme your ENB, if i have the patience i'll go for r9 270x.

I'm a Sapphire 260X 2GB OC owner.

The game runs pretty good in 1080p without ENB. But if i want to use ENB mod...i have to use low performance cost versions+just high shadows (instead of ultra) to be close or over 40 fps outside. And i dont use any other mod which effects the performance.

Its a good card for its price, but not good enough for higher quality ENBs.

BTW, Sapphire have 2 variant from 260X 2Gb OC. One have 1050MHz GPU, the other have 1150MHz GPU. Just check their website then the store, what version they are selling.

^

Also, and always, be sure to know what type textures and meshes should be used depending on the amount of system resources available -- lots of high-res uncompressed textures and high-poly meshes will gobble up framerate and memory.

Archived