Bittercup Companion TTW

Really? There aren't troubles in FO3?

Liberty Prime certainly wasn't going swimming all the time! I would have remembered because it was truly funny!)

While I'm at it, isn't Sarah Lyons supposed to be lying on a cot when you wake up? In FO3 I mean. She's not in TTW....

Never seen any such issues in FO3. I'd have just died laughing if Liberty rime had gone swimming on me! (It 'sounds' like he and the Pride are trying to reach markers or refs that aren't in the TTW worldspace or are otherwise incorrectly positioned?)

Yes, Sarah wakes up with you if you have BS loaded.

Honestly, FO3 seems pretty rock stable so long as you avoid the hopeless 1.5 patch. Make sure your FO3 is on 1.7.

The only weird thing I've EVER seen was Moriarty going missing once, but as he isn't absolutely required for the MQ, it didn't really pose a problem. (I think he managed to fall through the floor). The 20.2.0.7 Nif format seems pretty robust, although the vaunted CS is worse than Oblivion's, which is worse than Morrowind's; but that's Bethesda coders for you.

Those are both a tad gothy for me but it shouldn't be hard to convert appearances once finished.

I thought Sydney's lines were actually voiced. I'll need to check to make sure that's the case. Making sure everything is voiced is a real pain because you have to sift through dialog and splice sound files. The good news is Sydney has a lot more possible dialog than Bittercup. I've got a couple lines in mind for Bittercup's comments about Sydney though. :cool:

EDIT: The dialog about Sydney calling Bittercup jailbait WAS voiced! LOL! I just found the voice file. Just needs some renaming to work with TTW.

I wonder if she was really intended as a companion but they axed her? She has TONS of dialog about everything and it's all voiced. Probably should have focused on Sydney first. Oh well.

Those are both a tad gothy for me but it shouldn't be hard to convert appearances once finished.

I thought Sydney's lines were actually voiced. I'll need to check to make sure that's the case. Making sure everything is voiced is a real pain because you have to sift through dialog and splice sound files. The good news is Sydney has a lot more possible dialog than Bittercup. I've got a couple lines in mind for Bittercup's comments about Sydney though. :cool:

EDIT: The dialog about Sydney calling Bittercup jailbait WAS voiced! LOL! I just found the voice file. Just needs some renaming to work with TTW.

I wonder if she was really intended as a companion but they axed her? She has TONS of dialog about everything and it's all voiced. Probably should have focused on Sydney first. Oh well.

which is quite ironic since bittercup is 17/18 years old, the Lone wanderer is 19/20 by the end of fallout 3 and Sydney by her backstory has the same age as Sarah Lyons which is 25/26

also this was in fact recorded by Karen Cabone for the mod itself

it would be nice if she could record atleast some lines for NV

Oh I see, so the author of the Sydney mod got the actress to record more lines? That makes a lot more sense then. :cool:

@ Keyser

I know right! Well I'm working on Point Lookout at the moment. Bittercup's Point Lookout!! :lol: :lol:

EDIT: WAS working on Point Lookout. Scratch another one off! :blush:

I can manage that when I get to messing with her. Some of the companion stuff is a bit of a pain. Not so much for FONV but rather converting an FO3 companion over.

With Point Lookout out of the way I'm hitting the Mojave again. (I'm saving the Pitt till the end.) ;)

EDIT: I've missed the Mojave. Things aren't as bleak there!

OK, new update includes Point Lookout handling. Note it has NOT been tested yet so it might fry. (Haven't had a chance to get out there to check it yet.) Also fixed the dialog for Project Purity. I went through the crazy battle scene again just to be sure it works, and it does! Finally, success! :angel:

Little more productive tonight than I thought. OWB is done. Needs testing as usual. I sent her to the Y-17 Medical Facility in the cells behind the forcefield. So the player has to work a bit to get her out. Her gear gets sent to THE FORBIDDEN DOME. Also gave her some snarky idle chatter if she's walking around naked.

By the way, two three questions!

• Should I bother giving her an option via dialog to turn off idle chatter?
  • Should I bother making her change outfits when swimming? (Swimsuit can be assigned via dialog.)
  • Since FONV companions have perks, any ideas for Bittercup?

I quite like the chatter, I mean if you don't like it why would you even want this mod? O.o

The swimsuit idea is a good one, I quite like that function on the 'Wendy Gilbert' companion.

As for a companion perk, that's a great idea!

Since she's a bit gothy and prefers the night. How about something time related.

Heightened perception or sneak at night perhaps? (no night-vision though, that's too far)

Since she's a bit gothy and prefers the night. How about something time related.

Heightened perception or sneak at night perhaps? (no night-vision though, that's too far)

You've actually talked to her, right? Thinking Bittercup could in any way help perception is a critical failure in understanding the character :P

You've actually talked to her, right? Thinking Bittercup could in any way help perception is a critical failure in understanding the character :P

Of course, those were just examples of things 'night related' Nessa could do.

Higher speech at night would work just as well though for instance.

Good ideas for the perks! :shy:  Willow already gives +1 CHA so I was thinking....

Teenage Angst: With Bittercup in tow, merchants are quick to agree with anything to get away from her. She can at least help you move more quietly at night due to years spent skulking in the dark.  +5 Barter, +5 sneak at night.

What's that sound like? :cool:

Next version will have swimwear. Already tested and working great, just need to decide on the dialog now. ;)

For the swimsuit I've got a TypeN suit for her that the player can swap out with whatever via dialog. Or nothing actually if that's the player's wish. She'll comment about walking around "without apparel" though!

Also since I've got a quest sitting there for swimming I thought I might as well add a few other things. Like sitting when the player does. That kind of thing.

@RDKateran

Not sure if that would work out. My scripts aren't using anything too wonky but what I don't know is if FOSE has some of the same conventions as NVSE. If it does, it might work. Mostly. Have to change the voice type and rename the voice files to coincide with FO3. And of course removing any of the FONV specific quests. And adding FO3 style companion handling. And....   OK, that would be a lot of work! :lol: :lol:

Oh I should mention, the OWB thing finally does edit a cell. I just didn't feel like warping in some 20 objects & xmarkers to avoid a cell probably nobody else edits. (It's one thing if it's just a container and a couple of xmarkers. But not a whole outfitted cell for Bittercup plus xmarkers for her robot jailor. Ugh!) That will probably be the only time I directly edit a cell however. I don't see that happening for the Pitt, Dead Money, or anything else.

I couldn't decide on an icon so I just threw this together. Courtesy of Tragiverse's Vault Girl icons that is! :cool:

post-99-0-25698200-1417571022_thumb.jpg

Got the preliminaries out of the way for Dead Money. But I think there's a little more to deal with there than I thought. Shouldn't be an issue however.

I must be on a roll this week!

EDIT: And... got her a custom jumpsuit in now. Because Bittercup wouldn't just wear any old jumpsuit! :cool:

• 2 weeks later...

Brisa shoots most other companions in the face. She doesn't have fixed factions, but gets them added when you start up the game and removed when you stop the game.

According to the guy who makes Brisa, he's doing it perfectly and it's for other companion makers to find a way for them to play nice with Brisa.