I made the switch to MO.

Guest emilio

Many mods are scripted installs. Some might require you to manually install the files. It depends on the instructions. I don't use that mod. Most of the mods I used for Skyrim worked out of the box with telling MO what the data folder was. I would move over to the MO thread from AwefulArchdemon and ask there about that mod and others like it. There are many users that regularly post there and can give better advice for this than I can.

I've used all three, Wry was my benchmark before switching to MO. I found the move tricky and it took me longer than it seems to take others to get my head totally around the virtual setup. But now I can't believe I ever did things any other way. The old way of handling mods seems really primitive to me now, brute force to MO's finesse. 

Three things that are big game changers for me; MO, Loot and just recently, SaveTool. With these tools I feel like I'm in control. 

I still use Wrye Bash, but not because MO is bad (I tested MO somewhat but never went in that too deep), I use it because I just made a complete Wrye Bash setup for a fresh Skyrim installation and repacked over 350 mods to Wrye Bash format and already started playing and installing as I found MO. Not in the mood to do another change yet.

The important thing is to get rid of NMM, if you use MO or Wrye Bash or both does not matter. At moment bash patch, the possibility to save my installation setup and restore it again (same for load order) and the installation and override info Wrye Bash provides in compare to NMM is enough for me. The small flaw that Wrye Bash can't install .exe tools like Bodyslide or FNIS is just a tiny one, I do those manualy, they are just a few, no real problem.

I still use Wrye Bash, but not because MO is bad (I tested MO somewhat but never went in that too deep), I use it because I just made a complete Wrye Bash setup for a fresh Skyrim installation and repacked over 350 mods to Wrye Bash format and already started playing and installing as I found MO. Not in the mood to do another change yet.

The important thing is to get rid of NMM, if you use MO or Wrye Bash or both does not matter. At moment bash patch, the possibility to save my installation setup and restore it again (same for load order) and the installation and override info Wrye Bash provides in compare to NMM is enough for me. The small flaw that Wrye Bash can't install .exe tools like Bodyslide or FNIS is just a tiny one, I do those manualy, they are just a few, no real problem.

While using MO you just put the FNIS tools manually in your Skyrim/data/tools folder then zip the rest of it up and install it into MO. And you have to set the FNIS generator as a MO executable. Not too big of an issue.

MO dosnt work for me, i returned to NMM and its working fine.

Good luck trying to fix if some mod breaks down beneath its hood.

all my mods work fine in NMM, i tried MO but none of my mods work when i use it, that and the fact that SKYUI dosnt work with it.

all my mods work fine in NMM, i tried MO but none of my mods work when i use it, that and the fact that SKYUI dosnt work with it.

I find it very hard to believe that SkyUI doesn't work within MO. Most likely something is going wrong your own rig.

When you switch over to MO you have to do a complete unistallation of Skyrim to make sure nothing is left behind by crappy installers like NMM otherwise you do mess up some aspects. Do a registry clean, delete old .ini files, etc.

From what I've read MO seems like a better way to go than NMM.  Having said that, I've only used NMM and I've yet to have a problem, I've not had to reinstall Skyrim.  More to the point, what kind of problems have people had with NMM?  I'm running about 140 mods or so.

I think I will switch over at some time.  It just never is convenient.

It is not going to get less convenient to switch when your stack of mods grow.

I spent more than an entire weekend reinstalling skyrim to make the switch to MO putting in mods that I need and arrange a load order along with setting up profiles. It is worth it.

For me MO makes testing out mods much easier especially mods that conflict with each other, beta mods that update frequently, and mods that overwrite each other (body/face meshes and textures). Since you can have multiple copies of the same mod "install" but only activate one when you need it.

Still in the process to get FNIS to work seamlessly, it works at the moment, but ask me to run it every time I run the game or FNIS itself even I did it already, and still need to mess around with Body Slide as well

It is not going to get less convenient to switch when your stack of mods grow.

I spent more than an entire weekend reinstalling skyrim to make the switch to MO putting in mods that I need and arrange a load order along with setting up profiles. It is worth it.

For me MO makes testing out mods much easier especially mods that conflict with each other, beta mods that update frequently, and mods that overwrite each other (body/face meshes and textures). Since you can have multiple copies of the same mod "install" but only activate one when you need it.

Still in the process to get FNIS to work seamlessly, it works at the moment, but ask me to run it every time I run the game or FNIS itself even I did it already, and still need to mess around with Body Slide as well

Make sure you run FNIS from within MO otherwise you'll have to run it every single time.

what kind of problems have people had with NMM?  I'm running about 140 mods or so.

The ability to install and uninstall mods cleanly; seems that in NMM the replaced plugins and mods are renamed, moved and hidden somewhere. Sometimes the program would not load at all, or it suddenly asks you to login.

I'm having problems getting Unique Characters to work with MO but everything else works so much better than with NMM, and having a clean Skyrim installation is just great. I always distrusted the "overwrite everything" instructions.

From what I've read MO seems like a better way to go than NMM.  Having said that, I've only used NMM and I've yet to have a problem, I've not had to reinstall Skyrim.  More to the point, what kind of problems have people had with NMM?  I'm running about 140 mods or so.

I think I will switch over at some time.  It just never is convenient.

MO is invaluable if you want to have gameplays with different mods at the same time, thanks to its Profile function. When mods are loaded in MO, they are kept in individual folders. In MO, you then activate the mod project you want to load in that game. When you launch Skyrim from MO, it creates a virtual Data directory from the mods active, but none of them are physically overwriting each other - some mods just have priority over others (which you can also set).

The Profile function is good because it remembers which mods were active for that profile, so you can quickly switch between, say, a game where you are using CBBE and Frostfall, to a playthrough with UNP and Sakura Snow. No files are deleted or overwritten - they're all still there. You just have to remember to load your utilities such as Wrye Bash, Loot, FNIS, etc. through MO before you jump back in (also launching Skyrim or SKSE through MO).

I find it very hard to believe that SkyUI doesn't work within MO. Most likely something is going wrong your own rig.

When you switch over to MO you have to do a complete unistallation of Skyrim to make sure nothing is left behind by crappy installers like NMM otherwise you do mess up some aspects. Do a registry clean, delete old .ini files, etc.

My mistake, i got sky-ui working i remember but it was  FNIS and SKSE that was not being recognized. and i had the most difficult time trying to get it working and recognized by other mods. i even did manual install still wouldn't recognize it.

i do like the convenience of MO but NMM works without hassle even if its a bitch trying to get the game working without crashes, it works.

My mistake, i got sky-ui working i remember but it was  FNIS and SKSE that was not being recognized. and i had the most difficult time trying to get it working and recognized by other mods. i even did manual install still wouldn't recognize it.

i do like the convenience of MO but NMM works without hassle even if its a bitch trying to get the game working without crashes, it works.

For MO, you need to run those programs FROM the Organizer so they recognise the virtual directory. For SKSE and FNIS, you will still install these to Skyrim or Skyrim/Data folder - you then need to add it to your list of executables in MO.

1. Once you've installed FNIS and SKSE outside of MO, go into MO and click the dropdown for your list of executables. If your program isn't listed there (or isn't working), click <Edit...>

post-267501-0-37813300-1403083313_thumb.jpg

2. Once in here, begin typing up your new program Title - you should notice the buttons change to Add or Modify. Under Binary, click the [...] button and find your exe file for FNIS/SKSE. Then click Add/Modify (it's Add if it's new and Modify if it recognised the program's Title as an existing one.)

post-267501-0-73465600-1403083314_thumb.jpg

3. You've added the program - now you need to run it. From the dropdown, select the program you want to run and then click [Run]. For programs like Wrye Bash and FNIS, it will open over MO - do what you need and then exit the programs. This will then take the changes made over to MO. Once you're ready to play, select SKSE FROM THE EXECUTABLE LIST, NOT FROM YOUR SKYRIM FOLDER and [Run] from the MO menu.

post-267501-0-02276900-1403083319_thumb.jpg