The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

HanPL

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (Polish: Wiedźmin 3: Dziki Gon) is an upcoming action role-playing video game set in an open world environment, that is currently in development by Polish video game developer CD Projekt RED, it is scheduled to be released for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Microsoft Windows, and OS X on 24 February 2015. The game will be the third in the series, preceded by The Witcher and The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings, which are based on the series of fantasy novels of the same title by the Polish author Andrzej Sapkowski, but take place after them

New E3 Trailer.

the_witcher_3_wild_hu3ku1z.png

the_witcher_3_wild_hu8tuks.png

the_witcher_3_wild_hu1kuty.png

the_witcher_3_wild_huobuxr.png

the_witcher_3_wild_hujmuc2.png

the_witcher_3_wild_hunt_by_agb_gifs-d7l5

http://buy.thewitcher.com/

Already pre-ordered my CE for PC :D

The specs for this game are gonna be insane if those trailers are any indication.

Wasn't Witcher 2 like that, too, when it was released?

Yeah, nowadays Witcher 2 is the benchmark of pc gaming. If you can run it fine, then you know you have a good pc. 

@gooser

I finished Bound by Flame some time ago and well it's not bad game but not good either.

Game is not open world like it may seem in trailer but linear ,you get small area to explore and when you finish chapter you move somewhere else (Swamps, Snowy conyon , Snowy Castle and that's it ) The whole "Demon want's to control your body"  and you have to make choices is BS  since when you make about 2 choices demon will constatly take more and more control of  without player making any choices lol

Combat is well I will have to say bad. Rogue type is the only choice you really have since it's really overpowered class and oriented on fast slashing.

2h warrior is weak as hell and andy kind of mob can kill you easily (and there are always 3 or 4 of them in groups )

Mage/Demon is also kinda weak since magic drains super fast.

So can't really compare Bound by Flame to Witcher series, If I would have to compare it then Dragon Age 2.

@gooser

I finished Bound by Flame some time ago and well it's not bad game but not good either.

Game is not open world like it may seem in trailer but linear ,you get small area to explore and when you finish chapter you move somewhere else (Swamps, Snowy conyon , Snowy Castle and that's it ) The whole "Demon want's to control your body"  and you have to make choices is BS  since when you make about 2 choices demon will constatly take more and more control of  without player making any choices lol

Combat is well I will have to say bad. Rogue type is the only choice you really have since it's really overpowered class and oriented on fast slashing.

2h warrior is weak as hell and andy kind of mob can kill you easily (and there are always 3 or 4 of them in groups )

Mage/Demon is also kinda weak since magic drains super fast.

So can't really compare Bound by Flame to Witcher series, If I would have to compare it then Dragon Age 2.

Thanks, I'll pass on it then, and just wait for W3. 

So who is the "she" in the video? Yennefer? Who is the King?

Edit: I've only read "The Last Wish". At the time, the other novels/stories were not available in English, so I am missing gaps in the Witcher lore I think.

Edit2: I just noticed that  "The Time of Contempt" was published last year. Any good??

Games take place after Yennefer rescue Geralt (and they are both moved to other dimension by Ciri ) but somehow Geralt comes back in Witcher 1 (amnesia thing)

I've only read The Last Wish. I really need to read the other two books...

Thanks I watched the IGN eval video last night and they came to the same conclusions. But reading from the book, and understanding the lore, I thought Yennefer gave up her life to save Geralts?

So somehow I guess you didn't play Witcher 2 then? It's actually all about how Geralt recovers his memories and finds out about Yennefer's fate and his own (in Witcher 1 Yennefer doesn't even get mentioned by anyone, in part 2 she finally becomes important again for Geralt, as it should be).

It will be rather ... interesting ... to see how the relationship with Geralt and BFFs Yennefer and Triss will be. ^^ Both GEralt and Yen had quite an "open" relationship going, but...in the end their love was real and true...Triss and her impact on the player (Geralt) since the games' timeline started might change this...

I am so looking forward to this game...can't wait to kick the King of the Wild Hunt's  bony ass, the undead idiot...oh wait a second, undead?? Or not? And Triss and Yennefer, and damn they have Charles "Tywin Lannister" Dance as Emperor...how cool is that?? :cool:

When I played W2 I gave the rose to Triss. Is that going to affect W3? :) lol

For some reason, I keep remembering Yennefer was revealed in Geralt's memories (when talking to Letho, or perhaps before..) as saving Geralt's life by substituting her own when the Hunt came for him at the battle where Geralt was supposed to die? Oh gosh, I need to go read the books...

And if the white-haired chick is really Ciri, Geralt's adopted daughter, why would he be talking to the emperor this way ("What then? I shall give her what she deserves...") as if he wasn't going to protect her? ... 

When I played W2 I gave the rose to Triss. Is that going to affect W3? :) lol

For some reason, I keep remembering Yennefer was revealed in Geralt's memories (when talking to Letho, or perhaps before..) as saving Geralt's life by substituting her own when the Hunt came for him at the battle where Geralt was supposed to die? Oh gosh, I need to go read the books...

If I remember correctly Yennefer was first kidnapped from Avalon where she lived with geralt by the Wild Hunt, Geralt pursued them, and Yennefer ended up in Nilfgaard without her memories, much like Geralt. All due to the dealings of the Wild Hunt. That's why part 3, despite the Nilfgaard-Invasion, is mostly a personal thing. Geralt wants to find Yennefer and take care of the Wild Hunt ... some time now since I played the game though... but I think the last time Geralt is seen in the books is when he and Yen are killed, but "saved" by Ciri and transported to Avalon...so re-reading the books might not have too much impact on understanding the plot of part 3, rather a re-playing of part 2...

Anyone who has played Witcher 2 recently and has more insight feel free to correct me :)

I kind of hope they do what they did in TW2, where you follow your own story whilst also getting to shape the future of the kingdoms around you. I don't just want to be a bystander to all this, especially after all I did in TW and TW2. 

And I really hope they don't screw up the Triss/Yennefer angle. I've read the books and agree Yen is the love of his life, but things change. The first two games made that abundantly clear for me, and I still think I'd rather be with Triss. So I hope they take that into account in the third one, especially for players who may not have read the books and will be pretty pissed off if they get no say in the matter. I have read them, and I would still be miffed.

Still, the game looks amazing, hands down my favourite game. I see a PC upgrade coming up in January...

Finally Ciri and Yennefer!! Got to admit I really LOVE the designs of them, and Emhyr too, voiced by Charles dance no less! I played both W1 and W2 but have not read the books, now I keep wondering what Geralt would do with the Triss-Ciri-Yennefer situation in W3. 

One thing I hope for is the choices you make in W2 will have a big impact in W3's world, like people you can choose to spare (Letho, Sile de Tansarville,etc) will play bigger roles rather than just cameo appearances or even worse mere mentioning. Speaking of Letho, anyone noticed him at 0:31?

Every bit of materials they have shown us so far indicates it's going to be graphically fantastic, heck, even the brothel looks freaking amazing,lol, makes me start to worry if my PC can run it nicely when it comes out, but given how well they optimized W2, it will probably be better than my expectation.

I wish I have money for a PC upgrade by then >_> Not that it's bad, but we all know CDProjekt will hold no punches.  I mean hopefully.  I'll be seriously pissed if they go Watch_Dogs and Dark Souls 2 route and degrade the game for PC because stupid consoles can't keep up.  I prefer not being able to play it efficiently NOW but get to Ultra settings eventually than be stuck with a run-of-the-mill game that won't get any better.  Even if I have to play it at low now, #PCMasterRace dammit!

Archived