IGNORED

Awful 1St Person Hand Textures

ZepD

The only progress I've made so far is finding that loading the game with archive invalidation disabled fixes the the issue completely, but ofcourse archive invalidation is disabled which is a bigger problem itself.

Removing all instances of "handmale_1st" from the txt file however does not fix the problem? Any ideas whats causing this?

If disabling archive invalidation fixes it, that means it's whatever hand textures you have installed causing the problem. AI disabled means your installed textures are not being loaded.

FOMM's file manager will tell you what mod installed them. If you'd rather have the vanilla ones, just open up the directory in windows (data/textures/characters/male for male, data/textures/characters/female for female) and delete everything that starts with the word 'hand'.

That was one of the 1st things I tried :(

I just deleted every single line the in the archive invalidation txt and ran the game from a clean save, and the problem is still there. How can having it enabled but not loading any textures cause this?

edit: deleting the 1st person hand meshes that comes with roberts seems to sort of fix the issue, back to vanilla textures and meshes on 1st person hands which is a major improvement over the fruit cake hands. But still not as good as what they should be.

I didn't say anything about deleting from the AI txt. do not do that.

Delete the .dds files -- those are the non-vanilla textures for the hands.

Leave archive validation on and alone.. well after you toggle it off and back on now to fix the file you shouldn't have edited.

I didn't say anything about deleting from the AI txt. do not do that.

Delete the .dds files -- those are the non-vanilla textures for the hands.

Leave archive validation on and alone.. well after you toggle it off and back on now to fix the file you shouldn't have edited.

ah I worded my post wrong, I had deleted .dds files for male hand textures, I even tried a fix that installed the vanilla textures from the falloutnv bsa in the textures folder from breezes body.

Removing the hand meshes from roberts gets rid of the terrible texture problems, but of course the vanilla mesh isn't as good as roberts.

Sounds like your roberts meshes are pointing to their own path for the textures.

Open them up in nifskope, get the path, and copy the vanilla textures there from the vanilla BSA. This will blow up horribly if the vanilla hands and roberts have different UV mapping, I don't know if they do or not. If that's the case you have to choose one or the other, and go hunting nexus or elsewhere for better textures for whichever one you choose.

roberts uses vanilla textures for hands

not sure how to use nifskope, I cant even get it to render textures, and under NiTriStrips there isn't a texture path to be found, same for any mesh I load into it.

Archived